Board Report Card

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The more you 3 "funny" guys drone on defending the board, the more you highlight the shortfalls and give others the opportunity to read about them lol
Who’s ‘defending’ Wendy?
More like pointing out your errors of articulating what their job actually is.
Anyway, I gotta go buy someone a birthday cake. I can assure you it WON’T be from
50C36578-0A8D-4940-8AD8-D259596F86DF.jpeg

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Now I’d go for dinner there!!
Just look at those buns!! :-).

Anyway have enjoyed all the angst of conversing with you 3 today. Just more of the usual.. exaggerate and play dumb with taunts and twisting posts.

I'll let you all go find some flies to pull wings off and no doubt expect a heartlessly cruel video production from Dinkuum Dog Productions of either myself or some other hapless supporter who dares to have the temerity to criticise or expect better of "the board".

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Anyway have enjoyed all the angst of conversing with you 3 today. Just more of the usual.. exaggerate and play dumb with taunts and twisting posts.

I'll let you all go find some flies to pull wings off and no doubt expect a heartlessly cruel video production from Dinkuum Dog Productions of either myself or some other hapless supporter who dares to have the temerity to criticise or expect better of "the board".
The last ferry to Victim’s Island is leaving Wendy, hurry along now, don’t miss it! :-).

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Your cameo in DD’s Hitler production was outstanding!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t care what happens as long as our junior pathways is producing first grade quality players

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Covid affected this. There were plans for two member forums this year, both shelved.

2. Why, because there’s no running commentary?

3. Definitely. Introduced new rules to ensure the cap disaster can’t happen again. Eg: Any player who has a salary adjustment of more than $100k/annum over the course of their contract must now go to the board. Previously this was a CEO decision and contributed to the club being asleep at the wheel.

4. This is questionable sure, especially with the dramas between the league and footy clubs. I sense some work to change the master/servant relationship has been done though to address this, just don’t see it yet.

5. Hard to measure.

6. Probably not given cap and coaching issues and on-field results. That starts to change from November hopefully. Staff wise don’t know but would’ve been a tough year with shut-down, JobKeeper and other issues.

7. According to Baz today there is one and he’s got no history or loyalty. Also why would be have taken the job if he didn’t buy the plan - just to be head coach again? Nah, he could’ve waited for the Steelers or another opportunity - he chose us.

8. Definitely. Averillo and Doorey are the first signs of that and the Mounties partnership should also help this.

9. Not until everyone is rowing in the same direction and we’re winning. Obviously not there yet.

So of course they don’t get 10/10 and no-one would ever suggest so. Things go wrong and change on the way. But the suggestion nothing has been done is just wrong. The next 12 months is the real test. If they fail I’ll have no issue seeing them replaced.
I hate it, I sound like a broken record...
They are the professionals who should have seen this coming but didn't, it should have been avoided,
All they needed to do was to take notice of where the previous board went wrong and act accordingly
The stupid extension of Pay's contract caused the terrible chain reaction that is now,
We should have had a new coach last year
As a result
We couldn't attract players from November last year for 2021
We become the lowest club with memberships
We lost corporate support
Our players lost TPAs
Nothing against Barrett, the question remains...will he succeed ?
Will we be able to sign needed marquee players or will we be forced to revert to desperation buying ?
I guess time will tell what the extent of the damage is !!!

Last edited:

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are the professionals who should have seen this coming but didn't, it should have been avoided,
All they needed to do is to take notice of where the previous board went wrong and act accordingly
The stupid extension of Pay's contract caused the terrible chain reaction that is now,
As a result
Our players lost TPAs
Will we be able to sign needed marquee players or will we be forced to revert to desperation buying ?
tenor (9).gif

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
All that they needed to do is to take notice of where the previous board went wrong and act accordingly
As a result
Our players lost TPAs
All good mate. I see the logic of the Pay extension at the time. Probably a bit of loyalty involved but everyone has 20/20 hindsight and no-one would’ve picked just how badly things have gone this year (I’m sure we’ll see some claims though :-)). We’ve actually retained most sponsors and obviously have a major backer now so all good there. Baz I’m sure has learned from his stint at Crookvale as head coach and has clearly contributed to the Pennies run this year. I didn’t even have them in my 8 this year! We’ll be OK - still 6 spots to firm up and they are talking to some players frequently mentioned on TK. Whether we get them remains to be seen but for mine the corner will very soon be turned. We won’t have a team full of superstars for 2021 but that was never the promise nor the goal - what we will have is improvement on our way to being a force again.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Oscar worthy. For the sequel I’ve gotta find someone else crying again it appears...:-).
Your credibility will soar if you feature yourself, Nat and Horse in a humiliating vid like you do to others :grinning:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Your credibility will soar if you feature yourself, Nat and Horse in a humiliating vid like you do to others :grinning:
Already did. And I had the board communicate the intent to ‘supporters’ of Dinkum Films Inc. along with shareholders. Geez, you complain the information isn’t forthcoming and when it is you miss it! Oh - not a supporter of Dinkum Films Inc.? Oh well...:-).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Already did. And I had the board communicate the intent to ‘supporters’ of Dinkum Films Inc. along with shareholders. Geez, you complain the information isn’t forthcoming and when it is you miss it! Oh - not a supporter of Dinkum Films Inc.? Oh well...:-).
Sorry I missed it :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hilarious of course!
Another work of art from Director Dinkum.
Would you like the link?
Thanks but don't think so.

The other reason is your stuff doesn't play on my phone. The last one I saw was your Kaz effort.