Rumour Brandon smith done deal

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
i think it stands to reason that Smith leaves unless he gives up the playing 9 dream, have said this numerous times and it makes sense.Unless Grant were to leave but i don't think he will be able to hang in and wait for that possibility, also i'm unsure when Grant is contracted until? 2023?
Grant contracted until the end of 22, he has a MO (mutual agreement) for 23.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
so the mutual agreement means he is locked there for '23?
I think there would be ways to get out of it but without knowing the specifics it's hard to say. It has to be different to a normal contract so it isn't set in stone.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's nothing reported in the media afaik. He's on nowhere near what he's worth tho.
yeh figured that so am curious what is the fine print in the '23 portion re: an increase if there is any, not that we will be privvy to it i guess.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% been saying this for years. For me it’s a no brainer. I haven’t heard a compelling argument against it.

The only reason the idea doesn’t see the light of day. Is because the people that benefit the most from the current TPA rules, effectively run the game.

Having the games talent more evenly spread will adversely effect a minority of clubs. With the Majority of clubs benefiting. But unfortunately the minority runs the game.
I sent a format of one to David Gallop many years ago but not surprisingly, he didn't respond.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
100% been saying this for years. For me it’s a no brainer. I haven’t heard a compelling argument against it.
The only reason the idea doesn’t see the light of day. Is because the people that benefit the most from the current TPA rules, effectively run the game.
Having the games talent more evenly spread will adversely effect a minority of clubs. With the Majority of clubs benefiting. But unfortunately the minority runs the game.
A compelling argument, how about who the fark is going to allocate these points? Surely you don't trust the NRL to do it? Every Melbourne player would have a minus rating and the Chook's would have twice as many points as the others.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
so the mutual agreement means he is locked there for '23?
Nope, in a standard MO contract BOTH parties have to agree for him to stay. He can simply say no and sign with someone else from 2023 onwards in 2 weeks (ie; on 1st November).

We have 10 spots freed up at the end of 2022 and an additional 17 spots freed up at the end of 2024, leaving 3 players still signed if Burton exercises his PO option (unlikely without an upgrade).

Always a Bulldog

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Put me in my box for what? I will not be bullied into silence by cranks like you who do not understand that a forum is a place for debate and disagreement.
Your such a hypocrite. You fixate on something and then argue against every single person that disagrees, for 200 pages. Like you, we are also entitled to our opinions, and in regards to elliot you seem to be the only person who disagrees, yet you feel such moral righteousness that you simply have to tell each and every one of us that we are wrong! You could just let it go, and accept that we hold a different opinion, but you simy cant. Yet your now saying we are the bullies?! Fucking hypocrite.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Your such a hypocrite. You fixate on something and then argue against every single person that disagrees, for 200 pages. Like you, we are also entitled to our opinions, and in regards to elliot you seem to be the only person who disagrees, yet you feel such moral righteousness that you simply have to tell each and every one of us that we are wrong! You could just let it go, and accept that we hold a different opinion, but you simy cant. Yet your now saying we are the bullies?! Fucking hypocrite.
I have never once claimed people don't have the right to disagree with me, let alone suggested mods should rein someone in when they weren't breaching community guidelines..... I've never complained about people having strong opinions that contradict my own....I haven't even complained much about the hatters who bombard me with personal abuse..... and I said bullying (verb) not bully (noun)....I'm not sure whether you are a bully or not, but insulting someone and repeatedly telling them to shut up on an open forum is definitely not on, so pull your head in, sunshine. I am 100 percent entitled to my genuinely held belief that that anger and vitriol directed towards Elliott has been over the top....and you know what? Directly replying to (or in some cases tagging) me and then accusing me of bombarding a thread is pretty silly. If people didn't want to engage with me, my post count would be a lot smaller.

You have a nice day, now.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is probably only a few of us who know who this guy is lol. The original Steven Smith. He actually ran an indoor cricket centre in Bankstown so he has ties to the area lol
He was one of my favourites & then he went on the Rebel tours to SA. Played 1 test in the first series & got a ton & was second in the averages on the 2nd tour. Must be something in the name. He was dicked around by the selectors.