Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If the Cheese comes it because we have paid overs to be honest.. I dont think we should underestimate the player loyalty that club oozes and they rarely lose players they want.. JAC would have stayed if his family were all down there 100%.
What loyalty, aside from JAC leaving later this year that you have already mentioned, their CEO left earlier this year, it's Bellamy's last year (according to Bellamy), they have signed no one new for next year (is that the Bellamy leaving effect?), they have 12 players off contract this year and have resigned only 1 (Hughes) and they only have 6 players signed for 2023.

Cracks, cracks everywhere.

Go Dogs

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Somewhat hopeful this still happens(Smith), a few weeks of Grant playing where he want's to play.....the beaming light of far bigger $$ available elsewhere etc.. the i'm staying in melbourne thing would maybe have been just to quieten the gossip for a while.
Love to know who that DH was who told Sattler it was virtually a lock him signing.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
is he likely to be any worse than the clowns we now have?
I was just saying just because he was a junior rep at hooker, doesn't mean he will even make 1st grade. There are plenty of players signed as Junior Roos who never made it.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lichaa had the talent to succeed. Des destroyed him as a player from a psychological POV, IMO.
I totally agree with you there. He was a running hooker & Des turned him into a tackling hooker. I thought Des was supposed to be a genius.

He probably bought the right man for the wrong job. I feel sorry for Lichaa. I just hope others learn from that.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with you there. He was a running hooker & Des turned him into a tackling hooker. I thought Des was supposed to be a genius.

He probably bought the right man for the wrong job. I feel sorry for Lichaa. I just hope others learn from that.
Kept lichaa and let the parra hooker go

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So Titans have offered Clark (pommy) a 2/3 year deal. Cross titans off the list for Smith
This is good news, it’s going to force someone’s hand (club or player).

It’s the Cheese and Clarke showdown for Titans & Bulldogs.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I was really hopeful we would get b Smith it just made complete sense. Not remotely liking our chances these days. The way b Smith has spoken and the way baz completely Denied it (who at this stage has been very open and honest) isn’t Giving me Confidence.

We need a Fucking hooker urgently ffs. He’s the only good option.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be shocked if he doesn't end up at the Roosters!

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds like Brandon Smith has agreed to terms with the new Brisbane Jets starting 2023 which is why he announced/suggested he was staying on at Melbourne next year.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This sounds like Brandon Smith has agreed to terms with the new Brisbane Jets starting 2023 which is why he announced/suggested he was staying on at Melbourne next year.
Is the new Brisbane side actually locked in or is that still just something the NRL are thinking about?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It appears more likely each day that goes past that we are going to be like the poor bastard that goes into the glass cube with a million $ flying about and after 30 seconds he comes out clutching nothing... We have been associated with every hooker on the market but maybe their managers are just using us as an option only to lift the asking price with others.