Brandon Smith contract news: Storm grants star early release

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bandon Smith is a massive alco and id be worried if we recruited him.
Alco made some very fine locomotives over their time. They started out as the Rogers Locomotive Company in New York. The diesel destroying "Niagaras" of the New York Central, and "Big Boys" of the Union Pacific are outstanding examples of their work.

If Smith is similar, he'll be a great player.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s all that train
Alco made some very fine locomotives over their time. They started out as the Rogers Locomotive Company in New York. The diesel destroying "Niagaras" of the New York Central, and "Big Boys" of the Union Pacific are outstanding examples of their work.

Its all that training he does

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
C. Smith playing on doesn't affect B. Smith. If C. Smith plays on B. Smith continues his forward role off the bench. If C. Smith retires or goes to the Titans, Grant is hooker and B. Smith is still playing a forward role off the bench.

We should/could of used Reimis as a trade for JAC or B. Smith. I'm going to back the club that they've done this because if they didn't that's very silly, I don't really care for the reasons.
I disagree.
IMO I don't think the Storm would carry 2 small forwards on the bench behind Cam Smith in Harry Grant & B.Smith & I think we all agree that Grant has jumped the que & is now ahead of B.Smith in Melbourne's pecking order. Harry would have to take that floating forward role off the bench.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

So you would choo choo choose to sign him?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I disagree.
IMO I don't think the Storm would carry 2 small forwards on the bench behind Cam Smith in Harry Grant & B.Smith & I think we all agree that Grant has jumped the que & is now ahead of B.Smith in Melbourne's pecking order. Harry would have to take that floating forward role off the bench.
Grant wouldn't make the 17 if C. Smith played on. It'd be C. Smith/B. Smith which is what they've gone with for the last 2 years. That's also part of the reason why Grant was loaned out this year (if C. Smith plays on they lose Grant). C. Smith plays 80 minutes and B. Smith is better off the bench due to his versatility and playstyle. C. Smith won't be at the Storm next year and he's already hinted as much.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You don’t rate b.smith but rate other shit ***** higher than him please stop bro.. LOL
Please provide the quote where I have mentioned Hetherington let alone said anything negative about him?

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grant wouldn't make the 17 if C. Smith played on. It'd be C. Smith/B. Smith which is what they've gone with for the last 2 years. That's also part of the reason why Grant was loaned out this year (if C. Smith plays on they lose Grant). C. Smith plays 80 minutes and B. Smith is better off the bench due to his versatility and playstyle. C. Smith won't be at the Storm next year and he's already hinted as much.
That's cool, you got your opinion and so do I so we will agree to disagree. I just think that after his breakout season, Grant will not be left out of the 17 again - the guy is a star and my scenario was based on "IF" Cameron Smith goes around again for the Storm, admittedly that's a BIG IF.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brady, honestly I enjoy your views and opinions BUT that is the dumbest thing ever. Grant wouldn't make the Storm 17 if Cam Smith plays on? LOLLLL Grant would make any NRL teams 17. He will also hold down the QLD #9 position for the next decade.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brady, honestly I enjoy your views and opinions BUT that is the dumbest thing ever. Grant wouldn't make the Storm 17 if Cam Smith plays on? LOLLLL Grant would make any NRL teams 17. He will also hold down the QLD #9 position for the next decade.r
Agree with this 100%. I like and want the Cheese at Belmore but if we had to pick Brandon or Harry it would be Harry all day long. He will own the Qld and Australian 9 as long as he keeps playing the way he is. Scary thing is I reckon he has plenty of improvement left..

But Harry is not an option so "COME ON DOWN MR CHEESE"...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree with this 100%. I like and want the Cheese at Belmore but if we had to pick Brandon or Harry it would be Harry all day long. He will own the Qld and Australian 9 as long as he keeps playing the way he is. Scary thing is I reckon he has plenty of improvement left..

But Harry is not an option so "COME ON DOWN MR CHEESE"...
People think I'm Anti-Cheese, I'm not. I just think he isn't the be-all and end-all like a lot of people are carrying on with. He is a tough bastard with personality and there's so much to like about him. We should also be aware of his history and "habits" that's all I'm saying. I clearly wouldn't be upset if we signed him up and believe he would add a lot to the team.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People think I'm Anti-Cheese, I'm not. I just think he isn't the be-all and end-all like a lot of people are carrying on with. He is a tough bastard with personality and there's so much to like about him. We should also be aware of his history and "habits" that's all I'm saying. I clearly wouldn't be upset if we signed him up and believe he would add a lot to the team.
Yeah I was just taking the piss with the Vegan stuff. :tearsofjoy: My first choice would always be Harry, but Brandon is a realistic target for our recruitment to improve our 9 by miles. Even if it was only for a couple of years while we develop our own Harry, and then Brandon can go into the back row. He does have that factor about him where blokes want to play footy with him and you can just imagine him winding up Thompson, Hetherington and even Elliot or RFM.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I was just taking the piss with the Vegan stuff. :tearsofjoy: My first choice would always be Harry, but Brandon is a realistic target for our recruitment to improve our 9 by miles. Even if it was only for a couple of years while we develop our own Harry, and then Brandon can go into the back row. He does have that factor about him where blokes want to play footy with him and you can just imagine him winding up Thompson, Hetherington and even Elliot or RFM.
I know you were bro. I didn't take offence. I like your posts and respect your opinions.