Blake Wilson

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
But what is the point of importing this kid all the way from North Queensland to play for us, and then when he plays as well as expected, getting into first grade despite being outside top 30, we just casually release him?

What was the point?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
But what is the point of importing this kid all the way from North Queensland to play for us, and then when he plays as well as expected, getting into first grade despite being outside top 30, we just casually release him?

What was the point?
About 1200km off the mark.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How big is Wilson? Can’t seem to find listed height and weight anywhere. He looks abit undersized but it might just be me making a subconscious judgement because he’s a white kid who wears a headgear

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How big is Wilson? Can’t seem to find listed height and weight anywhere. He looks abit undersized but it might just be me making a subconscious judgement because he’s a white kid who wears a headgear
Strong legs.. built like Kayln ponga

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Theyd be mad to deveop him then let him go

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
90kgs, but very strong. Puts up big numbers in the gym. Pound for pound our strongest

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
WIlso goes alright but in all honesty probably has one more full year at the dogs in the top grade if he is lucky before some juniors walk into the side.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah righto.. write him off after 11 games in which he's made 15 linebreaks, scored 8 tries and averaged 150m. The kid needs to do a bit of work on his defence but that's no different to many young players.
It’s not a case of writing him off. Each team only has 30 players to work with.
Of those 30 you can probably only have 10 outside backs max. Also With a salary cap to fit all those players in.

I would personally find a spot for Wilson in my top 30. It would be as a 1 year, minimum wage deal though. See how he develops. Primarily a NSW Cup player that can fill in when required in first grade. With the current roster fully fit I cannot see him making 1st Grade.