Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well I keep telling everyone that the word is he will make up his mind in November and apparently that's a direct quote from Cheese.

I'm being optimistic but signing TPJ and Gus is a big step for him to joining us.
I bet he won’t because he’s absolutely no need to. He could hold off till this time next year and have more options by the day, certainly more than Nov. First of which would be seeing what Bellamy is gonna do.

And do remember, anything that comes after “apparently” in a sentence means absolutely nothing.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I bet he won’t because he’s absolutely no need to. He could hold off till this time next year and have more options by the day, certainly more than Nov. First of which would be seeing what Bellamy is gonna do.

And do remember, anything that comes after “apparently” in a sentence means absolutely nothing.
Yeah I get you, especially with apparently. But I want to be optimistic FFS lol

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Only my guess but if he was going to throw 600k at him he would of kept finucane.

Everyone including Bellamy said how much he wanted to keep him.

Not just that. No way in the world storm give Brandon 7-900k. Grant the same.

We should throw it to the pair. Whoever signs first.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Only my guess but if he was going to throw 600k at him he would of kept finucane.

Everyone including Bellamy said how much he wanted to keep him.

Not just that. No way in the world storm give Brandon 7-900k. Grant the same.

We should throw it to the pair. Whoever signs first.
With Finucane leaving if Smith's happy playing lock I can see them giving Smith 700k. Grant will definitely get that money if not more. I don't see the Storm losing Grant at all. Smith will come down to what position he wants to play. We can also throw 900k at Smith which the Storm won't do. 4 years at 900k compared to what he'll be on at the Storm will be enticing.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon Smith would be thinking of 3 options in no particular order:

What Bellamy is gonna do.
More Premierships with Melbourne.
Money.

The latter if ridiculous a big chance of over riding the prior two because as always - money changes everything.

And I reckon that’s where it counts us out, because money’s the only chance of us beating him following Bellamy or him chasing more Premierships with Melbourne but…

Gus simply won’t pay it.

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Grant is the player we need and should chase.. Smith has become to entrench with Bellamy

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With grant and smith you have probably the 2 best hookers (if not 2 of the top 4) in the world.

Smith looks very committed to Bellamy (same was cam and Slater were). So definitely his decision will be based around what Bellamy plans with his future (whether is he long term extension at storm, a short term extension, looking at the broncos or a new Brisbane team etc).

Grant (who is the better, more natural, more talented player) looks like he can be persuaded away. Only issue is he is a Queensland boy so will that play as a factor with coming to Sydney? (with the broncos and possibly another Brisbane team coming along, his contract should line up with that in the next few years which will make it hard to lure him over if that is what he wants).

Grant will compliment the team better, as his service, vision, and understanding of when to run etc is far superior. Smith (who has surprised me) is a little more scrappy and an effort type of player, as opposed to a finesse type.

To be honest neither is likely (I’d say around 10% chance) in my optioning. Tigers do have 2 young hookers. And again it’s hard because 2 normally don’t go into 1 unless she is a big goer and keen. So there are opportunities to upgrade on what we have (in saying that Phil Gould in the 9 would be on par with katoa and dietz).

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
With grant and smith you have probably the 2 best hookers (if not 2 of the top 4) in the world.

Smith looks very committed to Bellamy (same was cam and Slater were). So definitely his decision will be based around what Bellamy plans with his future (whether is he long term extension at storm, a short term extension, looking at the broncos or a new Brisbane team etc).

Grant (who is the better, more natural, more talented player) looks like he can be persuaded away. Only issue is he is a Queensland boy so will that play as a factor with coming to Sydney? (with the broncos and possibly another Brisbane team coming along, his contract should line up with that in the next few years which will make it hard to lure him over if that is what he wants).

Grant will compliment the team better, as his service, vision, and understanding of when to run etc is far superior. Smith (who has surprised me) is a little more scrappy and an effort type of player, as opposed to a finesse type.

To be honest neither is likely (I’d say around 10% chance) in my optioning. Tigers do have 2 young hookers. And again it’s hard because 2 normally don’t go into 1 unless she is a big goer and keen. So there are opportunities to upgrade on what we have (in saying that Phil Gould in the 9 would be on par with katoa and dietz).
I can see Storm re-signing both then one jumping ship to the new Brisbane team.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think the ship has sailed, surely there is another option.