Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ha. I have a similar story.

Not long after I moved up here, my whole family (parents, sister, BIL and 2 young kids) came up to visit. I decided to stay at Mrs CDs (then just CD's new girlfriend) place during their stay so they had more room. One morning I came to the house to see that both of my TVs had massive scratches on them. The 2nd TV was an old Hisense, but the main one was abut 2 months old Sony that I had paid a bloody lot for. TVs still worked, but the scratch was unmissible.

My niece was too old to do something that stupid, so i pinned it on my nephew, was was 2 at the time. He must have found a stone in the garden and decided to see what pebble on LCD TV looked like. I still haven't forgiven him, and when he is an adult i plan on going to his place and fucking up his shit, to see how he likes it. Dammit.

Some numbers from the US re TVs falling on kids:

https://www.today.com/health/falling-tvs-send-child-er-every-30-minutes-6C10679996
My nephew is actually pretty good but it's funny that he managed to destroy 2 tvs while about 18 months old, then when he turned 6 he decided to clean his grandfather's TV and found out that spray and wipe isn't designed for use on TVs.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ha. I have a similar story.

Not long after I moved up here, my whole family (parents, sister, BIL and 2 young kids) came up to visit. I decided to stay at Mrs CDs (then just CD's new girlfriend) place during their stay so they had more room. One morning I came to the house to see that both of my TVs had massive scratches on them. The 2nd TV was an old Hisense, but the main one was abut 2 months old Sony that I had paid a bloody lot for. TVs still worked, but the scratch was unmissible.

My niece was too old to do something that stupid, so i pinned it on my nephew, was was 2 at the time. He must have found a stone in the garden and decided to see what pebble on LCD TV looked like. I still haven't forgiven him, and when he is an adult i plan on going to his place and fucking up his shit, to see how he likes it. Dammit.

Some numbers from the US re TVs falling on kids:

https://www.today.com/health/falling-tvs-send-child-er-every-30-minutes-6C10679996
Damn man, that's heavy, i knew it happened, but i didnt think it happened so often.

I need to do it ASAP

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Damn man, that's heavy, i knew it happened, but i didnt think it happened so often.

I need to do it ASAP
I think its not something to panic about. Some of my friends go a tad overboard on the whole child safety thing, others are totally lax :grinning:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Sounds good as long as you didn't pay for the 5 year warranty. That's a bit of a rip off.
I paid for the 5 year warranty but that's the best part. 3 x $20 gift vouchers every year ($60) for 5 years ($300) and this all cost us $350 so effectively we paid $50 for it. Plus we get a brand new tv if we bring in the remote control 3 times within the 5 year period - even for simple wear and tear.

Status
Not open for further replies.