Rumour Brandon smith done deal

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sleepy did say at seasons end.
If he was passing on what he was told he has nothing to defend or explain until it’s actually at the seasons end.

Stop calling for him. Might scare the bloke off.
Just appreciate the info for what it is. Info at that point in time.

Lots of things change quickly so time will tell if he is right.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sleepy did say at seasons end.
If he was passing on what he was told he has nothing to defend or explain until it’s actually at the seasons end.

Stop calling for him. Might scare the bloke off.
Just appreciate the info for what it is. Info at that point in time.

Lots of things change quickly so time will tell if he is right.
Anyone questioning sleepy at this point in time.
Need to give themselves an uppercut.
Sleepy is one of few on here that have been on point with his info.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that's true lol
That’s because every time he appears everyone hammers him and challenges him about his mail. His inbox was completely full.
He has been bang on in the past.
If we leave him alone he might continue to give.
He is a little bit like a wild animal at the moment.
If you throw rocks at it they won’t come back.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That’s because every time he appears everyone hammers him and challenges him about his mail. His inbox was completely full.
He has been bang on in the past.
If we leave him alone he might continue to give.
He is a little bit like a wild animal at the moment.
If you throw rocks at it they won’t come back.
People take it way too seriously, he hasn't always been right but has probably been the most reliable in recent history on here. I still don't expect Smith be here next season, everything I've heard has said it isn't happening.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People take it way too seriously, he hasn't always been right but has probably been the most reliable in recent history on here. I still don't expect Smith be here next season, everything I've heard has said it isn't happening.
It’s happening man

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was one of my favourites & then he went on the Rebel tours to SA. Played 1 test in the first series & got a ton & was second in the averages on the 2nd tour. Must be something in the name. He was dicked around by the selectors.
Yeah I was a fan of his . He was
Probably just hitting his peak form during those rebel tours. We never got to see the best of him in the Australian team unfortunately . And your right he didn’t get the respect he should of from the selectors

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Im officially pulling my involvement on this one.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If his mind genuinely hasn't been made up yet, I think it will be a lot easier for Cheese to leave the Storm if the win the Premiership this year.

If they win it without Cam smith then Cheese can feel that he's done his bit to give back to the club he thinks he owes - he wont owe them anything if he can help do this.

We all know that if he stays with the Storm, it would most likely be a 20% discounted contract on what is on offer elsewhere.
So for example it would be like-

Another club offering $850k for 4 years
Storm Offering $680k for 4 years (although I think it would only be an extra 3 after 2022) I cant see Storm offering more than that.

The difference would be $170k over 4 years for a total of $680k

The difference = $680k which would be equivalent to Brandon forgoing the income for a whole extra season.

I got no clue what he will do, but one thing I know I'll be doing will be cheering on the Storm in the 2021 Finals.

GO STORM!!!

(Gee's I never thought I'd be doing that)

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Only thing there I don’t think you covered is tax.

That’s huge.

Though still I tend to agree.

If they lose he might feel he needs to hang about.

If they win he might feel they won again and he can go try commanding the 9 full time while being paid far more likely longer years and grant will still be dominate as ever and develop more with others getting their chance.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
If his mind genuinely hasn't been made up yet, I think it will be a lot easier for Cheese to leave the Storm if the win the Premiership this year.

If the win it without Cam smith then Cheese can feel that he's done his bit to give back to the club he thinks he owes - he wont owe them anything if he can help do this.

We all know that if he stays with the Storm, it would most likely be a 20% discounted contract on what is on offer elsewhere.
So for example it would be like-

Another club offering $850k for 4 years
Storm Offering $680k for 4 years (although I think it would only be an extra 3 after 2022) I cant see Storm offering more than that.

The difference would be $170k over 4 years for a total of $680k

The difference = $680k which would be equivalent to Brandon forgoing the income for a whole extra season.

I got no clue what he will do, but one I know I be doing & that will be cheering on the Storm in the 2021 Finals.

GO STORM!!!

(Gee's I never thought I'd be doing that)
I liked the fact that you felt the need to elaborate on the 20% :tearsofjoy:
is this a reflection on your opinion of kennelers?