Brandon Smith or bust

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hooker is a problem, but the biggest problem is not having ground making props.
Maybe not available, but I reckon Lindsay Collins and Pat Carrigan should be a good fit.
Toby Rudolf is the best and only prop worth buying off contract.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Toby Rudolf is the best and only prop worth buying off contract.
redcliffe dolphins qld cup winning team links, turpin staggs big toby, we had our chance, showed no interest, missed all 3

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Brandon Smith wouldn’t have magical stopped our players dropping balls and our forwards getting monstered.....
Hopefully CSmith taught BSmith the secret ref whispering technique, so he can get a decent shake at the penalties.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
#5 Brandon Smith

LOLLLLL Brandon Smith was woeful in what was a dominant Melbourne team. I've said it before and ill say it again, he doesnt have the fitness to play an entire game. He has a non-existent kicking game and his passing was like a 3-year-old kid lobbing a football to someone. He is a backrower with ambitions of playing 9. Soon as Harry Grant is back Brandon Smith won't see the hooking role.
"I wasn't quite sure how long he'd be on the field for," Bellamy said post-match about Smith starting in the number 9 jersey.
"To play those minutes was outstanding. He was one of our best and defensively he was terrific."

For some reason I trust Bellamy's rating more ;)

Go Dogs

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
#5 Brandon Smith

"I wasn't quite sure how long he'd be on the field for," Bellamy said post-match about Smith starting in the number 9 jersey.
"To play those minutes was outstanding. He was one of our best and defensively he was terrific."

Go Dogs
LOLLLL same Bellamy who keeps finding alternatives to not play a Brandon Smith at 9. I get what you’re saying ;)

transporter

Waterboy
Reaction score
We need big forwards like junior Porlo who can break the line then offload.Ogden and acini have been with us a few years and done nothing.hoppoarti too slow and does nothing don’t resign him. Napa is useless,hetherington much better. Fwz not sure about,brings the ball back ok but too scared to catch the ball and has dropsy.still hope we get a few wins this year.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After watching last night's game I think it proves more than ever we're f..ked unless we can get him. I had high hopes for Deitz and he still might work out but in a game like last night when we're getting monstered Brandon Smith would make a real difference with his energy alone.

Broncos, Titans and Tigers are interested. Sounds like he might be happy to remain at the Storm now also even if not playing hooker.

I'm thinking again now we really need to make him an offer he can't refuse. I'd go $900K to a MIL IF we had to outbid someone else. It's such an important role. We have f..k all superstars even in our spine. Can we buy a couple at least ?
I do know we are pursuing Smith
I do know he is a wonderful player
I do know also he isn't the perfect hooker
What I do not know is how much are we prepared to outlay for his signature...?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need big forwards like junior Porlo who can break the line then offload.Ogden and acini have been with us a few years and done nothing.hoppoarti too slow and does nothing don’t resign him. Napa is useless,hetherington much better. Fwz not sure about,brings the ball back ok but too scared to catch the ball and has dropsy.still hope we get a few wins this year.
Acini, Hoppoarti and Fwz haven’t even played first grade for us yet.

how big is Junior Porlo? Bigger than Ogden?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I do know whatever it is we offer him will be too much for a few

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
700-800k's good. I'm not saying he's worth that but when you weigh everything up and our current situation and there are no other options (only other option is Turpin, who's still a couple levels beneath, unless it's someone currently on contract) and how much it'll improve our team as a whole, etc. I think it'd be madness to not pay him an extra couple of 100k's to get it done. We're also weak in the forwards and at times he plays and defends like an extra forward (also don't underestimate his attacking game, after Cook, Grant and Koroisau, he's in the conversation with next best hooker).

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
#5 Brandon Smith
LOLLLL same Bellamy who keeps finding alternatives to not play a Brandon Smith at 9. I get what you’re saying ;)
Whether or not he has chosen CSmith or Grant over BSmith in the past is irrelevant. Your rating was for one game and Bellamy's rating was for one game, I rank his rating quite a bit higher than yours, it's very simple.

Go Dogs

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake friend medically retire. Roosters get looked after again by nrl and next minute smith signs with roosters

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jake friend medically retire. Roosters get looked after again by nrl and next minute smith signs with roosters
Verrills is good to go.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Does anyone else think Jackson Topine playing at hooker (?) for Mounties is a bit suspicious? If we were to sign B. Smith we'd need someone to spell him for 10-20 minutes a game and obviously Topine can also play lock and should be in our 17 next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I heard a beach sprinter might be on the market for next year..