Rumour Brandon smith done deal

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brandon stated that IF he was to leave the Storm his preference was always QLD as both Brandon and his partners family reside in the sunshine state plus both the Titans and Cowboys have publicly stated they’d accomodate him. I’d say even the Broncos would find a way to fit him into their roster if he was serious about leaving the Storm.
outside of QLD the Bulldogs would be competing with the Roosters.. need I say more.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well if that's the path the Storm go down (Smith starting, Grant playing ~50-60 minutes off the bench) when Grant starts receiving offers towards the 1m mark I really don't see how he can turn that down when the Storm are paying him good hooker money off the bench but nowhere near that (and Smith good money as well, at least 700k to be competitive with rivals). If they want to both play hooker it's still either one or the other can stay at the Storm imo. I still think Grant's going to be the best hooker in the NRL (can probably still say he is) but Smith was the best hooker 21.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well if that's the path the Storm go down (Smith starting, Grant playing ~50-60 minutes off the bench) when Grant starts receiving offers towards the 1m mark I really don't see how he can turn that down when the Storm are paying him good hooker money off the bench but nowhere near that (and Smith good money as well, at least 700k to be competitive with rivals). If they want to both play hooker it's still either one or the other can stay at the Storm imo. I still think Grant's going to be the best hooker in the NRL (can probably still say he is) but Smith was the best hooker 21.
Fafita is on 1.2 and has been playing off the bench, so I guess its possible.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
for 22 or 23? we'll make the 8 next year if we have Brandon Smith. The signing of Brandon Smith would be the biggest signing since I've been supporting the club (considering where we're right now, I'd say we're close to the worst of worst teams ever assembled). He's the only player "available" that I'm confident in that'll transform and revitalise the roster/club.
I got to think Burton is the biggest signing we have made in many many years. This kid will be something special. Hes already accelerated his development in 12 months and hoping the Panthers run deep into the finals for experience before he joins us.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I originally was hoping to get Burton this year, but seeing how the year panned out, it looks a blessing in disguise that he stayed a developed with Penrith. He is coming to the Dogs a better player, plus it emphasises Penriths mistake of choosing Luai over Burton.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If Storm keep both players who each can command anywhere above 800k being low ball and share a position then what further evidence do people need that they receive special treatment from the NRL to keep the Victorian franchise not only alive but highly successful................

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Storm keep both players who each can command anywhere above 800k being low ball and share a position then what further evidence do people need that they receive special treatment from the NRL to keep the Victorian franchise not only alive but highly successful................
Plus a recently upgraded Hughes, Munster on $1mil and recently upgraded Papenhuyzen. How do you have 5 players on 800 plus? There’s no way both Smith and Grant stay.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got to think Burton is the biggest signing we have made in many many years. This kid will be something special. Hes already accelerated his development in 12 months and hoping the Panthers run deep into the finals for experience before he joins us.
Agree he has the potential to be the biggest signing we have made in years. My fear is the lack of a solid foil for him at 7. He is going to have to do it all himself. Thus making him a lot less effective.

None of our options for 7 are organisers. BBO looks like the only one that plays naturally with eyes up football. I feel He needs a season at 14 to develop. Also none of them have a good enough kicking game for an NRL half.

This lack of game management support for Burton could severely dampen his effectiveness.

I hope this can be fixed because he is a superstar in the making.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
B Smith is playing a cool game saying that he doesn't know what he will do.

I think he stays at the Storm its not all about the money.. he loves playing for the Storm better system,loves the coach good mates.
He came from nothing money isnt everything to him he said this in an interview.