News Blue blood flowed from early age for Lynne Anderson

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought about this deeply after a scented meth sesh.

If Anderson was bleeding blue all this time, and being the daughter of Bullfrog, why in the hell did she do a gig on the Gold Coast?
That's desecration. That's like Princess Diana setting up an Onlyfans account for people to see her partake in DP.

Think about it, how many of YOU out there would actively plot against us by being Top 'dog' of a rival team?
How many times did she mAke subtle enquiries about bringing our juniors North of the border ?

Even I don't think I could be in charge of the Bulldogs, out of respect for Souths, and vice versa.
Yet the First Lady of the Bulldogs, who always had a shot at the family business, went to the Titans?
Bitch plz!
It's just a job, and a good gig at that, but how 'blue blood' can she really be if she's doing that?

Unless that blue is markedly more sky blue in texture.

Either way doesn't bode well.

Do I make sense?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring Dib and Peponis back. Fuck this ametuer off. She is incompetent.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s Women in League round this weekend...
That may be so, but it's about reading the room/situation.. she should of kindly declined and said this sort of article is not appropriate atm given the circumstances.. and she should have realized that the fans would find it patronizing.. well most fans..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The club is in complete crisis and we get another fluff piece about the good old days and her lineage?

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
far out, who reads that stuff.

politiics over interest.
Bulldogs fan here: hey nasheed, shut up! She is royalty . Her dad made the club a super power, crumpets like you have ruined it and many on this site are toxic and cause drama in background. No one wants you here and around the club. Take you toxic bafoonery elsewhere lame ass mofo

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
How does this type of article even come about?

"ring ring...hey dawg its lynne, got a hot scoop for ya!'

reporter:"yeah what up?"

lynne: "been bleeding blue since was young bro"

reporter; "say no more fam ill write sumpin up in tomorrows paper'
this is how greenberg operated, in 2009 there were stories popping up every week about how good a job he was doing and how shit the club was before

then in 2010-2011 those stories stopped, but in 2012 they started again

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lynne Anderson has the interests of the club at heart.
However, she just doesnt have the ability to manage such an organisation.
She also spends to much time on her other projects.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is hard to doubt that Lynne's heart is in the right place, which is a good thing. It isn't the full story though, because practical ability also counts. She clearly has ability, she's delivered for the Dogs before, that Hyundai sponsorship was good timing, we'd had HFC for many years before that. After Hyundai finished up we ended up with inside stuff and crap for the next 7 years until Mitsubishi signed on. And she has experience where it counts, in boardrooms and CEO offices, etc.

However the question as to whether she is the right person for the job right now is, at best, open, at worst, answered with a flat out no. In a rogues gallery of idiots and selfish operators it is hard to peer through the murk and know for certain who is doing the poorest job, but Lynne needs to produce some clear wins for the club and team in the next 6 months.

In terms of the news article, its clearly come about because of the Women in League round. Bit of a waste of time getting upset about that. Show me a person who doesn't reminisce on good times and personal successes of the past and I'll show you someone who hasn't had any good times or personal successes of the past. It is nice that that stuff happened, and denying it or down playing it doesn't need to happen in order to be insistent that the current board mess needs to get fixed, the current team mess needs to be fixed, and if progress isn't made on that stuff soon it will quickly be time for someone else to give it a go.

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It all began down at the local newsagency in Belmore.

And it was well before Peter "Bullfrog" Moore became perhaps the highest-profile CEO of one of rugby league's most famous clubs – the Canterbury Bulldogs.
His daughter Lynne Anderson's love for the game started before all that.

"Dad and I would walk down to the ground for games from our newsagency. I’d sit on the grandstand steps and be glued for the entire game," Anderson told NRL.com.

"I loved it from day one. But I am still scarred from standing on the old SCG Hill in the 1967 grand final.
So the blue blood began running early in Anderson's veins. But there was never a moment where she said "I'm going to lead this club one day".

She got into the business side of the Bulldogs after completing her marketing degree at university. She and husband Chris Anderson had returned home after four years of him playing and coaching in the UK (1984-87).

"At the time Canterbury had lost their major sponsor and I remember saying to Dad 'Do you need help?' I hadn't done anything with sponsorship but I did some research and found a few things like the deep multicultural links with the club.
"That's where I found Hyundai. So it was a combination of me just finishing my degree, the club needing a sponsor, so I put my studies to work. I was a fan but I had the marketing tools to help the club.

"We started multicultural days and events. There was no strategic plan by me to get into the club's admin – it just panned out that way."

Anderson said she never felt isolated in the very-much man's world of rugby league in the 1980s and '90s.
"Not at all because Dad had always espoused those family values so everything we did always had females involved. After training all the wives would take the kids down and we'd run around on the field and have a BBQ together.

"There was a level of familiarity and respect among everyone."

Since 2018 she has chaired the Canterbury Football Club board and rubs her eyes when thinking about the changes since those days.

With 45 per cent of all club members women and over 500,000 involved at all levels that's aligned with what Anderson wants to see as the legacy of the Harvey Norman Women in League celebrations - "equal voices".

"Gender is not a determinant of intelligence nor ability to manage a business," she said.

"Women have been fans, astute fans, for many years. We know that diversity of thinking is a key part of success, not tunnel vision with one view only.

"Scrutiny should happen, no-one should be immune from that. But the scrutiny needs to be on the core issues, the real issues.

"I think rugby league is very good at disguising the core issues – that wonderful passion we have in our game can be a double-edged sword."
However, Anderson would point any parent of a daughter towards rugby league.

"Rugby league is on a great upward curve with our women's game. It is a great game, we do so much good in the community and why wouldn’t someone want to be a part of that?" she said.

"I handed out the jerseys to our Harvey Norman premiership team only a few months after I joined our board, and when I looked up and saw all these beautiful eager faces smiling at me, wearing Bulldogs gear, it made me so proud to see how far we have come.

"I loved the game but never ever dreamed I could pull on our beloved Bulldogs jersey. But guess what? Now my granddaughters can if they want to."
She also wants her granddaughters to experience the great highs of rugby league even if they decide not to play.

Anderson has thousands of great Bulldogs memories but here are two of her favourites.

"The 1980 premiership and breaking the drought of 38 years was something very special.
"Dad had come into power in 1970 determined to rebuild the club and its culture, starting with looking after players. We had a fantastic bond and that night was one to remember.

"I also look back at 1995 probably in awe of what we achieved by winning that year. We won against so many odds – the ugly Super League war had us pitted against four of our own players and yet somehow the team came together for an incredible surge through the finals to win.

"It was extra special as Dad was CEO, Chris was coach, I was marketing manager. It was the hardest year, lots of personal vitriol and feuding in the game - but that day I think I sank my head in my hands and cried.

"Recovered sufficiently to celebrate that night though, of course."
BLUE blood turned PURPLE when Lynne, Chris & Bullfrog changed alliance in 1997 by joined MELBOURNE,
They left us to face the wrath of the Supper League war after making the decision for us to rebel against the ARL.
It was purely a very profitable venture for them, and that is within their rights,
A similar thing happened few year earlier when Bullfrog sacked coaches Ryan and Gould after making the grand finals 4 times winning 3 in space of 6 years.
So when she talks about the family club she is talking about her family's club.
After all THEY ARE THE ROYAL FAMILY !!!
Enough image polishing :(

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
If Anderson was bleeding blue all this time, and being the daughter of Bullfrog, why in the hell did she do a gig on the Gold Coast?
That's desecration. That's like Princess Diana setting up an Onlyfans account for people to see her partake in DP.

Think about it, how many of YOU out there would actively plot against us by being Top 'dog' of a rival team?
How many times did she mAke subtle enquiries about bringing our juniors North of the border ?
She was part of the team the NRL put in when the club was under duress and was being owned by the NRL until another party could put together a bid to own it. No different to the Knights at the same time. I suspect she was getting runs on the board.

Do I make sense?
Rarely.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still cannot fathom why the NRL rejected the bid by North Sydney to buy the Gold Coast and become the Gold Coast Bears. All the nonsense about intellectual property invested in the name Titans Had to be a smokescreen imo. Was Lynne Anderson part of that decision? And now the Gold Coast have Holbrook as coach because the Dogs didn’t call him and he got sick of waiting. Spare me the bleeding blue and white. Stop worrying about tizzy fits in the Leagues Club and just concentrate on the football club of which you are supposed to be Chairperson.