Opinion Blues Heirachy = morons

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We were salary cap compliant in 2004 and we won fair and square. We cheated in 2002 and we had points deducted, which meant we could not win that year. I am fine with that.

Melbourne won in 2007 and 2009 and their transgressions only came to light some time after the second win. The NRL reacted by declaring that their two wins were null and void, and nobody won the premiership in those years. This was a totally empty and meaningless gesture, even by NRL standards, as, apart from the beaten finalists' supporters, there would be nobody who follows the footy who doesn't regard Storm as premiers in those two years. What the NRL might have done could be the subject of a whole new debate, but what they did do was pointless and ineffective.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be fair he was pretty shit for NSW in his last stint.

Freddie would have mates in high places in the NSWRL I'd reckon, the job will be his for a while unfortunately.
Wasn’t exactly the most talented NSW team to ever grace the field lol

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Personally I don't rate Bellamy as highly as others and is definitely a few pegs behind Skeletor.

He has never left Melbourne to test himself elsewhere, whereas Bennet has, and had success at multiple clubs.

He has always had the core nucleolus of Gronk, Karate Kid and Smith then added in Cunster. Once in a lifetime group of talent. Without those guys, he hasnt turned rocks into diamonds as he alledgely did back in the day.

Bellamy and the Storm have failed the NRL by never growing the game or expanding the game in VIC. How many VIC based players have come through their system? Where are there VIC based feeder team?

In saying that, he is still a brilliant coach and obvious choice for any club but I'd take Gus.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Personally I don't rate Bellamy as highly as others and is definitely a few pegs behind Skeletor.

He has never left Melbourne to test himself elsewhere, whereas Bennet has, and had success at multiple clubs.

He has always had the core nucleolus of Gronk, Karate Kid and Smith then added in Cunster. Once in a lifetime group of talent. Without those guys, he hasnt turned rocks into diamonds as he alledgely did back in the day.

Bellamy and the Storm have failed the NRL by never growing the game or expanding the game in VIC. How many VIC based players have come through their system? Where are there VIC based feeder team?

In saying that, he is still a brilliant coach and obvious choice for any club but I'd take Gus.
Personally I rate Bellamy higher because of his loyalty. Skeletor is the ultimate mercenary coach. I wish we could have a coach to stay here for 20 years and dominate the comp like Bellyache.