Brandon Smith split between Roosters and Dolphins as new NRL home.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rubbish.
How can their window be closing when they have that many stars?
It was only injuries that (perhaps by karma) cruelled them this season.
You wouldn't think they could possibly lose their experienced half, hooker, an origin front rower, international centre, and a number of outside backs all at the same time....
It wont happen again. Not like that.
Which means they will be near favourites for a GF birth - again
Tedesco is 28, Keary 29 (30 before start of next season), JWH early 30s. Realistically Those guys only have a few years in them before injuries start to hit.

They still don't really have a solid hooker (until Smith comes), and if Tedesco/Keary go down, they struggle.

By time Smith arrives that another 2 seasons away.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Storm look like cutting Smith loose early as they are furious with the way he has carried on in the media.

Always had my reservations about him and his recent doings have just reinforced that.At least any indiscretions will be well covered. Smith will fit in well at the Roosters.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Storm look like cutting Smith loose early as they are furious with the way he has carried on in the media.

Always had my reservations about him and his recent doings have just reinforced that.At least any indiscretions will be well covered. Smith will fit in well at the Roosters.
I blame the storm for playing duck's n drakes from the get go. They dead set embarrassed themselves and it's backfired horribly.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

i bet the fat prick staged that so they would release him so he can win a comp in that jersey

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep the Rooster ***** made a huge deal out of grandstanding that Josh Morris was happy to play for minimum wage to play with Brett again.
Don't forget that when those players leave it frees up 500k per player in the cap. It's all part of the magic of the Roosters creative accounting and how they have the media control the narrative on their behalf.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would love to have Latrell here tbh

The way he plays the roosters bash them up style is how every team should play them

Gus was right hahah cant believe people stick up roosters latrell was just doing what we want to see

Would have him anyday
Latrell wouldn't even play a quarter of a season with us.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll pay you lost players, but please don't forget the Morris twins were on peanuts
They were each on 250K which was a significant pay cut. Cordner was on 850K, Friend 400K, Liu on 300K , Ikavalu 200K. That’s 2.75M, plus they’ll lose players at the end of 2023. Smith will be on approx 650-700K. Dolphins offered 800K
I know where I’d rather be.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
They were each on 250K which was a significant pay cut. Cordner was on 850K, Friend 400K, Liu on 300K , Ikavalu 200K. That’s 2.75M, plus they’ll lose players at the end of 2023. Smith will be on approx 650-700K. Dolphins offered 800K
Where were these figures pulled from?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As if Jake Friend was only on 400k. He was consistently a top 5 hooker for years.

Did you factor in Sam Walker getting a massive upgrade, Suaali being signed for 450k before he played FG or massive contract upgrades for Radley and Manu etc? Not to mention Chrichton and Tupou being re-signed

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good to see someone laying the boot into the mainstream so called journos

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Australia Post will be a lot more trouble than he's worth, Fam. It's pretty clear his ego has gone through the roof from all this media attention. Whether he comes next year, or 2023, he will be one of the biggest dud buys of the year.

Namaste

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As if Jake Friend was only on 400k. He was consistently a top 5 hooker for years.

Did you factor in Sam Walker getting a massive upgrade, Suaali being signed for 450k before he played FG or massive contract upgrades for Radley and Manu etc? Not to mention Chrichton and Tupou being re-signed

It’s better for the Roosters if I said he was on 700K as thats how much money it frees up but alas I’d be lying. Friend was on 400K for season 2021 & 22

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s better for the Roosters if I said he was on 700K as thats how much money it frees up but alas I’d be lying. Friend was on 400K for season 2021 & 22
No, it would be better if you were somewhat objective about what players are worth and what they're supposed to be on at the Roosters.. Do you think Friend was worth more than 400k on the open market? Don't you find it strange that so many rep players or top 5-10 players at their position stay for several hundred thousand dollars a year less per year to play for the almighty Roosters? Do you really think they'll forgo 500k plus over the life of a contract in a short career?

Or is it possible that "the Roosters set you up for life after your career" as Smith said is their way of cheating the cap?

Last edited:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Australia Post will be a lot more trouble than he's worth, Fam. It's pretty clear his ego has gone through the roof from all this media attention. Whether he comes next year, or 2023, he will be one of the biggest dud buys of the year.

Namaste
Who the fuck is Australia Post?