Votes: 61 37.4%
  • 801k +

Votes: 31 19.0%

• Total voters

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't know but for the life of me I thought he was on 550k.
I know... I’m thinking the only way he would be was if we needed to spend the salary cap money and couldn’t sign anyone decent. At that time we were really struggling to attract talent.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know... I’m thinking the only way he would be was if we needed to spend the salary cap money and couldn’t sign anyone decent. At that time we were really struggling to attract talent.
But still winning more games than now

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Let’s not pretend Smith at 800k is crazy.

900k might be that 100k it takes to get him here so
Fucking be it.

We wanted burton and Jac this year. We had money from Tolman and Foran and the other overpaid
Flops montoya and holland. All reports is those 4 alone had Foran 1-1.2 (backend shit) tolman was overpaid as Fick by Des and his love child I heard 600-700k. We had holland on 400k ffs. Montoya wasn’t far off it.

Sure we spent on cotric. The rest be not even close. Then we release remis.

We wanted burton early. Jac early. We have $ now and got nothing.

Outside of Napa and hoppa who both on way Fucking overs.

we have a bunch of overpaid flops
Off contract. Lewis jmk britt smith Crichton. Most these blokes on double their worth ffs (bare minimum).

Naden would be fuck all. We could easily afford smith and a decent forward (hoping someone like taupau) We need to get it done.

Fuck Dwz has 1 more year. If he really is 800-880k whatever let him go to tigers. Rather pay him 300k to play their for his final year to us and sign dufty.

If he is on 550k like some claim let tigers take him.

Sign dufty…

Fuck about and keep Katoa and jmk. Run out with this shit again.

Lucky we aren’t a real bulldog. If we where we would of been put out of this misery of an existence like all animals that suffer this long.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Let’s not pretend Smith at 800k is crazy.

900k might be that 100k it takes to get him here so
Fucking be it.

We wanted burton and Jac this year. We had money from Tolman and Foran and the other overpaid
Flops montoya and holland. All reports is those 4 alone had Foran 1-1.2 (backend shit) tolman was overpaid as Fick by Des and his love child I heard 600-700k. We had holland on 400k ffs. Montoya wasn’t far off it.

Sure we spent on cotric. The rest be not even close. Then we release remis.

We wanted burton early. Jac early. We have $ now and got nothing.

Outside of Napa and hoppa who both on way Fucking overs.

we have a bunch of overpaid flops
Off contract. Lewis jmk britt smith Crichton. Most these blokes on double their worth ffs (bare minimum).

Naden would be fuck all. We could easily afford smith and a decent forward (hoping someone like taupau) We need to get it done.

Fuck Dwz has 1 more year. If he really is 800-880k whatever let him go to tigers. Rather pay him 300k to play their for his final year to us and sign dufty.

If he is on 550k like some claim let tigers take him.

Sign dufty…

Fuck about and keep Katoa and jmk. Run out with this shit again.

Lucky we aren’t a real bulldog. If we where we would of been put out of this misery of an existence like all animals that suffer this long.
We're at at least 95% of our salary cap currently with the squad we have. We can only spend what we have coming off contract - (minus) who we've already signed (JAC, Burton and Naden). We don't have a lot a lot, but enough for Smith and a quality prop at least.

On DWZ, 1 year ago the DT reported he was on 550k on their top 100 NRL players rich list, they're now saying he's on 880k, it's BS.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good after match interview from the cheese .. speaks well to, we need another kiwi signing too!!

“I’m only 21 for any club who wants to sign me, nah I’m good to stay with the storm” i :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you do sign language for that? Obviously I missed it, what did it look.like ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Cheese 900K a season IF he signs for 3 years NOW. Just played a whale of a game according to reports.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We're at at least 95% of our salary cap currently with the squad we have. We can only spend what we have coming off contract - (minus) who we've already signed (JAC, Burton and Naden). We don't have a lot a lot, but enough for Smith and a quality prop at least.

On DWZ, 1 year ago the DT reported he was on 550k on their top 100 NRL players rich list, they're now saying he's on 880k, it's BS.
Spin shit with your comments however you want. We have been quoted and clearly kept spots open trying to make it happen. It didn’t happen. Do we make a late signing soon? Do we front load contracts? Time will tell. Though clearly we had the ability to take burton on NOW from money from the Foran and tolman and montoya and holland $.

Key to this is one thing. Nothing to do with what’s off contract in hoppa Napa meaney Crichton Lewis jmk smith britt and whoever the Fick else overpaid.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s just focus on our juniors and develop. Even if it takes another 3 or 5 years to be competitive it will pay off! Get back to who we used to be ! Bred not bought!!
Every team is trying to do the same though. We can't even get the best juniors or the best coaches. It's a competition to get the best juniors just as it is the best senior players. Best juniors all want to go the most successful NRL teams of course as that's where the stars are they look up to and that's where they believe they will get the best training / career prospects and they're right. We'd also miraculously have to find much better talent scouts than the other 15 NRL teams.

Remember Reni Maitua, Anasta, SBW, Asotasi, Thurston weren't exactly "local" juniors.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Spin shit with your comments however you want. We have been quoted and clearly kept spots open trying to make it happen. It didn’t happen. Do we make a late signing soon? Do we front load contracts? Time will tell. Though clearly we had the ability to take burton on NOW from money from the Foran and tolman and montoya and holland $.

Key to this is one thing. Nothing to do with what’s off contract in hoppa Napa meaney Crichton Lewis jmk smith britt and whoever the Fick else overpaid.
The max amount you can take into the season is 5% of your salary cap, which is about 500k (on the old salary cap, the players took a pay cut across the board, but all the %'s are relative). That's a fact. That means the roster we have now is 95% of our salary cap. I'm not spinning anything. We can't have anymore than that + what we have coming off contract (some will be re-signed, some promoted on minimum wage) - what we've already spent for 2022. Our problem is a lot of players that should be on minimum wage or very close to it are on x2, x3, etc. that amount.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Yeah frontload the cheese dont frontload average players already on overs

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The max amount you can take into the season is 5% of your salary cap, which is about 500k (on the old salary cap, the players took a pay cut across the board, but all the %'s are relative). That's a fact. I'm not spinning anything. We can't have anymore than that + what we have coming off contract (some will be re-signed, some promoted on minimum wage) - what we've already spent for 2022.
Well done. So like I said we clearly have $ for burton now from last seasons departures…

Way to waste multiple posts in agreeing

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeah frontload the cheese dont frontload average players already on overs
Happy to frontload Thompson if we have to use the cap this year to help next year