Official Blake Green signs with Bulldogs

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let me get this right....10 years ago we had him at the dogs,now a little bit older ,a little bit slower and a lot injured we resign I'm. Lost for words.
If the contract was done 3 weeks ago why not publicly state that Foran is being released at season’s end?

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope he was signed for the absolute bare minimum because coming off an acl injury with no pre season at age 34 will mean he’ll have little to no impact next season.

I know he was signed prior to the injury but even so I’m still not a fan. At this stage 2021 isn’t looking good
How can you say little to no impact? He is clearly better than the halves we have now in the team and look how he changed the knights and warriors attack. He is pretty calm out the field and gets the job done without being fancy.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He was signed before the injury...
Still doesn't matter he's old and has been with us before. I find it a myth that he's good ... Was decent at Melbourne because of elites around him... Was masked when manly were fit and firing DCE / Turbo ... Since then he's been shit with injury plagued manly and the Warriors. I guess I can be happy it's no longer than 1 year

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All you can do is completely lol or possibly just give up on the Dogs. As a life long supporter I always liked how tough and competitive we were. It is quite possible we’ll never be back again. Can’t believe people are happy with Barrett.
He will Be horrible, we will be horrible next year. There will be no one to blame besides the board and T Baz. Not even the players, these people have sealed our fate. Terrible times ahead. Amazing how horrible we are. Titans didn’t even have a ‘war chest’ and have recruited better than us. The Gold Coast Titans
People don’t seem concerned. We’ll be lucky to be in the Storm/Roosters league again. It’s just gone so horribly, horribly wrong.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope he was signed for the absolute bare minimum because coming off an acl injury with no pre season at age 34 will mean he’ll have little to no impact next season.

I know he was signed prior to the injury but even so I’m still not a fan. At this stage 2021 isn’t looking good
An experienced half will be minimum $350k. Closer to $500k would be my guess.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is disgraceful. One of our worst recruitment announcements. So let me get this right, we have a supposed war chest and we decide to sign a player we let go years ago, who’s a journeyman for a reason whilst is also now 34 years old and just had a serious injury the answer to get us off the bottom of the ladder?? Of all the ex players we could have brought back and Green is who we get!!!! I’m scratching my head.
To be fair he was signed BEFORE he did his ACL.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Burton better than Munster/DCE/Whiton?
Like JT/Cronk caliber? Way people talk about him he is incredible, like future immortal incredible. I’ve only seen his NRL games where he was just a good rookie with potential in a good system and red hot team. I must be very misinformed, hope I am at least.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No man Noooo get Farked u fukn NoooooOOOoooo Fark this shit WTF U muthole muthafunkin wWTF.... Serriously!!!? Thats the best u can do u mucking muts!!! Fcuk. Fcuk. Nah serioulsy WTF!! Far out man. Bad move Barrett... Please dont be a bad omen Fark!!

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
could be they went cheap for a year on him, and have other key positions they needed money for, I'm not against the signing atleast he kicks the ball unlike foran

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
how is this board going to survive the next election if we fail in 2021 ?
Did anybody expect us to rebound & win the premiership or even make the finals in 2021? Up to end of 2020 (except signing Pay as coach & a few minor signings) is the fault of the previous coach & board. Getting off the bottom is going to be hard. Who wants to sign with a side that has been at the bottom for 3 years unless they get paid overs?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typical kennel ***** just whinging again. It’s only temporary he’s the best available . No one else is good and burtons off contract soon. Glad he’s signed he’s the level head we need

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So let me get this right....10 years ago we had him at the dogs,now a little bit older ,a little bit slower and a lot injured we resign I'm. Lost for words.
Did it with lafai doing it again with green it seems. Silly recruitment. Hope it was minimum coin. And even then just medically retire him and sign someone else.

Earliest he will be back is may. And he won’t fully recover until January 2022.