Rumour Brandon smith done deal

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bennett won’t be able to resist sticking it to the Donkeys, so much that he’d probably do it for free.

Always a Bullldog
He'll be raring to get stuck in. First target Haas lol

Reactions: ATT

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Heeee cannnnn if Melbourne have received a request from smith saying he wants to go a year early… it’s literally the same principle as a club telling a player to look elsewhere one year or two years before…
He can’t sign anywhere for November with any request. Melbourne can say no. Like jac.

Big difference.

Club can say you can look around at any time. They could or they could stay.

In November smith could sign anywhere for 2023 and ask if he can leave early.

Though no club could announce anything (e.g us hoping Gus implied smith) before November.

We could potentially have sorted it but there’s no way I believe it’s Brandon unless maybe it was something like this week Brandon announces next season is his last with storm.

Then maybe that would be a clue we have it sorted come November.

Doubt it though. Far more likely some extensions or maybe some other signing or off field news.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Unless the timing is off but I recall Melbourne gave him permission to talk to other clubs, around the time JAC and Barrett had the catch up. BSmith would be fully within his rights to have negotiated a move to us within that window, before Grant got injured (again) and Melbourne closed it. Could have been agreed not to be announced until after the GF so as not to upset Melbourne’s winning the premiership, which of course is now redundant.

Everyone likes a good conspiracy, Stan Martin at SFX Sports is BSmith‘s agent, he is a Kiwi and has a long term friendship with ……….. Steve Hansen.

Always a Bulldog

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Update I have been given.

Smiths manager really wants him to leave Storm to earn more money elsewhere.. the money he would get at another club (us for example) is almost a third more than what the Storm can offer.

He really wants to stay at Melbourne.

See what happens but I would steer clear from him. The fact his heart would not be in it would make it a waste of money. We want people that want to play for us, not signing on for the money.

I have also been told the Munster stuff is not BS, it's true. Lets see what happens.
So Smiths manager is money hungry. Isn't Munster's girlfriend from Sydney, she lost her Mum this year to cancer & is expecting so may want to be closer to her dad etc.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Smith doesn't strike me as a backwards looking person, currently he sees himself at the Storm, but if he was convinced enough to make the decision to go elsewhere I think as soon as got to the new joint and makes a few friends and starts having fun he'd be switched on and would give it his all.

I'm not convinced about Munster. He is one of the best halves going around, however he has a record of going missing in big games. Also he is a left side dominant half, so who would play left side, him or Burton?

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So Smiths manager is money hungry. Isn't Munster's girlfriend from Sydney, she lost her Mum this year to cancer & is expecting so may want to be closer to her dad etc.
I remember Foxsports run an article start of the season saying that Munster enjoyed the storm being relocated to Sunshine Coast in QLD because it was close to his partners parents. They might have been from Sydney originally? But from that article it appears her parents were living on the Sunshine Coast.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only chance of us landing the Cheese is if he hasn't re signed with Storm by November 1st.

With an entire month to pass before then, you'd think that all of the Storms focus from now will be solely on retention.

If The Cheese is still available on November 1st, it means he is seriously going to look at all his options, one of them being us.

I think we are competing with the New Franchise, Broncos & Titans though.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only chance of us landing the Cheese is if he hasn't re signed with Storm by November 1st.

With an entire month to pass before then, you'd think that all of the Storms focus from now will be solely on retention.

If The Cheese is still available on November 1st, it means he is seriously going to look at all his options, one of them being us.

I think we are competing with the New Franchise, Broncos & Titans though.
The New Franchise if it happens in 2023as planned is a certainty in my book. His family is all up that way. That’s where he wants to be. Smith & Munster will be top of their list for top dollar marquee signings. Broncos & Titans won’t be able to match.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree. Blows my mind the criticism JMK cops. FANTASTIC defender with pace. At worst he is a very good number 14.
Jmk has had 3 years under pay and another under Barrett,under pay we were mid table for play the ball speeds if my memory serves me right,and he did nothing,defensively he puts in,he’s passing game is terrible has no kicking game,would rather he’s brother at 37 better option.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was listening to Joel and Fletch this arvo. They were talking to the chick who does social media for the Storm. They asked her who gets the most attention. She said easily Cheese. Fletch said a throwaway line “oh you’ll miss him next year when he’s at the Bulldogs then”. Made my ears prick up. Maybe there’s some whispers in some league circles?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Was listening to Joel and Fletch this arvo. They were talking to the chick who does social media for the Storm. They asked her who gets the most attention. She said easily Cheese. Fletch said a throwaway line “oh you’ll miss him next year when he’s at the Bulldogs then”. Made my ears prick up. Maybe there’s some whispers in some league circles?
Could be though fletch could easily be taking the piss lol

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You do realize that you're talking about Fletch right! :tearsofjoy: