Board Report Card

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Absolutely, they won because everyone was desperate to get rid of Dib. I'm happy with Barrett and still am hopeful we can get some more signings but my point is those nine pillars were so vague and illustrate how they really had no strategy from the beginning. They've made it up as they go along.

Hopefully things sort themselves out because no one at the club or any other ticket or faction inspires confidence and the circus around the club isn't helping anyone.
Yes. Rock and a hard place atm.

Hoping that the rumour of Price for CEO is not correct and Laundy can help them out with some professional recruitment strategies for these key appointments all the way up and down the Admin structure.

Seems no faction can completely unite together as a whole for the good of the club, so we have to hope this lot get a lot more professional and start engaging with the junior feeder clubs etc and also the fans.

I've found it disappointing that there's been a lot more they could have done with communication and the little things to garner hope and positivity in preparation for when we had money to come out of this sc disaster. Reality is it's been a PR fail so let's hope we can rally beginning November.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
All true. Although anybody putting themselves up against the Dib Board would have won. There was a lot of hope and inspiration placed in the Andersons with the Bullfrog angle and a previously successful coaching pedigree in Chris.

Now, after 3 years, a very lacklustre performance all round, except the slashing and burning of the most overpaid, useless players early on. That they did well. I guess it really was necessary to pay other clubs to take them so we have to accept that issue was handled correctly. Although Castle and Hasler have pushed back on that.

But unfortunately they replaced those players with near on like for like cheaper, less skilled versions and upgraded more of the also rans on inflated contracts themselves. This must surely impact us further in the next few years eg its rumoured DWZ and others already being shopped.

Hanging on by a thread with a pass mark for me.

But it is what it is as they say and they got Laundy and Barrett and Cotric and so far we have to hang our hopes that these people can bring our club up to scratch for 2021.

Anything more than competitive after 2021 will take years of best practice, huge signings, luck and the very soul of poor Trent Barrett.

Any inkling of competence and a footy brain with selections, roster, tactics, junior development and he'll have the club supporters full support.

We can move on from there and see how it pans out for 2022.
Why was Des sacked again?

Also whatis "up to scratch in 2021" mean to you? Because as it stands now we have to be rolled gold short priced favorites for the wooden spoon in 2021 also.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why was Des sacked again?

Also whatis "up to scratch in 2021" mean to you? Because as it stands now we have to be rolled gold short priced favorites for the wooden spoon in 2021 also.
I guess you didn't see my liberal use of the words... "hope" this..."hope" that.

That's all we've got.

And with the new coaching, fitness staff, Cotric etc we all "hope" that the Anderson Board can deliver what they promised. No excuses 2021.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hoping that the rumour of Price for CEO is not correct
Same but don’t think it’s accurate.
He’s simply not qualified for that job.
I've found it disappointing that there's been a lot more they could have done with communication and the little things to garner hope and positivity in preparation for when we had money to come out of this sc disaster. Reality is it's been a PR fail so let's hope we can rally beginning November.
Covid. There were plans for two member forums this year that had to be scrapped due to the Covid safe plan. They do plan to hold a forum when they’re able. In the meantime comms will remain electronic.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you will find there is a couple of factors at play relative to the end motive. Price for CEO may well be part of the jostling and numbers..

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes. Rock and a hard place atm.

Hoping that the rumour of Price for CEO is not correct and Laundy can help them out with some professional recruitment strategies for these key appointments all the way up and down the Admin structure.

Seems no faction can completely unite together as a whole for the good of the club, so we have to hope this lot get a lot more professional and start engaging with the junior feeder clubs etc and also the fans.

A potential Price appointment screams gross negligence, surely that is very wide of the mark.

We need a very skilled and experienced operator for that role if Hill departs...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm trying to say this with a straight face but how well have the Anderson's ticket gone so far.

Are they the mob to carry us from the ruins with their 9 pillars for suxcess

View attachment 16892

btw if your a circlejerker - you don't need to reply as we already know your response-

"we love the Anderson's gobble, gobble slurp slurp"
The OP like a few on here has an agenda but if you are looking at it in this way it should be viewed more like a mid year report card even though we are 3 years into 4. 2021 was THE year we were all told we would once again be competitive so with pre-season 10 weeks away the pressure is on.

Pillars 1, 4, 6 , 7, 8 and 9 are the main ones that need to targeted, pillars 2, 3 and 5 should be a given;

1. Engage with members and fans.

3 years on there has been some progress with forums etc but compared to other top clubs and organizations in other professional sports we are miles behind and this should be given some priority moving forward. The Kennel makes more upgrades and changes to its website (good or bad) than the bloody club does. Less fluff and more meat is needed with all communications.

4. Become a once again best practice organization.

Some governance and management structures have changed but still well short of the "Best Practice Organization" call.

6. Develop our people

Hard to say with some many staff being turned over and poor on field performance.

7. Develop a strategic plan.

This is my bugbear as I dont believe there has ever been one other than bring back the DNA and support our Juniors, both are good things but should be results from a well planned, targeted and implemented strategy that everything in the last 3 years should have been directed from with all parties in on it and reading from the same page. It should be a work place employee handbook for all to acknowledge, and not a secret document...

8. Focus on our Junior League

This is starting to happen and we should see good things ti the next 3-5 years develop from it.

9. Bring respect back to our club

While ever we have off- field Port Macquarie/Mad Monday bullshit, boards and factions ripping each other apart, Chairman under investigation, and rubbish on field results we will never get respect back. It needs to be earnt.

So if reading like a half yearly report I would say out of ten its a 5 but a wobbly 5 and that the next 9 months there needs to be some serious and noticeable improvements in team performance on and off the field with us at the half way mark in 2021 at least on the end of the 8 or just outside.

A stable board and management with strong and regular communication to fans, members and sponsors and improved media presence and not just fluff story's.

A stronger roster and a happy playing group, and the return of players from other clubs wanting to play for the Bulldogs again.

The question is and will be, can this current board survive and also deliver the above in that time frame?? It will need to be PRO ACTIVE like never before and not reactive like the last 3 years..

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The OP like a few on here has an agenda but if you are looking at it in this way it should be viewed more like a mid year report card even though we are 3 years into 4. 2021 was THE year we were all told we would once again be competitive so with pre-season 10 weeks away the pressure is on.

Pillars 1, 4, 6 , 7, 8 and 9 are the main ones that need to targeted, pillars 2, 3 and 5 should be a given;

1. Engage with members and fans.

3 years on there has been some progress with forums etc but compared to other top clubs and organizations in other professional sports we are miles behind and this should be given some priority moving forward. The Kennel makes more upgrades and changes to its website (good or bad) than the bloody club does. Less fluff and more meat is needed with all communications.

4. Become a once again best practice organization.

Some governance and management structures have changed but still well short of the "Best Practice Organization" call.

6. Develop our people

Hard to say with some many staff being turned over and poor on field performance.

7. Develop a strategic plan.

This is my bugbear as I dont believe there has ever been one other than bring back the DNA and support our Juniors, both are good things but should be results from a well planned, targeted and implemented strategy that everything in the last 3 years should have been directed from with all parties in on it and reading from the same page. It should be a work place employee handbook for all to acknowledge, and not a secret document...

8. Focus on our Junior League

This is starting to happen and we should see good things ti the next 3-5 years develop from it.

9. Bring respect back to our club

While ever we have off- field Port Macquarie/Mad Monday bullshit, boards and factions ripping each other apart, Chairman under investigation, and rubbish on field results we will never get respect back. It needs to be earnt.

So if reading like a half yearly report I would say out of ten its a 5 but a wobbly 5 and that the next 9 months there needs to be some serious and noticeable improvements in team performance on and off the field with us at the half way mark in 2021 at least on the end of the 8 or just outside.

A stable board and management with strong and regular communication to fans, members and sponsors and improved media presence and not just fluff story's.

A stronger roster and a happy playing group, and the return of players from other clubs wanting to play for the Bulldogs again.

The question is and will be, can this current board survive and also deliver the above in that time frame?? It will need to be PRO ACTIVE like never before and not reactive like the last 3 years..
thankyou for your insights Baza

as usual you and circlejerk committee dont get it. I am against shit management. the current board is blowarsing to keep their jobs. but ppl are happy to keep them on by stating let's see what they can do... in 12 months I dont believe we will be in better position.... its top 8 or bust in 2021

does the pillars fill you with confidence?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
thankyou for your insights Baza

as usual you and circlejerk committee dont get it. I am against shit management. the current board is blowarsing to keep their jobs. but ppl are happy to keep them on by stating let's see what they can do... in 12 months I dont believe we will be in better position.... its top 8 or bust in 2021

does the pillars fill you with confidence?
Thanks for the invite, as I kept it non personal and without insult of any kind with my view. You on the other hand clearly dont have the capacity to discuss the issue without tripping off the gutter. Maybe you should see if the is an Audio book version of the Kennel because you appear to have difficulty reading any posts..

As for Circlejerks, if the quality of the rival ticket or candidates is anything like the OP of this thread then we are fucked if there is an EGM...I am sure having who it is all a "BIG SECRET" will help get it over the line.:tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ah hello 12th, 12th & 16th.
At this stage we would have to be favorites for spoon again in 2021.
We are a long way off top 8.
Hopefully there are some more good signings and and Barrett gets the team playimg better but we have been going backwards since 2017.
There's that word "hopefully" again ;)

Covid. There were plans for two member forums this year that had to be scrapped due to the Covid safe plan. They do plan to hold a forum when they’re able. In the meantime comms will remain electronic.
Not impressed with just member forums.

It's full on engagement with supporters I think is non existent, except for a few token fluff pieces.

The new Board should know this is paramount considering they complained about the previous Board...."Dad said don't treat the fans like fools".

They could have done a lot more to give supporters more faith in the direction they've taken us and therefore avoided a lot of the critiscism put on them.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There's that word "hopefully" again ;)

It's full on engagement with supporters I think is non existent, except for a few token fluff pieces.

The new Board should know this is paramount considering they complained about the previous Board...."Dad said don't treat the fans like fools".

They could have done a lot more to give supporters more faith in the direction they've taken us and therefore avoided a lot of the critiscism put on them.
I’m not trying to pick a fight with you but genuinely want to know how you’d like a football club board to engage with fans and what other NRL boards engage with their fans?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m not trying to pick a fight with you but genuinely want to know how you’d like a football club board to engage with fans and what other NRL boards engage with their fans?
Matey it would be a waste of time to try and explain.

I think a lot of fans feel the same. It's a key component of the distrust and frustration felt by supporters at this time.

You'll just have to look up other clubs sites whether it be NRL, AFL, NBL, ESL or any other major sporting club to find out how it's done.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A potential Price appointment screams gross negligence, surely that is very wide of the mark.

We need a very skilled and experienced operator for that role if Hill departs...
Yes well we need a very skilled and experienced GM Football too by the looks of it cos there's a "vacancy" there as well.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Can you show me one example where the fans ‘have been treated like fools’??

If anything it’s the opposite - I’ve been to at least 4 forums since 2018 (more than any in the 2 years prior to that) and I’ve seen a combination of consistent messaging along with relevant updates.

If you’re not a member or season ticket holder and can’t/don’t/won’t attend forums, what do you expect? They also send e-updates like last week.

How different are the Dogs to other NRL clubs re: ‘how their boards treat their fans’? I can answer that for you: not radically different and certainly no worse. Fan forum sites simply don’t count, sorry.

Our new coach publicly said good things about the operation of the footy club yesterday. He’s only saying that because they start paying him come November? He only took the job to be a head coach again and doesn’t buy the strategic direction? No.

Last edited: