Bought a new tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yeah another tv thread.

This is what I just got:

- TV (Samsung 65 inch, thin silver frame)
- Bluetooth Sound bar (originally we wanted a 2.1 speaker $449 one, but he gave us a brand new 3.1 one for $395)
- Free Delivery (tomorrow) - plus they give us a 1 hour window call meaning we can go out during the day plus enough time to get back home if we need to, meaning we don't waste a day waiting - very convenient
- 5 year extended warranty (bring in the remote up to 3 times for replacement, even if it's simply wear and tear, and if we bring it in the 3rd time, we get a completely new tv)
- 3 x $20 gift vouchers to be sent to us 3 times a year every 4 months (to be used within 6 days)

Total: $2920

I saw the exact tv in JB HI FI, they wanted $2496 for the tv, $599 for the sound bar plus $59 delivery fee.

I'm telling you people, go to The Goods Guys to get your stuff... they practically give it away. The bloke dropped the price 3 times while I was talking to him.

I still can't believe they'll replace the remote control for wear and tear... bloody hell that's good.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah another tv thread.

This is what I just got:

- Bluetooth Sound bar (originally we wanted a 2.1 speaker $449 one, but he gave us a brand new 3.1 one for $395)
- Free Delivery (tomorrow) - plus they give us a 1 hour window call meaning we can go out during the day plus enough time to get back home if we need to, meaning we don't waste a day waiting - very convenient
- 5 year extended warranty (bring in the remote up to 3 times for replacement, even if it's simply wear and tear, and if we bring it in the 3rd time, we get a completely new tv)
- 3 x $20 gift vouchers to be sent to us 3 times a year every 4 months (to be used within 6 days)

Total: $2920

I saw the exact tv in JB HI FI, they wanted $2496 for the tv, $599 for the sound bar plus $59 delivery fee.

I'm telling you people, go to The Goods Guys to get your stuff... they practically give it away. The bloke dropped the price 3 times while I was talking to him.

I still can't believe they'll replace the remote control for wear and tear... bloody hell that's good.
After 4 years you should get one of these things and put the remote under it! Lol!

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Doesn't matter how much you spend on TV's, they all have the same crap to watch.

So buy the cheapest.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Doesn't matter how much you spend on TV's, they all have the same crap to watch.

So buy the cheapest.
Don't you get it broette? It means we get to watch the crap in Ultra High Definition :D

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds good as long as you didn't pay for the 5 year warranty. That's a bit of a rip off.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah another tv thread.
This is what I just got:
Nice ... now blue_boost wants to know about your rental property :D

For that price I'm guessing Series ... 9? With OLED and HDR?

Not a fan (honestly) of Samsungs quality in recent times. Very hit and miss.

If the salesman told you that I hope it's written somewhere. Saying and actually claiming are two hugely different things (and it's normally handled by another underwriter).

My local one can go get fucked. I won't be buying from them after a recent incident. Other day I was in my nearest one, waited 45 minutes with 4 staff walking right past me as I'm waiting to find out about fans. Eventually got served and the bloke was that unenthusiastic, as if it was a chore him being there.

I decided on what ones I wanted and he says he needs to get stock from up the top (above where products are). Wanders off. About 20 minutes later he returns "I cant get the lift just yet.. warehouse guy is using it and if I'm honest he scares me and yells a lot.. he's in a mood today" (shit you not... word for word).

Wanders off again. 15 minutes later returns with the fans ($300 worth mind you). I ask if he can do any better on pricing and get "Sorry these were just on sale for $30 less so I can't do any better".

By this time its 5pm, store is shutting and half the staff have fucked off already like it's an evacuation drill.

Got my stuff and got out of there. I won't be going back. I would have walked if not for them being the only place that sells the brand/model I was after (in Sydney surrounds).

Wahesh

Reaction score
Nice ... now blue_boost wants to know about your rental property :D
Ask away @Blue_boost - you know what tv I got now brother. Apparently you can tell if I'm a pretender or not :D
For that price I'm guessing Series ... 9? With OLED and HDR?

Not a fan (honestly) of Samsungs quality in recent times. Very hit and miss.
It's the MU7000. It actually looks quite good and the display was very nice. It's pretty big. I think series 7?

If the salesman told you that I hope it's written somewhere. Saying and actually claiming are two hugely different things (and it's normally handled by another underwriter).
The salesman sold that to me, said that he himself has the same warranty. I kept on reiterating it to him throughout the sale. I think I did his head in with it :tearsofjoy:

My local one can go get fucked. I won't be buying from them after a recent incident. Other day I was in my nearest one, waited 45 minutes with 4 staff walking right past me as I'm waiting to find out about fans. Eventually got served and the bloke was that unenthusiastic, as if it was a chore him being there.

I decided on what ones I wanted and he says he needs to get stock from up the top (above where products are). Wanders off. About 20 minutes later he returns "I cant get the lift just yet.. warehouse guy is using it and if I'm honest he scares me and yells a lot.. he's in a mood today" (shit you not... word for word).

Wanders off again. 15 minutes later returns with the fans ($300 worth mind you). I ask if he can do any better on pricing and get "Sorry these were just on sale for $30 less so I can't do any better".

By this time its 5pm, store is shutting and half the staff have fucked off already like it's an evacuation drill.

Got my stuff and got out of there. I won't be going back. I would have walked if not for them being the only place that sells the brand/model I was after (in Sydney surrounds).
I went to the Bankstown one mate - highly recommended. Let's just say for a tv, it might be a while before I go back to JB.

The van just pulled up now :neutral:

Show time.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Ok so I'll set it up tonight, cbf right now, it's too hot lol.

The soundbar comes with a subwoofer, but I was too stupid I didn't even consider that. No problem though, subby goes on the floor to the side of the tv unit. It can also be controlled by the Samsung tv remote so thank goodness I'm not controlling 2 remotes.

Damn I couldn't take the old Sony Bravia off the tv unit on my own lol. It's not heavy, I can carry it on my own, but it was planked on the tv unit for a good 8 or so years that it almost felt super-glued to it lol. We haven't moved it off since we put it on there.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good Guys really are hit and miss. They're a bit shit at the Auburn store but the Erina store are great.

A lot of it comes down to the type of store it is. Generally Good guys are fine but with stores like Harvey Norman they have clearance stores. The main stores are fine but the clearance stores mark the prices up so if you have to ask for then to match the price in the catelogue or you end up paying over the full price.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Good Guys really are hit and miss. They're a bit shit at the Auburn store but the Erina store are great.

A lot of it comes down to the type of store it is. Generally Good guys are fine but with stores like Harvey Norman they have clearance stores. The main stores are fine but the clearance stores mark the prices up so if you have to ask for then to match the price in the catelogue or you end up paying over the full price.
This guy in Bankstown dropped the price 3 times.

First time, we asked what price he could do.
Second time, when he was entering it into the system.
Third time, when I showed him JB catalogue. I wasn't even expecting (or asking) for a price drop lol.

Ok because I have plans tonight I just set the thing up. It has a microphone button on the remote where you press it and say the channel number and it will change it. Damn it's good lol.

TV = setup
Sound bar = setup
My back = f****d lol.

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask away @Blue_boost - you know what tv I got now brother. Apparently you can tell if I'm a pretender or not

Show time.
Your alright..

There are some on here licking their lips at the current aldi catalogue. 75 inch bauhn tv for $1699 :grinning: i should wait in the aldi carpark and if i see anyone carry one out ill tell him what i think of him/her.. a disgraceful dispicable act.

Some people dont have an eye for quality. They just think 75 inch is better than 65 inch no matter what.. lol.

On another note I was at a mates house today and grabbed the remote of his lg tv. Checjed what batteries were in it. Duracell. The bloke is quality. If i saw those bunnings batteries you buy for 100 pack for $9.99 I would of started swinging at him

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Your alright..

There are some on here licking their lips at the current aldi catalogue. 75 inch bauhn tv for $1699 :grinning: i should wait in the aldi carpark and if i see anyone carry one out ill tell him what i think of him/her.. a disgraceful dispicable act.

Some people dont have an eye for quality. They just think 75 inch is better than 65 inch no matter what.. lol.

On another note I was at a mates house today and grabbed the remote of his lg tv. Checjed what batteries were in it. Duracell. The bloke is quality. If i saw those bunnings batteries you buy for 100 pack for $9.99 I would of started swinging at him
Is your mate fat?

Status
Not open for further replies.