Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have 1 Brisbane feeder club and 1 feeder club on the Qld sunshine coast, and are based there, and do better than anyone else in developing talent including all of the Qld teams put together.

That really means only Penrith can get close to them for juniors and scouting ability reach.
Funny that, remind me again who are the only 2 that have a genuine shot at winning the comp this year?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Funny that, remind me again who are the only 2 that have a genuine shot at winning the comp this year?
I dont even call them a Melbourne team ...even when they resided there before C19 :grinning:

Melbourne in name only.

We got thoroughly bagged by some for yesterday. Not the refs fault its said. We are hopeless and have inferior, unskilled players and dumb, ill disciplined players which other teams dont ....like Parra? What they dont?

Some of that is true but it doesnt tell the whole story. Parra players broke rugby league rules out there on the field as well...they just weren't penalised for it. The ref decided to find all our faults...not theirs.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They have 1 Brisbane feeder club and 1 feeder club on the Qld sunshine coast, and are based there, and do better than anyone else in developing talent including all of the Qld teams put together.

That really means only Penrith can get close to them for juniors and scouting ability reach.
Sunshine Coast Falcons was to be our feeder club years and years ago until Melbourne came in and cut us out last minute

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sunshine Coast Falcons was to be our feeder club years and years ago until Melbourne came in and cut us out last minute
Hate em even more now for being too good.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cheese has always said he only wants 9
yep can earn an extra few 100k a year at 9 too, money talks.

Actually getting worried Grant getting injured so much is changing the landscape a bit though Storm could not possibly match what we can and should offer him, fuck we need him bad..just get it done and if they still asked for Avo(unlikely anyway)send him idc!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think if he's not onboard for 2022 then he can fuk off completely. I want him more than anything but his arrogant jibes and jokes haven't gone done that well with me. We're desperate and he's fukin around. If no 2022 then go a different direction hopefully. Fuk waiting for him.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Trouble in 23 is then we're competing with the New Queensland Franchise - and who's their coach gonna be..... Bennett??... Bellamy???

How the f@rck can we compete with that.
I don't believe that either of them will be THE Coach of the new SE Qld Club (my tip Redcliffe Dolphins), maybe Coaching Director or some other similar title for someone who oversees the football operations. That would be necessary for a new club and needed at least a year before they start playing in the NRL. Coaching Directors tend not to last very long, for example Gould didn't last long at the Chooks or Penrith, friction when they interfere with the Coach develops pretty quickly.

Always a Bulldog

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Trouble in 23 is then we're competing with the New Queensland Franchise - and who's their coach gonna be..... Bennett??... Bellamy???

How the f@rck can we compete with that.

I got a feeling it's nab him in 22 or unfortunately it won't happen.
Apparently both have shot down the idea of them coaching.

BUT I can see Skeletor being an admin role for them and I honestly can't see Bellamy leaving the Storm.

Don't be surprised if you hear Cam Smith in the mix for the coaching role.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it confirmed amongst those in the know that the cheese is not coming?

That’s devastating if true.

Who do we switch our attention to?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Someone at the Dogs needs to take a deep breath, tighten their belt, bite down on the mouth guard and fucking take a leap of faith... for all of us.

Grant or Smith, give them what they want and build around them.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Assuming Smith isn't going anywhere, is the club looking at Hodgson? Or is he going to Brisbane or somewhere else?

Anyone that wants to sign Johnson should surely want to sign Hodgson short term for the same reasons. We need a hooker more than anything and Hodgson is still a classy and impactful player. He looks better every week after coming back from that ACL injury last season.