Opinion Blake Taffee

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After watching the replay of our Knights game a couple of times, I must say, I was quite impressed by Taafe’s 12-13 minutes @ HB. Short though it was, he was out there chirping away, heavily involved and let the ball reach our back line several times utilising our weapons. Resulting in a try on one occasion. Showed some good signs, enough for me to want to see him get more minutes at HB again. Looked a different more attacking proposition to Hutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I noticed him chime into plays on both sides like he'd been playing all game. Also thought he's the first half I've seen here since Sherwin to get involved twice in a single backline movement.

He's doing enough right to keep himself in the team. But if he doesn't get more minutes he'll probably have to drop back to maintain match fitness.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
After watching the replay of our Knights game a couple of times, I must say, I was quite impressed by Taafe’s 12-13 minutes @ HB. Short though it was, he was out there chirping away, heavily involved and let the ball reach our back line several times utilising our weapons. Resulting in a try on one occasion. Showed some good signs, enough for me to want to see him get more minutes at HB again. Looked a different more attacking proposition to Hutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really comes down to how he talks on the field. Or can Burton stand up in that role. It's one of the biggest things Hutch brings to the team.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really comes down to how he talks on the field. Or can Burton stand up in that role. It's one of the biggest things Hutch brings to the team.
Taaffe is very vocal when playing fullback directing the defensive line. I don’t see a problem with him calling the shots at 7.
Burton does need to find some thing in this are also though. He needs to find his voice a lot more.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Taaffe is very vocal when playing fullback directing the defensive line. I don’t see a problem with him calling the shots at 7.
Burton does need to find some thing in this are also though. He needs to find his voice a lot more.
It's not like Sexton can't be vocal. But there are varying strengths to how confident you are and how you hold yourself in that role. Something that usually experience brings. Sexton although vocal doesn't seem to be able to command the field like Hutch, and I would like to see how Taaffe holds that in reserve grade for a week or two as a half rather than just as a super sub.

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton is not vocal and not an organiser. He plays his best when his role is simplified. I have to agree Hutchinson this year has done this despite his flaws. If Taafe is to replace him he will have to be able to do the same thing.