Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just cant see how storm can keep both cheese and grant arrogant fucks
The NRL need a successful Melbourne team in the comp in an AFL Mad city otherwise they would become irrelevant.

So how is their constant success guaranteed???

I got my theories.................................. Roosters Set Up Ring A Bell Anyone???

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of pressure on Meaney today with the Eels kicking game - we also need Cotric and Katoa to get our sets started with their kick returns

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot of pressure on Meaney today with the Eels kicking game - we also need Cotric and Katoa to get our sets started with their kick returns
Instead they got knocked out and we had two backrowers as centres... yuck.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just cant see how storm can keep both cheese and grant arrogant fucks
Through intelligent cap management, something pretty foreign to our club.

Have a look at the Storm team for the past 10 years. Half of their top 17 each week are players on minimum wage or close to it.

Talent ID is obviously huge also and they do it better than every other club.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Have we offered Smith 900k yet...? We're desperate and the best hooker in the NRL this year probably deserves that type of money anyways (especially to come to this shit show)... I assume we're going all in when November hits and trying to get him for 22 which the Storm probably won't allow...

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Through intelligent cap management, something like pretty foreign to our club.

Have a look at the Storm team for the past 10 years. Half of their top 17 each week are players on minimum wage or close to it.

Talent ID is obviously huge also and they do it better than every other club.
Or maybe they get special treatment cause the nrl needs them to be successful in AFL territory

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Throw him whatever he wants for 2023, which the club can do from Nov 1. Once he's signed on for 23, THEN work out how to get him over earlier. Broker a deal with the Storm whereby they can come up with a few players who they'd want in return for an early release and if the dogs agree to someone then its done. How hard is it?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With how often Grant breaks down and has troubles with his knees and hammies, there's less and less chance of Cheese leaving next year or even the year after.

Grant is a great player but any club throwing big money at him would have to be scared off by his injury history.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With how often Grant breaks down and has troubles with his knees and hammies, there's less and less chance of Cheese leaving next year or even the year after.

Grant is a great player but any club throwing big money at him would have to be scared off by his injury history.
To be honest i think Cheese is a better hooker than Grant anyway. Alot of hype around Grant and i dont really think its all warranted. He is definitely a good player, but i wouldnt go as far as to say best in the game

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be honest i think Cheese is a better hooker than Grant anyway. Alot of hype around Grant and i dont really think its all warranted. He is definitely a good player, but i wouldnt go as far as to say best in the game
They're pretty close and very different styles of hookers. Grant is much more skillful. Smith is more impactful physically. If Grant could avoid injuries and play every game, I think he'd be the best hooker in the comp but in his short career he's been injured a lot which might prevent him from reaching his potential.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kid is certainly injury prone..

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're pretty close and very different styles of hookers. Grant is much more skillful. Smith is more impactful physically. If Grant could avoid injuries and play every game, I think he'd be the best hooker in the comp but in his short career he's been injured a lot which might prevent him from reaching his potential.
Yeah i've hardly seen him on the field this year which is probably part of where i'm coming from with my sentiments. Agree Grant is more skilful but Smith this year seems to have come into his own and is really going well, scoring tries and setting them up. Gets to almost every play the ball and has a good pass and great vision. His efforts in defence when his team is well ahead don't go unnoticed either. He's shown that he is not just a hooker but an 80 minute one at that. I really hope we can tie him up for 23 if not sooner

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

That’s actually always been my concern with this situation. Maybe as Grant gets older his body gets more used to NRL footy but at the moment he can’t string too many games together without getting injured. Not sure if Storm medical staff are being cautious with him or his body just can’t handle the grind.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Or maybe they get special treatment cause the nrl needs them to be successful in AFL territory
They have 1 Brisbane feeder club and 1 feeder club on the Qld sunshine coast, and are based there, and do better than anyone else in developing talent including all of the Qld teams put together.

That really means only Penrith can get close to them for juniors and scouting ability reach.