Blayke Brailey extends contract with the Sharks.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
club needs to make a play for jake turpin at broncos, hes sitting there behind andrew mccolough for at least 2 more seasons, we need someone right now
Turpin is really good but McCullough is done, has nothing left in the tank and I can easily see Turpin or someone else get a run this year, especially if they keep losing.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Turpin is really good but McCullough is done, has nothing left in the tank and I can easily see Turpin or someone else get a run this year, especially if they keep losing.
that is why i cannot understand the dogs not having a go at getting him now, why wait for the broncos to move first with mccolough

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
that is why i cannot understand the dogs not having a go at getting him now, why wait for the broncos to move first with mccolough
I can't understand a lot of things the club has or hasn't done the last several years..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Surely there’s a young up-and-coming Hooker in the English Super League (ala Hodgson) we can find?
Daryl Clark should have came over here years ago. Roby even though he's old could still cut it. There are some decent young hookers over there, I like Wood from Wakefield but not sure if he's up to nrl.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Maybe. That's if Cronulla operate under a salary cap though. Even under a supposed reduced cap they're keeping everyone. Funny how that works..
I would offer Nikora 600K a season just to push his value up. He loves SJ from all reports, but could stay for less... but fuck the sharks

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would offer Nikora 600K a season just to push his value up. He loves SJ from all reports, but could stay for less... but fuck the sharks
Nikora has been great. He's been one of, if not their best player each time I've seen them play which is impressive for a young second rower playing 80 minutes a game in his first season.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Daryl Clark should have came over here years ago. Roby even though he's old could still cut it. There are some decent young hookers over there, I like Wood from Wakefield but not sure if he's up to nrl.
Was it Daryl Clark who tore up off the bench two world cups ago? He gave Australia headaches that game, I remember being very impressed by him.

But for some strange reason, despite how much of a success Graham was and how well Souths and Canberra have done with their English recruits, our club doesn't seem interested in scouting and signing people from the only other professional Rugby League competition in the world.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was it Daryl Clark who tore up off the bench two world cups ago? He gave Australia headaches that game, I remember being very impressed by him.

But for some strange reason, despite how much of a success Graham was and how well Souths and Canberra have done with their English recruits, our club doesn't seem interested in scouting and signing people from the only other professional Rugby League competition in the world.
Sounds like your having a go at the club for not scouting (do you even know that) and signing English talent... There has been a truckload of Englishmen come over and absolutely failed (remember the next SBW signed with the broncos last year.. guess where he is now?). Their comp is a reserve grade standard, there’s barely anyone that can cut it over here.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe. That's if Cronulla operate under a salary cap though. Even under a supposed reduced cap they're keeping everyone. Funny how that works..
Pretty clear the NRL are giving Sharks many many chances... Should have been relocated a while back.

Instead because they own their own stadium and now suddenly have something insane like $40 million coming into the club, NRL are all up in their arsehole.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds like your having a go at the club for not scouting (do you even know that) and signing English talent... There has been a truckload of Englishmen come over and absolutely failed (remember the next SBW signed with the broncos last year.. guess where he is now?). Their comp is a reserve grade standard, there’s barely anyone that can cut it over here.
I don't know if they've scouted or not but they have signed only Graham since Connolly and Davies.

Considering half the English national team has had a huge impact in the NRL then it's fair to say that they produce good players.

Widdop, Sam, George and Tom Burgess, Hodgson, Whitehead, Sutton and Bateman are all very good players that any club would happily take. And of course Morley before them..

The ESL standard from top to bottom may not be great, but that doesn't mean they don't produce stand out players that are too good for that comp like those listed above and probably a few others that haven't been given a chance yet.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Yeah that's him, was rated higher than Hodgson before he ventured to the NRL. The only reason I see him not coming over is that ever elusive Warrington premiership

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if they've scouted or not but they have signed only Graham since Connolly and Davies.

Considering half the English national team has had a huge impact in the NRL then it's fair to say that they produce good players.

Widdop, Sam, George and Tom Burgess, Hodgson, Whitehead, Sutton and Bateman are all very good players that any club would happily take. And of course Morley before them..

The ESL standard from top to bottom may not be great, but that doesn't mean they don't produce stand out players that are too good for that comp like those listed above and probably a few others that haven't been given a chance yet.
The players you named are the very best of them, and its just a handful. It gets worse from there talent wise.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The players you named are the very best of them, and its just a handful. It gets worse from there talent wise.
I know what you're saying with the many players that have come over and amounted to nothing. But the same can be said of any local based players that don't pan out either.

Either way, there are still some stand out ESL players that will be waiting for a chance and our club has cap space and spots available so hopefully they explore all avenues.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
For every ESL player that has worked out here, there are probably 1 or 2 that failed. Sam Tomkins? Zac Hardarker? Curtis Naughton, etc etc.

Why would any player manager / player sign with a club / coach who persist with Lichaa on the bench?!?! Drop Lichaa and leave a hooker off the bench and player managers suddenly spot a chance of their player to come over and sign up before June deadline.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So all of a sudden the two hookers off contract in robson and brailey are missed targets and we are stuck with nothing. If we end up with liddle ill be pissed.
Staggs would be a good get.
Sharks shit me though, we do they need 3 hookers

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So all of a sudden the two hookers off contract in robson and brailey are missed targets and we are stuck with nothing. If we end up with liddle ill be pissed.
Staggs would be a good get.
Sharks shit me though, we do they need 3 hookers
Three? They'll play Brailey brothers in the hooking role next year.