News Bookies hand winless Dogs ultimate insult

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL we were bad but we weren't that fucking bad. How was than an embarassing loss? It's the same shit we've been dishing up for the last few years. This is what happens when you have the worst spine in the NRL

We'll jag a win somewhere, probably after Rd 11 when we can get rid of some of the plodders.

brockodore

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'll put a sneaky $50 on that. Every time I back the dogs lately they always seem to let me down so we should get a win if I do it

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I's just another way to take money from punters. We only need to win one game to wipe out the bets that anyone is foolish enough to place on us going through the season without a win.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$13 dollars is pretty juicy but talk about kicking a side while there down

Every side we play this year are going to be playing extra hard to keep us winless...I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of clubs pass the hat around and load up on this bet at $13

Last edited:

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the many cancers destroying the game the fucking punt il stick to crypto currency im only hurting the banksters that way

CHUCKYBOY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We won’t be winless..last few seasons we’ve managed to snag one always at the end of the season against teams heading into finals who tend to take their foot off but hopefully it’s not that far away
Yes this is it. I have mentioned before, the refs will let us play a fair game after they know we cannot threaten the top 8 towards the end of the season after they have sucked the life out of us. Has been happening for a few years now. Just to add insult to injury from the corrupt organisation.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone that puts money on that is a dumb ****.

Can't everyone see this is easy money for the betting agencies.

Once they have loaded up more and more with every loss, the betting agencies employees AKA refs, will orchestrate a win.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here, i dropped a lazy ten on it.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL odds 2021: Bookies make Canterbury Bulldogs $13 to go through season winless
It has been more than 50 years since an NRL team went winless — will the battling Bulldogs make unwanted history? The bookies think it’s a real chance.

As if the Jack Hetherington send off wasn’t a bad enough aftermath to the Bulldogs’ sixth straight defeat to start the season, now bookmakers have handed Trent Barrett’s team the ultimate insult.
The TAB has now listed Canterbury at $13 to go through this entire 2021 NRL season winless.

It comes on the back of another embarrassing performance in Townsville when the hapless Dogs crashed to an embarrassing 30-18 defeat to North Queensland.

In a performance that was also marred by Hetherington’s controversial dismissal, it continued the club’s worst start to a season in 57 long years.

But those proud and mighty days are now a distant memory and instead Canterbury are struggling to see a light at the end of what has been a very dark and miserable period of the club’s history.

A frustrated Barrett could only look on at times disgust as he sat on the sidelines at Queensland Country Bank Stadium and watched his team dish up another performance that for the most part just wasn’t up to NRL standard.

Reece Robson powers over the line for North Queensland.

Reece Robson powers over the line for North Queensland.
A TAB spokesman said of the chances of them going through the season without a win: “The Dogs have a tough few weeks ahead of them with the Sharks and Eels coming up while the Dragons and Raiders follow.

“Our market has them at $5 to get their first win this week, $7.50 against Parra and the Dragons.

“If they are winless through those games we have them at $8 to beat the Dragons in Round 14 — the last time they were single figure odds to win a game this season.”

Hetherington was on Monday awaiting the NRL’s match review committee charges after being sensationally marched for collaring Valentine Holmes with a careless high tackle midway through the second half.

There was a debate on Sunday night as to whether or not Hetherington’s high shot was worthy of a send off given some of the inconsistent punishments for other illegal tackles this season.

But regardless it was high and it was dangerous and it is likely to leave Hetherington on the sidelines when the Bulldogs face the Sharks on Saturday.

Canterbury could not break through against fellow battlers North Queensland.

Canterbury could not break through against fellow battlers North Queensland.
Although the Bulldogs fought back with two tries while down to 12 men it was simple too little too late, as they finished the round the only team without a win after six matches.

Hetherington has an awful judiciary record and missed four matches last year for a high tackle on Manly’s Martin Taupau while he was playing for the Warriors.

It’s the last thing Barrett would want to deal with as he struggles to find a way out of a world of rugby league hurt.

The Cowboys went into the round second last on the NRL ladder so Bulldogs fans are entitled to be wondering how this team will even get a win this season.

Jack Hetherington of the Bulldogs walks from the field after being sent off.

Jack Hetherington of the Bulldogs walks from the field after being sent off.
The Roosters were the last team to go winless through an entire season and that was all the way back in 1966.

Canterbury went winless from their opening seven games in 1964 before they scored a draw. Their first and only win that season was in round 14.

The Dogs now have the Sharks, Eels and Raiders in their next three games.

It must be taken into account that the Cowboys are playing without Michael Morgan and Jason Taumalolo.

Bulldogs fans have every right to be filthy.

Some of the silly schoolboy errors the players came up with were just embarrassing, while the lack of patience and ability to build pressure at vital times was horrendous.

Pretty much from a first set turnover after a clumsy mix up between Renouf Atoni and Jake Averillo it was obvious they were again going to struggle.

And there was a classic case in point of their lack of direction around the 50th minute when they were trailing 12-6 and had a set near the Cowboys line.

But after bumbling their way through the set with next to no direction it was left to Atoni to run the ball on the last play with Kyle Flanagan watching on as another opportunity amounted to nothing.

Barrett would have been furious with the performance of his halves.

To their credit the Bulldogs fired up after the Hetherington send off but they just couldn’t close the deal.

The fact of the matter is they don’t have the talent to match the better teams.

But surely their fans at least deserve better energy, intent and discipline for the full 80 minutes.
Put this article up on the wall, Trent. Ask the players do they really want to be part of this type of history? Are they the losers they think you are?

Try anything to get under their skin. They fired up for 25 minutes last week - build on it!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
$13 dollars is pretty juicy but talk about kicking a side while there down

Every side we play this year are going to be playing extra hard to keep us winless...I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of clubs pass the hat around and load up on this bet at $13
Can I have some of what your smoking "cheech" :laughing:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can guarentee if enough peenuts bet on this and there is a decent spread the dogs will get a miracle win it’s all to tender to betting agency’s sadly

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
“NRL odds 2021: Bookies make Canterbury Bulldogs $13 to go through season winless” .......... The new 6 again rules must of had a dramatic negative effect on the betting agencies. I know a majority of my family and friends have stopped betting on the games because they feel some end results are not justified. It is probably a desperate measure to bring some of these people back onboard!

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
So the thing is if I put a $50 on it we will win a few so should I?? I’ll do it for the Dogs.