The reality for 2022 will likely be:
1. Averillo
6. Burton
7. Johnson
9. Hetherington/Kenny

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Assuming Smith isn't going anywhere, is the club looking at Hodgson? Or is he going to Brisbane or somewhere else?

Anyone that wants to sign Johnson should surely want to sign Hodgson short term for the same reasons. We need a hooker more than anything and Hodgson is still a classy and impactful player. He looks better every week after coming back from that ACL injury last season.
Didn’t Canberra say Hodgson isn’t going anywhere?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn’t Canberra say Hodgson isn’t going anywhere?
I think they were talking about this year. Hodgson himself has said that they're prioritising Starling and he might have to look elsewhere. There's a lot of turmoil and change coming in Canberra and Hodgson plus a few forwards are the most likely to be moved on.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
I think they were talking about this year. Hodgson himself has said that they're prioritising Starling and he might have to look elsewhere. There's a lot of turmoil and change coming in Canberra and Hodgson plus a few forwards are the most likely to be moved on.
I think papali is also on that boat, he is one unhappy player.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think papali is also on that boat, he is one unhappy player.
yeah its been reported that there is an issue with a perceived bias by Sticky towards the poms vs the Polynesians players.
I dont think this impacts the Hodgson aspect, but may do re the possibility of a departure of Papali etc

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny how Starling is the future and gets 10-15 mins game now. I would take Tapine or papali’i off them

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Funny how Starling is the future and gets 10-15 mins game now. I would take Tapine or papali’i off them
I'd gladly take either of them. Starling was starting and he'll be their starting hooker next year but Stuart is desperate for results to save his job and went back to Hodgson.

He changes the team every second week. Even good young players like Hudson Young don't make the bench because Stuart has lost the plot.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Other than SJ not one rumour(even if complete bullshit)about someone being in the radar signing wise for us...it's like watching fucking paint dry, hope it's just the maze of negotiating and not inactivity couldn't possibly not be chasing quality forwards and Smith hard still.

Hypothetical ? IF we were to announce a signing within the next week or so who would you prefer it be SJ or TPJ(who could possibly arrive within weeks/mid season if we nabbed him)?

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Other than SJ not one rumour(even if complete bullshit)about someone being in the radar signing wise for us...it's like watching fucking paint dry, hope it's just the maze of negotiating and not inactivity couldn't possibly not be chasing quality forwards and Smith hard still.

Hypothetical ? IF we were to announce a signing within the next week or so who would you prefer it be SJ or TPJ(who could possibly arrive within weeks/mid season if we nabbed him)?
SJ we need someone with brains and experience

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we signed both i wouldn't be upset either..i know TPJ is a risk but he is a weapon and maybe a new club, new city....fires him up

rfs

Waterboy
Reaction score
Doesn't look likely anymore.... Club needs some good news, a signing...... Where is it?