Social Media Brandon Smith

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brandon Smith is certainly playing well. But hes young and still filling out.
He has played prop for the storm and will develop a build like a prop.
Hes not a long term hooker.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brandon Smith is certainly playing well. But hes young and still filling out.
He has played prop for the storm and will develop a build like a prop.
Hes not a long term hooker.
Hes a hooker who is so tough he can play prop or SR.

Watch him vs Aussie to see how good he can be at hooker then the next year he rips Tonga up at hooker too.

Sure he has a lot of work in front of him, but hes a hooker no doubt.

Last edited:

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plainly you have a prejudice against Foran, you only see what you choose to see. When the facts don't support your preconceptions you simply ignore them, for example last year he played 14 matches and was easily our best or second best player in at least 11 of those. Of course I know your response, "well the rest of the team is crap so being the best doesn't mean much". Surrounded by better quality players, particularly a couple of strike players would only make him better. This year in 8 games it's been much the same, 2 tries, 3 forced drop outs, 5 try assists, 3 line break assists. Should have been more of all of them if he had decent support around him. Last week alone 2 try assists were missed because of Averillo's inexperience and no one backing up his line break.

Obviously you're fully entitled to your opinion, but maybe a few facts might help in lieu of your ridiculous exaggerations. Not to mention the number of times you contradict yourself.

Go Dogs
Yeah pull out one line that obviously doesnt show the whole conversation and only put that up for your own agenda.
Cock head with his cheer leaders. Use your heads people
Forans been fucked for 5 seasons now, its all the facts i need. His teams have always been poor on bottom of ladder.
I tryed my best to support him cause he wears our Jersey.
But wake up twin clown

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah pull out one line that obviously doesnt show the whole conversation and only put that up for your own agenda.
Cock head with his cheer leaders. Use your heads people
Forans been fucked for 5 seasons now, its all the facts i need. His teams have always been poor on bottom of ladder.
I tryed my best to support him cause he wears our Jersey.
But wake up twin clown
I chose to ignore most of your posts because they hardly ever contain any facts to the support your points of view, this post is a prime example of that. I post the facts and often the sources of them ("This year in 8 games it's been much the same, 2 tries, 3 forced drop outs, 5 try assists, 3 line break assists. Should have been more of all of them if he had decent support around him. Last week alone 2 try assists were missed because of Averillo's inexperience and no one backing up his line break) and you fail to even attempt to offer any repudiation. Instead you resort to insulting the poster, a sure sign that you can't offer anything to support your point of view. Hence I anticipate more insults in response.

Go Dogs

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hes a hooker who is so tough he can play prop or SR.

Watch him vs Aussie to see how good he can be at hooker then the next year he rips Tonga up at hooker too.

Sure he has a lot of work in front of him, but hes a hooker no doubt.
I agree he is a good hooker at the moment. Its the future I am referring to in my previous post.
He is almost a 100kg ATM. By the time he fills out he will be 110kg or more. I dont like 110kg hookers.
He will transition to the backrow sooner than you think.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree he is a good hooker at the moment. Its the future I am referring to in my previous post.
He is almost a 100kg ATM. By the time he fills out he will be 110kg or more. I dont like 110kg hookers.
It’s a very good point you make about being a long term hooker. I’d probably still nab him now though and over time with training work towards improving his body shape. I don’t think he can fill out anymore he’s far from skinny but the risk would be he has the physique that looks as though he can put on weight easily.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree to disagree. I think hes about where he is in terms of weight. If anything it looks like he puts on weight just to play in the forwards.

He's said he wants to play hooker, he plays for his country at hooker so ill take his word for it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I chose to ignore most of your posts because they hardly ever contain any facts to the support your points of view, this post is a prime example of that. I post the facts and often the sources of them ("This year in 8 games it's been much the same, 2 tries, 3 forced drop outs, 5 try assists, 3 line break assists. Should have been more of all of them if he had decent support around him. Last week alone 2 try assists were missed because of Averillo's inexperience and no one backing up his line break) and you fail to even attempt to offer any repudiation. Instead you resort to insulting the poster, a sure sign that you can't offer anything to support your point of view. Hence I anticipate more insults in response.

Go Dogs
Fair points made in my mind. Think Foran has been doing alright and we'd be crazy not to keep him ... at the right price AND he stays injury free

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fair points made in my mind. Think Foran has been doing alright and we'd be crazy not to keep him ... at the right price AND he stays injury free
We'll be re-signing Foran at a price that won't affect us as much if he does get injured. 1.2m -> ~400k. The only reason why Foran isn't a 1m half anymore is because of his injury record. The bonus is he does stay fit (which would give us a competitive advantage), but we're re-signing Foran on an amount that represents the amount of games played over the last three years.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We'll be re-signing Foran at a price that won't affect us as much if he does get injured. 1.2m -> ~400k. The only reason why Foran isn't a 1m half anymore is because of his injury record. The bonus is he does stay fit (which would give us a competitive advantage), but we're re-signing Foran on an amount that represents the amount of games played over the last three years.
He's played 26 games in 3 seasons. That is equivalent to 1 full season. So, basically he has sat out 2 full seasons. If you look at it, he has cost us $3million for one full season. No one in the NRL has ever been paid $3million for a season and yet he wants more than $400K. He should be playing the next 2yrs for free!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree to disagree. I think hes about where he is in terms of weight. If anything it looks like he puts on weight just to play in the forwards.

He's said he wants to play hooker, he plays for his country at hooker so ill take his word for it.
To me he looks like a George Rose in waiting.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just realistic. I used to drink with a mate that would get excited when a girl would look in his direction at bars. Before even speaking to her he'd rush off and buy condoms from the toilet vending machine. He'd get very excited and plan what he was going to say to woo her after buying the condoms, he'd talk to the bartender she'd just ordered from and find out what she was drinking. He'd buy her a drink after discussing with whoever was there whether his planned conversation was any good, he'd discuss what their children's names would be and then go talk to her. Problem with all this was that he'd really build up his hopes when she'd just glanced his way. Now that sounds fine if he had any luck, but during this process he'd also scoff down 5 rums and lose the ability to speak well and upon approaching her he'd be a slobbering mess and scare her off. Our little circle of friends could accept all of this process as it was his way. But after failing, he'd get very angry and heartbroken that little Burton wasn't going to be born. His next goal would be to spot a bloke that looked in his direction and pick a fight. Now the odds of him wooing a woman were about 1/50 tries, whereas his odds of finding a fight were about 3/4 tties.

I've told you this story for a reason. I see a lot of similarity between people who post here and my unlucky in seduction friend. We've heard a slight rumour that Brandon Smith is all but signed. 14 people here have listed fresh team sheets with him in it (they've bought condoms). A.number have enquired who the source of the information is (they've asked the bartender what the drink is). And those who've made team sheets have also named the rest of the perfect family (little Burton at 5/8). I'm not saying that we won't sign Brandon Smith. I just know that for every 50 players we're supposedly close to signing, about 1 of these rumours comes to fruition. Whereas 75%of the time I see heartbroken kennelers itching for a fight because the love affair they saw forming in their mind hasn't eventuated.

So I might be a buzzkill and a downer. But that comes from being realistic. I'm not trying to kill people's hopes off, I'm just trying to settle people down a little bit before I see them dash their hearts on the rocks and start picking fights.
In the words of Walt Disney "fantasy land is the happiest kingdom of them all", someone should start a fantasy thread.