Blooding of new players could kill rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have been thinking of why Pay persists with our current team and delivery. A plan of looking terrible and not bringing in potential stars could ensure these players are not taken off us by teams with more free cash. Just think if all the young guys get a crack our season turns around and we win 4 or 5 games home how do we retain the newbies? 2018 is dead let it go look forward to 2019 and let the club time to heal.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, anything would be better than the lot who are on the park now. Defence is non-existent. When will they move up and hit forward in the tackle. They all stop and wait for the ball carrier. Just hopeless technique. Too much emphasis on holding the player up instead of putting them on the deck. The forwards are not hunting as a pack and get in the way too much in attack.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been thinking of why Pay persists with our current team and delivery. A plan of looking terrible and not bringing in potential stars could ensure these players are not taken off us by teams with more free cash. Just think if all the young guys get a crack our season turns around and we win 4 or 5 games home how do we retain the newbies? 2018 is dead let it go look forward to 2019 and let the club time to heal.
We don’t have a draft. There is never any incentive to lose games in the NRL. I don’t agree with this at all and hope the club isn’t actively tanking

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We don’t have a draft. There is never any incentive to lose games in the NRL. I don’t agree with this at all and hope the club isn’t actively tanking
Nothing to do with draft but paying new guys that perform enough to keep them. We play Lewis and he rips them apart for half the season he commands 400k minimum and there are teams out there with fre cash and we don’t.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing to do with draft but paying new guys that perform enough to keep them. We play Lewis and he rips them apart for half the season he commands 400k minimum and there are teams out there with fre cash and we don’t.
I disagree. We keep buying reserve graders from other clubs who turn out to be shit. We are better off seeing what our current crop can do before we look externally. Each player will be different in terms of what decision they make in signing or leaving but an opportunity to continue to play first grade where you are already an incumbent would be hard to leave

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s this top 30 rule that prevents us from blooding too many younger players and to be brutally honest there’s no one in the lower grades at the minute that’s going to turn the season around.

Some people are talking like Lewis is the next Joey he has potential but there’s so many rough edges that need to be sorted out with his game. I’m not saying to not give him a go but don’t expect any miracles from him.

Last edited:

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Kennel mentality:

"Put in anyone else but these players and start again"

The next year: Coach puts in other players.

The year after that: "Put in anyone else but these players and start again"

The next year after that: Coach puts in other players.

*next verse same as the first* lolol....

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kennel mentality:

When you recruit first graders and expect them to step up this will happen. Some will step up and others will disappoint

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The newbies as you state would not command the sort of money,an established player would want,they would start around the 200k mark or thereabouts,so that would be no probs experimenting with new players,I just don't think coach knows what he's doing

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kennel mentality:

Bunch of duds... Most likely all the sack Des flogs that don't understand their requests have been accepted and this is the short time result.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s this top 30 rule that prevents us from blooding too many younger players and to be brutally honest there’s no one in the lower grades at the minute that’s going to turn the season around. Some people are talking like Lewis is the next Joey he has potential but there’s so many tough edges that need to be sorted out with his game. I’m not saying to not give him a go but don’t expect any miracles from him.
The main problem is people cant let this season go... Its time to rebuild! That means lose, get smashed and embarrassed.

Lewis isn't a savour, he is merely potential to become one in the near future and a great player to build a culture around.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The main problem is people cant let this season go... Its time to rebuild! That means lose, get smashed and embarrassed.

Lewis isn't a savour, he is merely potential to become one in the near future and a great player to build a culture around.
This is the NRL we don’t need to lose to rebuild. I definitely never want to see the club getting smashed. Playing contracts can be decided off the field but whoever puts on the jersey and represents this club should be putting in 100% to win every time or they don’t deserve to be out there

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We cannot fall into that trap again.
That's what happened with Mybe he played good for half a season, other clubs were interested apparently and we signed him for massive overs based on his "potential".
We would have been far better and let him go and let him arse rape them.
If another club comes along and offers way overs for one of our reserve grade players, so be it.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is the NRL we don’t need to lose to rebuild. I definitely never want to see the club getting smashed. Playing contracts can be decided off the field but whoever puts on the jersey and represents this club should be putting in 100% to win every time or they don’t deserve to be out there
I agree in part... I had my worst experience in 34 yrs of attending Belmore sports ground and that includes the Monday night riots against Penrith. Yesterday was sad, it was humiliating but if you think we don't need to lose to rebuild then who should look away now.

In order to rebuild PAY and CLUB must sift through the playing stocks to see who sinks and swims..... We are playing with the most unexperienced spine but the most experienced spine we can manage atm. We are not going to get structure out of it just closure that we are trialling everyone and anyone to see whose a winner and whose not.

I agree every man on his dog that plays for the dogs should put 100% into the jersey ( e.g Klem & Jacko ) but these guys are rare, we had them, we lost them and its not a coincidence JJ and Klem are the only ones that know this is there club, contracts wise.

We a sorting out the trash... Its going to get ugly.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally disagree, pay wouldn’t be so stupid to destroy his career before it even began... trust me mate every first grade coach and team are watching the lower grades hunting talent. They could easily pick them up without having to see them in grade. I just personally think pay is not handling the issues well and failing. That’s all there is to it. It was a gamble the dogs took and so far it’s not paying off. Let’s wait till next year and if nothing turns or changes then I think we will have a new coach by 2020

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree in part... I had my worst experience in 34 yrs of attending Belmore sports ground and that includes the Monday night riots against Penrith. Yesterday was sad, it was humiliating but if you think we don't need to lose to rebuild then who should look away now.

In order to rebuild PAY and CLUB must sift through the playing stocks to see who sinks and swims..... We are playing with the most unexperienced spine but the most experienced spine we can manage atm. We are not going to get structure out of it just closure that we are trialling everyone and anyone to see whose a winner and whose not.

I agree every man on his dog that plays for the dogs should put 100% into the jersey ( e.g Klem & Jacko ) but these guys are rare, we had them, we lost them and its not a coincidence JJ and Klem are the only ones that know this is there club, contracts wise.

We a sorting out the trash... Its going to get ugly.
In the last 2 months has Montoya shown anything to say he deserves to be playing first grade? If we are sorting through players as you say then Pay should have dropped Montoya a long time ago. My only hope is he played Smith on the right side to see how he would fare on the right and that Montoya drops out next game

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the last 2 months has Montoya shown anything to say he deserves to be playing first grade? If we are sorting through players as you say then Pay should have dropped Montoya a long time ago. My only hope is he played Smith on the right side to see how he would fare on the right and that Montoya drops out next game
Montoya? Funk oath he has...
He goes up and comes down with bombs. He puts his body on the line and still puts in every game. YES his made some stupid decisions but his 22 for fcuk sake playing with a shit house team. Give the kid a break. Montoya is a natural left winger so Pay trialled him where he enjoys using his right shoulder more than his left. What Pay did is much smarter then droppin the kid, his basically giving Montoya a few chances just like the rest of the team.

Pay is sorting out his wingers for next season....

Montoya, Bergamin, Smith and Olive will be fighting it out for the rest of year... Then there is Crighton and maybe Meaney and maybe others who will join the fight next yr.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya? Funk oath he has...
He goes up and comes down with bombs. He puts his body on the line and still puts in every game. YES his made some stupid decisions but his 22 for fcuk sake playing with a shit house team. Give the kid a break. Montoya is a natural left winger so Pay trialled him where he enjoys using his right shoulder more than his left. What Pay did is much smarter then droppin the kid, his basically giving Montoya a few chances just like the rest of the team.

Pay is sorting out his wingers for next season....

Montoya, Bergamin, Smith and Olive will be fighting it out for the rest of year... Then there is Crighton and maybe Meaney and maybe others who will join the fight next yr.
No I’m not giving the kid a break. He has been terrible and I’m not sure what games you are watching to think otherwise. He is young so he had plenty of time to improve but his poor defensive reads has led to way too many tries. If he’s not going to be dropped the coaching staff need to work overtime with him to fix those errors

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No I’m not giving the kid a break. He has been terrible and I’m not sure what games you are watching to think otherwise. He is young so he had plenty of time to improve but his poor defensive reads has led to way too many tries. If he’s not going to be dropped the coaching staff need to work overtime with him to fix those errors
Im watching games and not reading into what the mob on TK is saying.

We'lllll that's what I just said, they are. They have shifted him from right to left where he may be better for it as his playing to his greatest strengths and his natural side.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potential stars? Who?
Plenty of players have been given a chance with no impact?

Status
Not open for further replies.