Rumour Brandon smith done deal

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You're biased, not me.
I simply believe he deserves a chance with a few more decent players around him, plus hopefully a full season injury free, since he only played 9 games this year. A view shared by others, one of which I posted.

Always a Bulldog

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't take anything serious that suggests JMK is crafty... I cannot remember 1 try he's setup nor a nice clearing kick or a repeat set he's earned.
The 1 time he made a nice break from hooker he couldn't even draw and pass the fullback when DWZ was in for all money....

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is no chance at all that Melbourne lose Hughes & Smith to Tigers (at best they land 1 marquee) & Broncos snare Paps…quite simply, Melbourne don’t loose 2 spine players…. Let alone 3.

I can understand there being some truth to Munster, perhaps he’s getting on Bellamy’s nerves and he’s not been in the type of form we’re used to seeing. But yeah, Tigers would have to throw ridiculous money to land a single marquee.
Of course not. Gould obviously realised the absurdity of the tweet & provided an equally absurd response.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I simply believe he deserves a chance with a few more decent players around him, plus hopefully a full season injury free, since he only played 9 games this year. A view shared by others, one of which I posted.

Always a Bulldog
I agree with you. Every one of those 9 games JMK played this year he was a better footballer than last year. And that game v Dragons, our 2nd win out of 3 and JMK’s first game back after months, he was the big difference in that game compared to previous. Our defence in the middle, service and pass selection from DH the thing that looked much better than the previous crap from Kotoa.

Everyone wants a superstar #9 and that’s what they judge JMK against. But if you pay any attention to Gus at all they’re not gonna get it. He’s said repeatedly he prioritises 1, 6 & 7 and that’s where he’ll spend his big money. He’s gonna upgrade Burton to what he thinks he’s worth soon and save space for what he thinks he’ll be worth come the extension, he’s gonna have a play for Latrell for ‘23 if he can pry him loose or the year after when he’s off contract and keep looking for a 7 on the market next few years or hope one of ours steps up and deserves it.

That’s where his big bucks will go. Anybody thinking he’s gonna go anywhere near Cheese’s asking price is dreaming.

All he wants out of his 9 is somebody who does his tackles, hits his targets from DH, the odd scoot, be good if they developed a little kick. All things JMK could become, most he can do now. And then there’s the other blokes - Cook, The Russian. The three of them will fight it out and work in tandem over the next few years.

And anyone thinks you can’t win a Premiership with a DH who just does his job tradesman style, Roosters won 3 comps in a decade and two in a row with a bloke who didn’t do much else except tackle, pass and the basic trade stuff well.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that people still think JMK is a starting calibre hooker after three seasons of being rubbish.

Being surrounded by better talent won't change the fact that he still can't pass off the ground, every pass is behind players, he always takes the wrong option and has zero awareness and timing of when to run and when not to.

Cook is likely to be the starting hooker with BBO off the bench. Hopefully JMK is in reserves all season where he belongs.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't take anything serious that suggests JMK is crafty... I cannot remember 1 try he's setup nor a nice clearing kick or a repeat set he's earned.
The 1 time he made a nice break from hooker he couldn't even draw and pass the fullback when DWZ was in for all money....
The game last year against the Tigpies is still in my memory.

Game in the balance, JMK makes a break, dodges a few defenders and with an open try-line in front of him, passes to Tolman one metre out, who has to struggle his way against two defenders to just get the ball down for a try.

We still got the try and JMK still got the try assist but fuck that was bad

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
The game last year against the Tigpies is still in my memory.

Game in the balance, JMK makes a break, dodges a few defenders and with an open try-line in front of him, passes to Tolman one metre out, who has to struggle his way against two defenders to just get the ball down for a try.

We still got the try and JMK still got the try assist but fuck that was bad
Lol the best part of that try was Meaneys reaction when JMK passed the ball to Tolman lol

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He will hold off until the new Brissie team is announced to see if he will get a million dollar door knock. Continue to act like a smug fukwit and make heaps of leading comments cock teasing teams he has no interest in joining. He will then continue with the odd article denying anything at all. He will either go to the new team on massive dollars or stay at Storm and share the field with Grant on a supposed 600k deal and get paid under the table with the full knowledge of the NRL.

If you haven't gathered already I'm over him and players like him.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He will hold off until the new Brissie team is announced to see if he will get a million dollar door knock. Continue to act like a smug fukwit and make heaps of leading comments cock teasing teams he has no interest in joining. He will then continue with the odd article denying anything at all. He will either go to the new team on massive dollars or stay at Storm and share the field with Grant on a supposed 600k deal and get paid under the table with the full knowledge of the NRL.

Yeah but wouldn't you do the same!
They all play the game his price keeps going up by keep playing the media.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

100 percent brother! Time to move on from the hectik cocktease.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah but wouldn't you do the same!
They all play the game his price keeps going up by keep playing the media.
Yes I would look for the best money and the best place for me to be. I wouldn't act the way he has though.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don’t think he can legally do anything till November as far as signing else where?

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t think he can legally do anything till November as far as signing else where?
Heeee cannnnn if Melbourne have received a request from smith saying he wants to go a year early… it’s literally the same principle as a club telling a player to look elsewhere one year or two years before…

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will hold off until the new Brissie team is announced to see if he will get a million dollar door knock.
The only problem with this is Old mate Skelator doesn’t think any forward is worth that sort of money..

With Bellamy confirmed at Melbourne I can’t see Paul Green or anyone else beating Wayne for the job

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Odds must be very slim that Bennett won't be recruiting (at least) for the new Brisbane team, if not the inaugural coach, or Coaching Director/Head of Football.

Somehow or another, he will probably be involved....a new Brisbane club would be crazy not to get him on board :grinning:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Odds must be very slim that Bennett won't be recruiting (at least) for the new Brisbane team, if not the inaugural coach, or Coaching Director/Head of Football.

Somehow or another, he will probably be involved....a new Brisbane club would be crazy not to get him on board :grinning:
Bennett won’t be able to resist sticking it to the Donkeys, so much that he’d probably do it for free.

Always a Bullldog