Official Blake Green signs with Bulldogs

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We cannot buy a superstar because there are none available for 2021. You could almost argue we have done so with Nick Cotric. Everyone is saying we needed a representative outside back, we did that!
He’s a past rep player.
To me,a superstar/rock star is a spine player only, with the occasional exception of a forward of Fifita, Taumaloa standard and possibly a Centre like Latrell/Inglis when they were red hot.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
not ideal hes ruptured his ACL but hes asteady player if he can get back on the field

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There better be method in there madness. How long is recovery for this injury? and who will play 5/8 now since foran is not wanted i hope someone as good or better.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anasta was on NRL tonight as they asked him if green was a smart buy. he's said it all depends on how much we paid..

He then went on to say that he had spoken to a few people at the club and said the he was signed at a good price in the clubs favor..

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone watching tonight's game love affair with Sutton and the bunnies so Fckn , suss so Fckn obvious the dead set biased decisions fucken leg up every opportunity which is why I took the 3 dollar odds on Souths to win

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
They signed him before he blew his knee out. We need a 7, averillo can play 6 with green as he is a genuine game manager where Foran n averillo won't work as Foran isn't a game manager.
Unfortunately his knee injury happened and Foran knocked back a 1 year deal ..the club must a plan for 2022 either for Burton or someone else is expected..Foran isn't in long term plan.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went through the archives on nswrl the other day.

He's barely played in the halves since sg ball. His rise through the ranks has been very rapid and largely at centre.

Hardly anyone on here would have seen him playing halves or fb unless they were showing up at Harold matts and so ball games in 2016 and 2017.

My guess and from what we have seen is he goes missing in defence. His ability is in his attack (from what we have seen).

When your 15 - 18 with speed like he has, the concept is get the ball in the kids hands as much as possible. When you hit 18 the defence and attack of opposition catches up. All of a sudden you need more in your skillset than just speed to occupy the 1, 6 or 7 jersey.

I have no idea what his kicking game is like as we have not seen much of it, but giving he hasn't played much in the halves I think its too early to be singling him out as our halves saviour. We did that with Mbye...look how that turned out

More than any other club we really needed the Reggie's comp to be running this season to develop the likes of Averillo, wakeham, schoupp, topine, doorey and to an extent cogger.
This year has been a total disaster for us, half the problem has been very bad coaching and the other half has been because of the pandemic.