Brandon Smith or bust

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
we lost the battle upfront & our ball control coming out of our own end was disgusting.

I don’t think we can do any worse... Flanagan was great
And? My point still stands that we aren't winning games like that. We need to improve every aspect of our play.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
surprisingly, I heard an interview with him where Smith mentioned that he prefers to be heavier when he plays at hooker as compared to when he plays in the back row
No its the other way around i think around 5kgs variance from memory 97 Second row 92 hooker.

I find it laughable for people to say Cheese is no good WTF?? we need him hello....

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His strong quick runs would get us going forward and get us a more even share of 6 agains - momentum. We were on the backfoot in defence largely because of our poor attack.
No we were on the back foot,because we dint respect possession football,when u loose the ball as often as we did last night,and u have to defend for extended periods,there’s only one result,

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disgusting and you could probably say the same with Grant and Koroisau with not offering them enough. We've had so many opportunities.
And how exactly would you know what they were offered ? Do you ever stop and think that maybe there is more to life than money? Some people just don’t want to move to certain cities

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And how exactly would you know what they were offered ? Do you ever stop and think that maybe there is more to life than money? Some people just don’t want to move to certain cities
Turpin and Koroisau both visited our facilities. I think the club under rated Grant. I don't believe we offered enough, you can believe whatever you want. I do think money is the most important thing, especially if it's enough. It's a professional business. We've had multiple attempts.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Manly is toxic right now,

Sign Fainu (get Baz onto him) and De Bellin for 2022, then add some more forwards for 2023

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone know anything about Kobe Hetherington besides the fact that he is Jason Hetherington's son?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Manly is toxic right now,

Sign Fainu (get Baz onto him) and De Bellin for 2022, then add some more forwards for 2023
Are we going to play our home games at Long Bay? Is this the Longest Yard?

I'm pretty sure Manly re-signed Fainu anyway. De-Bellin will stay with Saints if he is found not guilty.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We aren't getting cheese imo... We need to push hard for Blayke Brailey next season... Going to be 2 long seasons without a 9. Starling was a fool extending with Canberra not even in the tip 17

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Brandon Smith is not the answer at 9.

I know we need a 9 for next season, but there’s no point spending that amount of coin on a lock who wants to play 9.
Agree. I want B.Brailey because he played with Flanagan and with Burton coming that would settle our spine for years to come, with only fullback our real concern if Allan doesn't lock it down. Also if we have those two we easily get Bronson Xerri for a cut price deal when his ban is over lol. Gotta think ahead

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Longtime lurker.

I don’t think he’s that good as a hooker, and definitely not inthe Barrett mould of a zippy Api, Deitz, Granville, Cook, Sterling type hooker.
Smith would be in the Peats, McInnes, Levi bracket. Best of the bracket but that style no less. It is clear Barrett doesn’t want this and I think he’s right.
if he did, he would have chased Mcinness instead of Sterling and promoting Deitz. A nobody player that does indeed fit the zippy ‘cheeky wiggy’ mould.

I think he will F off Katia and strongly persist with Deitz and JMK for the time being. He will do his dang best to make it work.
If he can’t, I think you might see a play for the English guy everyone likes if no one else becomes available.

if it’s a spectacular fail I could honestly see a mid year call to Cam smith. We have salary cap left.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Horse is out of the paddock, where have you been
At the risk of being branded a traitor I must concede that I spent the bulk of the off-season contributing to a rival dogs forum. I’ve returned to TK for the season proper.

Hope you’ve been well KD.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even that's a bit much now with COVID & all. At least so I am told.
but how to know whether it is a suspicious cough or just simply she has her mouth full... best not take the chance