Opinion Blake Green

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I follow Weildler on twitter and he is saying rumours floating around that dogs are looking at medical retirement for him.

Club has denied it

Circus

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me, he will get a gig with Barrett and still get what he was contracted for

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
where becoming a retirement home.
Even Holland looking to get out :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: DT

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't blame them if they did try , Blake was signed before the ACL , which would be fair enough to medically retire him .
Unless you read the Telegraph or listen to the likes of Buzz , Danny and sob stories from Kent . Same old headlines bullshit " The Family club blah blah blah "

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it also a coincidence it's around the same time Benji Marshall is looking for a new club
Nasheed here,

100 percent this is why.

The best tactic is still to convince Green to retire of his own accord, and then offer him a job post retirement on the staff.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seriously how the fuck did we end up in this situation AGAIN!? Foran isn't even gone yet and we've repeated the same mistake.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What grounds do we have to medically retire him? From my understanding the rules around this are very strict. I’d hardly call an ACL injury grounds to medically retire.

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What grounds do we have to medically retire him? From my understanding the rules around this are very strict. I’d hardly call an ACL injury grounds to medically retire.
Well I’m sure considering age they could argue it if denied

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys,
In all seriousness we can't retire Green on medical grounds.

A medical retirement is strict. You need to be a Simon Dryer or McKinnon or Tuaki where you are genuinely cooked.
Green being able to return in May is not cooked. Just an ACL.

The good news is there's a solution.
Like I've said countless times over the last 48 hours.
All that needs to happen is for Green to simply retire, like Inglis.
You then offer him employment in the club. Which for green would Be a coaching role. He wants to be a coach so let's throw him ten jersey Flegg team or something. He would jump at that like a pedo at a wiggles concert.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Probably taking into account his age and recovery time ie he will miss all pre season and chunk of season proper

Pay him to coach in some capacity

Get Benji to fill that one year role

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Souths medically both burgess and inglis and both are looking at comebacks I read. Burgess is apparently in the bunnies bubble again... Nrlol... Or NRL = Nothing Really Legit

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Souths medically both burgess and inglis and both are looking at comebacks I read. Burgess is apparently in the bunnies bubble again... Nrlol... Or NRL = Nothing Really Legit
Beep, Inglis was NOT medically retired. Myth. That's why he's playing - coach has already clarified that