Opinion Brad Arthur & DWZ

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
While watching the game last night it was pretty clear from early on that DWZ was a target, but I'm wondering if it was more than just a match tactic. Brown was especially obvious, and in the end he got him. I wonder if any of this has to do with the known fact that DWZ nearly went to the Eels, and only at the last minute came to the best club in the NRL instead. DWZ, true to the character we have seen from him, has been generous about Barthur. But it was pretty clear what was happening on the field from the get go, especially from Brown, hence the response from Jacko and the boys.

Am I reading too much into it suggesting that maybe Barthur dropped a few hints to a few players? If so, I reckon that Parra are going to end up on the slides. Players respect good tough play, and DWZ is respected as an international captain and tough but fair bloke. Will players, especially NZers, be all that keen to sign up with Parra if word gets around in clubland that Barthur ordered a hitjob because of sour grapes?

Finally huge props to DWZ for getting it done, we'll soon find out how much damage he has on his shoulder, and he was restricted after he came back on, but his presence has made the Dogs a much better defensive unit. Was he extra motivated to get out there and beat Parra because he knew he'd been deliberately targeted by Barthur?

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bellamy has been doing it for years. Look at the people Melb have hurt from his “legal” tactics

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just part of coaching. DWZ was obviously identified as a key player and targetted accordingly. For extra motivation BA probably told the players DWZ thinks Parra is not good enough to join and he's a Penrith boy.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's slousy but it's a tactic..should be with in the rules tho ....Baa anyone? ;)

That clip of Brown from 2013? ..wow a psycho maniac.