News Blantant NRL cheating tactics

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no words. This is not the level of "2014 souths using worldwide banned performance enhancers but rhe NRL looking the other way" type of cheating. But it's damn close.

New rules trialed to do the best they can to avoid giving the broncos the wooden spoon! FUCK THE NRL! FUCK THIS BULLSHLAKHA!!

NRL RULE CHANGES

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

NRL to trial radical new rule changes — including ONLY forwards in scrums
NRL PREMIERSHIP

• September 22, 2020 3:43pm
  • by GEORGE CLARKE AND MARK ST JOHN
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
The NRL will trial new rules in the final round of the season.
The NRL will trial new rules in the final round of the season.Source: Getty Images
The NRL will experiment with rule changes in two games in Round 20 with the aim of avoiding a blunder like the one seen in South Sydney’s loss to Canterbury.
The Rabbitohs were awarded a try without consultation with the bunker when Jaxson Paulo slid over in the first half.
Replays showed that the Bunnies winger had put his foot in touch before grounding the ball.

WHY is there a bunker at all?

0:56

Thankfully, the try did not affect the outcome of the game.
Under the rule changes which will be trialled in the Broncos’s clash with the Cowboys and Sunday’s Warriors v Manly match, referees who think a try has been scored will award it without consulting the bunker.
Up until the conversion attempt is taken, the bunker will be able to review the try and overturn the referee’s decision.

If the referee believes a try hasn’t been scored they stop the game and send the decision up as a “no try” as normal.

In other rules to be trialled, only forwards will be allowed to pack into scrums.
Clubs will have to nominate 10 forwards among their final 17-man squads and referees will ensure they pack down at scrum time.
After a six again has been awarded all defending players except those who have taken up a position as marker(s) must “retire 10 metres from the point at which the ball is played or to their own goal line”.

All defending players are required to be “in line” with the referee marking the 10 metres.
The referee will call “go” when the ball has been played backwards and then the defensive line is entitled to move forward. Players who jump off the 10 metres early will be considered to be in breach of the 10 metre rule. Touch judges are to assist the referee in monitoring and enforcing the 10 metre rule.
Manly's Daly Cherry-Evans with referee Grant Atkins.
Manly's Daly Cherry-Evans with referee Grant Atkins.Source: News Corp Australia
The handover touchline rule concerns where play is stopped because the ball, or a player in possession of the ball has gone into touch, other than for a 40/20 or 20/40 kick, play will be restarted with a play the ball by the non-offending team.
The play the ball is to occur 10 metres in from touch, opposite where the ball entered touch, but no closer than 10 metres from a goal line.
The offending team for the purpose of this rule is the team which last touched the ball before it entered touch.
For infringements such as knock-ons, forward passes and accidental offsides, the Referee will continue to order a scrum to be packed.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"referees who think a try has been scored will award it without consulting the bunker.
Up until the conversion attempt is taken, the bunker will be able to review the try and overturn the referee’s decision.

If the referee believes a try hasn’t been scored they stop the game and send the decision up as a “no try” as normal. "

What are the odds a Sutton gets the Broncos game?

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"referees who think a try has been scored will award it without consulting the bunker.

If the referee believes a try hasn’t been scored they stop the game and send the decision up as a “no try” as normal. "

What are the odds a Sutton gets the Broncos game?
bunker can review it i don't see a problem. they can review every try.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

NRL to trial radical new rule changes — including ONLY forwards in scrums
NRL PREMIERSHIP

• September 22, 2020 3:43pm
  • by GEORGE CLARKE AND MARK ST JOHN
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
The NRL will trial new rules in the final round of the season.
The NRL will trial new rules in the final round of the season.Source: Getty Images
The NRL will experiment with rule changes in two games in Round 20 with the aim of avoiding a blunder like the one seen in South Sydney’s loss to Canterbury.
The Rabbitohs were awarded a try without consultation with the bunker when Jaxson Paulo slid over in the first half.
Replays showed that the Bunnies winger had put his foot in touch before grounding the ball.

0:56

Thankfully, the try did not affect the outcome of the game.
Under the rule changes which will be trialled in the Broncos’s clash with the Cowboys and Sunday’s Warriors v Manly match, referees who think a try has been scored will award it without consulting the bunker.

If the referee believes a try hasn’t been scored they stop the game and send the decision up as a “no try” as normal.

In other rules to be trialled, only forwards will be allowed to pack into scrums.
Clubs will have to nominate 10 forwards among their final 17-man squads and referees will ensure they pack down at scrum time.
After a six again has been awarded all defending players except those who have taken up a position as marker(s) must “retire 10 metres from the point at which the ball is played or to their own goal line”.

All defending players are required to be “in line” with the referee marking the 10 metres.
The referee will call “go” when the ball has been played backwards and then the defensive line is entitled to move forward. Players who jump off the 10 metres early will be considered to be in breach of the 10 metre rule. Touch judges are to assist the referee in monitoring and enforcing the 10 metre rule.
Manly's Daly Cherry-Evans with referee Grant Atkins.'s Daly Cherry-Evans with referee Grant Atkins.
Manly's Daly Cherry-Evans with referee Grant Atkins.Source: News Corp Australia
The handover touchline rule concerns where play is stopped because the ball, or a player in possession of the ball has gone into touch, other than for a 40/20 or 20/40 kick, play will be restarted with a play the ball by the non-offending team.
The play the ball is to occur 10 metres in from touch, opposite where the ball entered touch, but no closer than 10 metres from a goal line.
The offending team for the purpose of this rule is the team which last touched the ball before it entered touch.
For infringements such as knock-ons, forward passes and accidental offsides, the Referee will continue to order a scrum to be packed.
I added a hyperlink at the bottom but I wasn't sure how to post it as you did. Tell me how to for future reference, cheers :grinning:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The new rule is that you can only send it up as no try.

So if the ref 60 / 40 that a try has been scored he can't sent it to be checked.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that is the issue, he might be raising the issue around forwards packing in to scrums or the 6 again tweak.
IN any case, they should not be playing with rules in a match that has direct bearing on the wooden spoon or any other consequential outcomes (whether you finish 10th or 11th doesn't matter but a wooden spoon does!).

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new rule is that you can only send it up as no try.

So if the ref 60 / 40 that a try has been scored he can't sent it to be checked.
But the bunker has up until the kick is taken to review it and call it back. Its good, keeps the game going and will always be checked. every try, will be checked.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that is the issue, he might be raising the issue around forwards packing in to scrums or the 6 again tweak.
IN any case, they should not be playing with rules in a match that has direct bearing on the wooden spoon or any other consequential outcomes (whether you finish 10th or 11th doesn't matter but a wooden spoon does!).
i get the point regarding the wooden spoon. could easily go in our favour (cowboys favour). its a level playing field within that game. broncos missing a lot of players. not an issue imo

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like the six again rule, it looking good on paper but open to rorting.
If the ref calls try and the bunker also can check, i dont see whats the difference between that and the ref calling try and sending it up. theres literally no difference?

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If the ref calls try and the bunker also can check, i dont see whats the difference between that and the ref calling try and sending it up. theres literally no difference?
Think it's just the issue of past times where people weren't happy with the delay of video refs in every single try. At least this way if the try looks like a clear cut one it'll be given and just in case can be reviewed in the meantime anyway by the bunker. It's not like they're doing anything else during this time

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That being said I think refs will be sending it upstairs for anything bar the most absolute clear cut tries anyway after last week

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But the bunker has up until the kick is taken to review it and call it back. Its good, keeps the game going and will always be checked. every try, will be checked.
Problem is, we see how long the bunker take to check some tries - Longer than it takes to have a kick at goal, thats for sure.
If I was a goal kicker and a bit dubious about the 'try' we just scored, I would be kicking that ball quicker than a knife fight in a phone booth.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem is, we see how long the bunker take to check some tries - Longer than it takes to have a kick at goal, thats for sure.
If I was a goal kicker and a bit dubious about the 'try' we just scored, I would be kicking that ball quicker than a knife fight in a phone booth.
My thoughts exactly

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I consider every rule change these days as a way to circumvent fair officiating within games. I'm not a fan of the 6 again rule. It manipulates momentum in a way that prevents fans from actually seeing replays of the supposed error. The captains challenge has had some shocking results. Seen some blatant strips called knock one which should have been corrected with the challenge but weren't. So I don't think this will be any different. When the refs incorrectly call a try and the bunker doesn't have time to correct the call, it's just going to give Ainsley the chance to say it's not the fault of the referee.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet the public won't get to see each and every camera angle of a try review.

The cameras will be on the conversion kicker preparing to take the two.

110% more opportunity for a rort as they're essentially removing the public eyes from try reviews from all angles