• 701k-800k

Votes: 61 37.4%
  • 801k +

Votes: 31 19.0%

• Total voters

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I want him at Belmore bad but fmd man 900k? That’s Dally M Hooker of the Year type money. This blokes really starting to piss me off.
He may be the best option on the market to cover our hooker problem and I want what is best for our team, God knows he would add a lot to our team overall....but seriously the way he carries on the guy is an ass clown.

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
STORM

Smith confirmed to stay at Storm and Bellamy expected to remain coach

Author
Todd Balym

Fri 28 May 2021, 05:01 PM

Brandon Smith has shut the door on any potential early release from Melbourne next year declaring he will be a Storm player and expects Craig Bellamy to be coaching the club in 2022.

While Smith had been linked with a move to Canterbury, Gold Coast or even Brisbane next season as he battles with Queensland hooker Harry Grant for the Storm No.9 jersey permanently, the 24-year-old Kiwi Test star said he was committed to seeing out the final year of his deal in Melbourne and he would not seek an early release.

The Storm had put a hefty price on Smith’s early exit, wanting any potential suitors to supply Melbourne with a rep player of similar value to allow him to leave next season.

But Smith is fully content playing another year “sharing” the job with good mate Grant.

“I will be at the Melbourne Storm next year 100 per cent,” Smith said.

“I can’t leave that contract and I’ve spoken to Frank (football boss Frank Ponissi) about it and my contract is solid for next year.

“I will be here next year so that’s my future.

“If [any club is] going to make an enquiry it’s for 2023.”

Bellamy has remained coy about his future plans, but Smith said he was confident the master coach would go another season in charge of the Storm.

“Yeah I think he will be [Storm coach next year], I don’t know if he will be but I think he will be,” Smith said.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roger the Alien seems to be the only one confident that we'll still get him. So I'm hanging for dear life on that piece of thread lol
and the OP @Stevche Kat
His signing was supposed to be announced in a 2-4 week window, which I think we're still in, so I still have a glimmer of hope
We bloody need it because its all been bad news for the last few weeks

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yes. Realistically probably 100-200k overs. To us it’s worth it that’s how bad we need a 9. Bloke is quality and there is no fucking one else close. He’s 24. Get him and lock in a future with him burton and I’d be happy with Dwz going and dufty in

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes. I think he's the only signing we could realistically make to have a real good shot at making the 8 next year.

I still think the problem is the player swap. I think if we sign him it'd be for 700-800k. At this point I'm hoping it's already done and just not announced. I feel like this is something you do asap.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. I think he's the only signing we could realistically make to have a real good shot at making the 8 next year.

I still think the problem is the player swap. I think if we sign him it'd be for 700-800k. At this point I'm hoping it's already done and just not announced. I feel like this is something you do asap.
I am still hoping it’s something that is done and not announced. I think more desperate hope than reality though.

Even a swap with DWZ to Melbourne with them picking up even half his wage. Add Dufty to the mix and we are a decent Middle forward away from a competitive team.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am still hoping it’s something that is done and not announced. I think more desperate hope than reality though.

Even a swap with DWZ to Melbourne with them picking up even half his wage. Add Dufty to the mix and we are a decent Middle forward away from a competitive team.
Maybe Barrett told him to say that he’s staying at storm so our players don’t get depressed and give up knowing they aren’t being re signed

Itziby

Waterboy
Reaction score
I bumped into the fox today , I asked him about the cheese if he reckons he will come to the dogs , he said his trying a lot to bring him but the bulldogs aren’t paying too much for him his asking for more but he goes his always in his ear to bring him with him

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I bumped into the fox today , I asked him about the cheese if he reckons he will come to the dogs , he said his trying a lot to bring him but the bulldogs aren’t paying too much for him his asking for more but he goes his always in his ear to bring him with him
I'm not saying you're a liar, but I think it's pretty ordinary for the Fox to go into that much detail saying "the Bulldogs aren't paying too much for him" unless you were very good mates with him.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the fox did say a while back for his own playing future he would be a bulldog on video with some security guard ...so who knows

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely when talking to Smith all you have to do is compare where he is living (East Berlin) to the freedoms of Sydney & that would make him come over. Melbourne are going to have lockdowns for the next 10 years with their Government. Now all they are allowed to do to escape is to be in a sporting team & even then in a hub situation.

Come on Smithy! We will give you political asylum when you escape camp!

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
It seems we are trying to free cap to sign him hence why we are trying to flick dwz

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we want to persuade the Cheese to Belmore, its not just the money.....

We need two 1st class props....every hooker wants big men who go forward and never back out or down
Cough, cough…Marty…cough, cough…Bunty…cough, cough