• 701k-800k

Votes: 61 37.4%
  • 801k +

Votes: 31 19.0%

• Total voters

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheese has us over a barrel, him and his manager know it.

We're going to have to offer him atleast 800k starting offer. We have to do it so stop fukin around and just do it.
Absolutely right mate. He has all the leverage in this negotiation and he knows it. There is nobody else we can get for 22 so he and his manager are milking it for all it's worth. Can't really blame him because 99% of people, myself included, would do the same thing in his situation

As long as we eventually get him I'll be happy. If we have to go through all this crap and we still miss out on him it'll be one giant kick in the nuts....especially if we then have to keep JMK or Kotoa

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes. Realistically probably 100-200k overs. To us it’s worth it that’s how bad we need a 9. Bloke is quality and there is no fucking one else close. He’s 24. Get him and lock in a future with him burton and I’d be happy with Dwz going and dufty in
We need the Cheese, Dufty and throw in Sua as well.

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am still hoping it’s something that is done and not announced. I think more desperate hope than reality though.

Even a swap with DWZ to Melbourne with them picking up even half his wage. Add Dufty to the mix and we are a decent Middle forward away from a competitive team.
But why not announce it? Cheese would surely be the bait to lure others into the trap.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
But why not announce it? Cheese would surely be the bait to lure others into the trap.
Yeh no way we have him yet and not announced unless the storm
Demanded its Not Done till after finals.

When you mention it the extra 100/200k
Overs for Brandon is fucking totally worth it for us. Burton Brandon Jac and naden address some serious issues. It would be a decent squad that should fight for the 8. Still lacks
Some forwards but that would be much more attracting to others with Thompson topine jacko rfm and even guys like hetho off the bench.

We just have to cop up and find a way to make Storm Happy. If we weren’t such flogs we would of sorted This with remis.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

Overs for Brandon is fucking totally worth it for us. Burton Brandon Jac and naden address some serious issues. It would be a decent squad that should fight for the 8. Still lacks
Some forwards but that would be much more attracting to others with Thompson topine jacko rfm and even guys like hetho off the bench.

We just have to cop up and find a way to make Storm Happy. If we weren’t such flogs we would of sorted This with remis.
Yep for me even with JAC and Burton next year we are struggling (if we are watching JMK or Katoa at #9). Add Cheese in that vital role is the difference with near 8 aspirations and another year of no hope. Is that scenario worth an extra 100 - 150k on cheese, I think yes.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Yep if we can get Smith everything else will take care of itself. No way we should miss out on him over $100-200k. Just get it done already. Also if the rumours about S. Johnson are true that might help get him over (and potentially play for less) as they are both kiwis and would want to play together or at least know that when they come, they are coming to a club with a great 6, 7 & 9 ready to go for 2022.

Even if the rumours are true about DWZ and BJ, i'd be happy. Both are prone to brain explosions but we need depth in the centres and at his best BJ is a tackle busting bull.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you really think about it the cheese really is worth every cent now and even worth the overs considering his media popularity.. what he will add to the marketing side of things outweighs the footballing ability in my opinion .

JAC, Burton and Smith will be massive for sponsorships, recruitment and all that comes with footy..

I'm all in and the club should be too..

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He was wearing a blue and white jacket on the Fox’s insta story yesterday… maybe a good sh*t stir who knows.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He was wearing a blue and white jacket on the Fox’s insta story yesterday… maybe a good sh*t stir who knows.
Taking a leaf outa the CRona playbook? Tease :grinning:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like most I really hope we get the cheese, if not next year at least the year after.

I seem to remember when Cameron Smith held out on announcing his retirement until earlier this year it probably had something to do with not wanting to lose the cheese to another club as the cheese had been reported as saying that if Cam Smith had stayed on and Grant was coming back he’d look to other opportunities to play first grade at another club. That’s when he was being touted as a strong chance of coming to us. But now that Cam has retired and Bellamy is most likely staying on for another year at the Storm he’ll most likely staying on at the Storm for one more year.

I’d be happy to see Katoa moved as he’s been embarrassing for us, especially defensively. So let’s stick with JMK, Deitz and Topine (he’ll only get better with experience) in that role for another year in the hope we go all out for the cheese the year after. I’m not as harsh as some on here re JMK. OK he’s no B Smith but he’s been good, not great, for us in the time he’s been with us. He can play more than one position and he did say during the week he’s itching to get back there this week as he’s playing for a contract. I respect that and hope he can help us turn things around against the Saints.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read in one of the papers that the Rorters may now be an option for B.Smith. If that's true, we can shut the door on this fantasy because the Rorters will pay him $200K on the cap and the rest in the infamous sombreros. They also have a billion rep players they can swap for him

The OP said a 2-4 week announcement on May 22 so let's see if we get some news this week because if we have to compete with the Rorters or the new Brisbane franchise I think we're screwed

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read in one of the papers that the Rorters may now be an option for B.Smith. If that's true, we can shut the door on this fantasy because the Rorters will pay him $200K on the cap and the rest in the infamous sombreros. They also have a billion rep players they can swap for him

The OP said a 2-4 week announcement on May 22 so let's see if we get some news this week because if we have to compete with the Rorters or the new Brisbane franchise I think we're screwed
They do have Verills though. You would think if he was going to leave for another hooker spot he wouldn’t want to compete for it otherwise he would just stay at Storm.
I hope we hear some signing news soon though. Be a good week post a win to double down with some good news

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score

who is the OP?