Brandon Smith contract news: Storm grants star early release

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I heard that Brandon Smith is eyeing the Roosters. Jake Friend won’t be around in 2022 and the Roosters might target him. I can’t see the Dogs being an option.
Good hope the chooks get him and we steal Verills

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If B. Smith joins the doggies hold it against me. I'm not scared making that prediction. I know Koroisau was the buy of the year this year. B. Smith will have the same affect on us. If I was to pick one or the other I'd be picking B. Smith, both are great. You're also wrong about B. Smith not being able to compete for 80 minutes, he'll compete for 90 minutes in a 80 minute game.
Smith is an effort player. Koriosau is all class and has way better vision / playmaking ability

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Few different people on Facebook said they've been told from their sources that we have signed a hooker for 22. Didn't mention a name or a club though.
I hope it’s not Cameron Smith he might be the best cheat in the game and have wrestling skills to match hulk hogan. But he’s a grub and I’d hate him at the dogs

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope it’s not Cameron Smith he might be the best cheat in the game and have wrestling skills to match hulk hogan. But he’s a grub and I’d hate him at the dogs
I think it’s more a stop gap, it’s not like we have been top 4
And he can win us a comp like Cronk to the Roosters

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it’s more a stop gap, it’s not like we have been top 4
And he can win us a comp like Cronk to the Roosters
I just thought of him in a Bulldogs jersey, I felt dirty and had to shower immediately.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I won’t be upset if the Dogs do get him but I certainly won’t lose any sleep if we missed out on him either.
as a hooker he wouldn’t be top 5
Cook
Grant
Koroisau
Friend
Verills
McIness
Mahoney
Radley

All ahead of him and there’s probably more names I haven’t mentioned.
Gee wizz Josh Hodgson doesn't even get a mention?

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey @2144superman, are you Vegan? What have you got against the Cheese?

It may not be 2004, 1994 or even 1984 but I can promise you if “Bullfrog” (insert heavenly music with harps and violins) was still around, Brandon Smith would be a Bulldog.

Who gives a shit if he is a bit loose and loves a drink or a party. If a bloke can set the world on fire but still turn up and do his job 100% the way he does, I say hire him.

He is an absolute unit and would look sensational in our strip.
He also thinks hetherington is shit BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA he has no clue

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey @2144superman, are you Vegan? What have you got against the Cheese?

It may not be 2004, 1994 or even 1984 but I can promise you if “Bullfrog” (insert heavenly music with harps and violins) was still around, Brandon Smith would be a Bulldog.

Who gives a shit if he is a bit loose and loves a drink or a party. If a bloke can set the world on fire but still turn up and do his job 100% the way he does, I say hire him.

He is an absolute unit and would look sensational in our strip.
ahhhh the Bullfrog reference lol ...

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah sounds pretty accurate, I like him as a player, but comes with some issues.
What issues? He partied after a GF, just like Munster did... I haven't heard of any issues... what have I missed?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What issues? He partied after a GF, just like Munster did... I haven't heard of any issues... what have I missed?
B. Smith was a bit of a rat bag and had a few issues which had him in and out of trouble with the police when he was 16. That's apparently enough to put a line through him even tho he's now 24 and been through one of the best/most disciplined systems in the NRL for 4 years.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How ridiculous there are NO behavioural issues i reckon his g.f interview was great because it was so raw and loose..and the fact he was going to piss on for maybe 3 days and told everyone so go hard champ and fuck the p.c crowd.
We want passion like he has..we need it goddamit.

agree with the poster about Cam Smith he can piss off to the Titans i dislike him greatly and dont gaf how great a player he has been, we dont need pricks like him at the Dogs..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Few different people on Facebook said they've been told from their sources that we have signed a hooker for 22. Didn't mention a name or a club though.
Wasn't the word going around that we have signed a hooker from Melbourne like over a month ago..