Brandon Smith or bust

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
we should have signed turpin but now we we should sign mahoney. Cheaper,more effective.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
we should have signed turpin but now we we should sign mahoney. Cheaper,more effective.
Not cheaper. Mahoney was also off contract recently, surely we had a crack.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
At the risk of being branded a traitor I must concede that I spent the bulk of the off-season contributing to a rival dogs forum. I’ve returned to TK for the season proper.

Hope you’ve been well KD.
Fair enough, all is fair in love and war. Yep been good, like most lurking around here everyday praying for Burton news lol

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Not cheaper. Mahoney was also off contract recently, surely we had a crack.
no we didn’t “have a crack” how can we when we’ve got no cap - mahoney was “expected”to re sign with the eels and he did. Hardly called having a crack.. more like holding our own hair back while we’re spewing

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
no we didn’t “have a crack” how can we when we’ve got no cap - mahoney was “expected”to re sign with the eels and he did. Hardly called having a crack.. more like holding our own hair back while we’re spewing
Mahoney was off contract for 2021, we had money to spend as you can see by the money we've currently already spent and signings we made.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
De Belin has not played since the end of 2018 and even should he get off, what value do you see him providing at 30 years of age and almost 3 years out of the game?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
De Belin has not played since the end of 2018 and even should he get off, what value do you see him providing at 30 years of age and almost 3 years out of the game?
I see your point but at the end of the day risk reward is what it’s about. Cheap signing with some potential upside If he plays origin level
Nrl isn’t brimming with brilliance anymore atm
The young nrl players of today were brought up in a system and conditioned for a game that is very different and faster now so there’s a period of chaos and flotsam and jetsom. They were from a system where heavy Tongans ruled. Hard to tell who will float to the surface now.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Qe do need a hooker yes.. cant spend that amount though.. Ennis was on 300K back in the day.. absolute steal that was imo..

Because we are desperate probably could spend 600K max for a top hooker..

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Surely he goes to the Warriors now, they just released Lawton.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m in two minds about this

I want him but I’m worried he isn’t the answer.
Whilst not the best 9 his aggression and desire are good for a team and the type of player that rubs off on others

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He’s the answer. Also the only good option available ffs. We simply need him. I have no problem parting with Napa and hoppa and a few overpaid players who shouldn’t be in our 17 for depth and adding b Smith and staggs.

The only thing is we then are cap full. Though a squad of

Allan
Jac
cotric
Staggs
Oko
burton
Flanagan
Thompson
b Smith
Hetho
Elliott
rfm
Jackson

Waddell, Renouf, Ogden, kids like doorey, topine etc. hopefully that piknua kid.

Is competitive! Throw in we have Dwz to unload or offload after 1 more for Upgrades needed and jacko the year after. We would be fine to handle it!

Allan
Burton
Flanagan
B Smith

Great and reasonable young/priced ok spine.

Granted not

Papen, Munster, Hughes, grant
Teddy, Keary, friend
Tommy, dce, Foran etc

Though I feel it could be up there with the best and certainly allows us to build around when you consider manly, storm, roosters etc are paying them and still have quality big paid players around them!

Cya Napa, hoppa, jmk, Lewis, Stimson, britt, Katoa, meaney, wakeham, Crichton etc. granted some Aren’t on huge $ though we would be shocked and disappointed at someone like britt and Stimson who aren’t even in first grade earning double min wage. Blokes like Lewis, Meaney, jmk who don’t belong and the same!

Hoppa and Napa obviously give us plenty
To spend just as they are paid on what they where/expected. Neither would get half their contracts anywhere now surely.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a stupid story. As if a player on 500k is going to pay 200k of his own money to get a release. Even if he could make up the difference elsewhere, no player in their right mind would do it.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whilst not the best 9 his aggression and desire are good for a team and the type of player that rubs off on others
See that’s what people said about renoylds and to me that wasn’t enough to warrant being selected in the spine week in week out.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
See that’s what people said about renoylds and to me that wasn’t enough to warrant being selected in the spine week in week out.
Honestly this bloke has LOTS more to give than Reynolds, maybe not the world's best 9 think everyone agrees on that but overall this guy is a winner breeds confidence and comraderie.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Disgusting and you could probably say the same with Grant and Koroisau with not offering them enough. We've had so many opportunities.
Lynne and Hill at their best :rage:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hooker is a problem, but the biggest problem is not having ground making props.
Maybe not available, but I reckon Lindsay Collins and Pat Carrigan should be a good fit.