Brandon Smith Melb

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Tolls. Gives 100% every game and I can't recall the last time he had a shocker.

A modern day Brad Morrin.

He's more a Bulldog than a Storm player these days.
Remember last season when he was about 2 foot over the try line and only had to ground it to win us the game. But then thought it would be a good idea to pass it a meter forward to absolutely no one. That image is ingraved in my head. Id still keep him the way the new age props are becoming old tolls. Every side needs one, could be worse, parra have mannah.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It makes sense from that perspective but I would be sure that Tigers have zero cap space.

We have $$ available for 2020.
Would love to make a play for the kid but sounds unlikely.
I completely forgot about their cap issues with the Farah thing.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Tolls. Gives 100% every game and I can't recall the last time he had a shocker.

A modern day Brad Morrin.

He's more a Bulldog than a Storm player these days.
Dude, It was a TK joke.... I'm actually disappointed u put him in the same class as Brad Morrin?? His more up there with the Grimaldi's

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember last season when he was about 2 foot over the try line and only had to ground it to win us the game. But then thought it would be a good idea to pass it a meter forward to absolutely no one. That image is ingraved in my head. Id still keep him the way the new age props are becoming old tolls. Every side needs one, could be worse, parra have mannah.
LOL what game was that? I remember vaguely he had a white line fever moment...

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL what game was that? I remember vaguely he had a white line fever moment...
Cant remember now but im pretty sure it was the sunday arvo game i just cant remember who against. I renember my beer started coming back up. One of tolmans greatest moments it was. Someone will find it and display it here hppefully i can barely use computers, id love to see it again.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dude, It was a TK joke.... I'm actually disappointed u put him in the same class as Brad Morrin?? His more up there with the Grimaldi's
I rated him like Brad Morrin, because Morrin would just get on field, and put his head down and toil away. Never got rep honours, never got recognised for his efforts, yet was a crucial part of the team.

That's how I see Tolman.

Absolutely top bloke too. Always happy to have a chat.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I rated him like Brad Morrin, because Morrin would just get on field, and put his head down and toil away. Never got rep honours, never got recognised for his efforts, yet was a crucial part of the team.

That's how I see Tolman.

Absolutely top bloke too. Always happy to have a chat.
Brad Morrin was physcotic.

Funny Morrin story... Walk into a job Interview and who was my interviewer? Brad fukn Morrin.. I lol and a was like so I get the job? He goes "why do U say that" I go because I'm a mad dogs supporter... He luaghed it off and was like I'll see what I can do..

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Funny Morrin story... Walk into a job Interview and who was my interviewer? Brad fukn Morrin.. I lol and a was like so I get the job? He goes "why do U say that" I go because I'm a mad dogs supporter... He luaghed it off and was like I'll see what I can do..
So did you get the job?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The chances are probably slim and he likely will head elsewhere if he does leave, but he's a terrific player who the club should try and do all they can to sign.

He's tough, a great defender, has size and great timing and awareness. He or another promising hooker signing would make things so much easier for Lewis, the forwards and outside backs.

Right now they're being stifled and held back by the glaring weakness at that position.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey klil doesnt brad morrin manage a rub and tug ?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The chances are probably slim and he likely will head elsewhere if he does leave, but he's a terrific player who the club should try and do all they can to sign.

He's tough, a great defender, has size and great timing and awareness. He or another promising hooker signing would make things so much easier for Lewis, the forwards and outside backs.

Right now they're being stifled and held back by the glaring weakness at that position.
There's a few players like that coming though now.

Victor Radley, Keegan Hipgrave both spring to mind.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unless the club can get rid of someone, the won’t be signing anyone else. The top 30 is full with the addition of Morgan Harper.
Exactly. We have named our top 30 for 2019 and unless we move someone on; no go. Any injuries are to be covered by development players just like last year...
Lichaa is one of those top 30. So is JMK. So is brown.
I doubt we would sign smith to play ISP behind these guys.
Space in the team isn't the problem, space in the cap is.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lichaa is one of those top 30. So is JMK. So is brown.
I doubt we would sign smith to play ISP behind these guys.
Space in the team isn't the problem, space in the cap is.
The top 30 doesn't mean changes can't be made though. If the club releases a player from within the top 30, then that spot opens up.

Obviously if we signed someone of the calibre of Brandon Smith then someone like Lichaa, Brown or JMK could be moved on with minimal affect on the cap for next year.

Surely even after signing Napa there's enough cap space left to be creative in signing the right young player.