Official Blake Green signs with Bulldogs

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s better than we have. I remember gus saying Cleary, burton and luai were good halves but said burton is Special. Pretty much said he can become better than Cleary
‘Potentially/become’ being the key word here.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My first reaction to this was "WHY??????"

Old guy, who now has an acl injury, even though he was signed before the injury, still WHY????

I wasn't impressed with his first stint with us and haven't really followed his career at all.

By all reports he has played really well at all his clubs since returning from England, especially the Warriors.

One thing that does give me a little bit of confidence is that through the week (before the announcement he signed with us) he was the topic of conversation on the BSB.

Apparently his reputation in the NRL is that he has a 'fantastic football brain'. The optomistic side of my brain thinks that maybe he was signed for his brain and not nessesarily for his football abililty. Maybe he was signed to help direct the team on the park and teach our youger halves (I mean Wakeham and Odo-Biondi because I don't think Lewis is a half) how to be First Grade players.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen Burton play, but it seems everyone on here is jumping on the Burt wagon. How much first grade experience does he have?
5 games

Enough to convince some on here he will carry us to a premiership single handed

Also he is still on contract for next year

Also there are about 10 other clubs chasing him

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It wont matter who will play in the halves unless the Dogs get some go forward - whether it be the pack of forwards that for the last three years are consistently dominated in defence and attack, or the back five who rarely make any significant post contact metres - halves or the creative players need the team making ground and making it quickly, and get the defence going backwards. This rarely happens with the dogs. Only brilliant halves are able to do anything when there is no go forward.
Good coaching and strength training with some key improvements in the forwards and back five can make a lot of difference. Just not having Tolman or any other plodder wasting tackles inside the opps 20 will make a difference.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly thought we wouldn't be bottom 4 next year. But if this is our half signing. We'll be fighting for the spoon again next year.

I dunno wtf the board is thinking. They need to go.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s not forget he is the fourth string halfback at Penrith
Sorry I forgot about that. It would be 3 games if Ivan’s son didn’t invite some sluts over.

I understand people’s frustrations but it shouldn’t be directed at signing Blake Green. The problem is our recruitment and player development over the past 10 years has forced us to sign a 33 year old playmaker.

But it’s still the right move for now. He is better than what we have and who we could sign that’s off contract.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What about getting Barrett to be player coach? FMD. We are a laughing stock these days.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs in crisis ,due to the fact incompetent management kept on signing forwards and not perform attention to our spinal surgery we will play as such moving forward,
Solid 1,6,7,9 we have needed since forever ,vote of no confidence for current board absolutely clueless.
Seriously from what’s available we will end up with bread crumbs only cause all the good players are gone or signed.

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am speechless at the moment .. why is this happening.. who is responsible for these decisions!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So if 9 months is around the correct time frame then that means we don't have him for up until round 8-10 LOLLLLL