Official Blake Green signs with Bulldogs

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure you guys backing Holbrrok said signing Fifita for 1million is crazy and we should pass. The Titans and Holbrook went and signed him for 1.4million LOL.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Disagree. He's a 34 year old that's not particularly exciting. If you look at all the club's, it's basically us or the Broncos that need playmakers.

That said, we're both guessing.
Yes both guessing.
But what we pay for rubbish players will turn our hair orange and take your eyebrows clean off.

Blake to me is not a bad idea.
Except that his ACL will keep him out of action for the whole pre-season.

dinga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
May as well bring Terry Lamb out of retirement. Hope this means Matt Burton is heading Belmore way in 2022.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the bloke understands footy, right players for the right positions, watch the titans in the next few years. look at his recruitment for a next year

David Fifita
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
ese'ese

titans extended his deal till the end of 2024

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually dont mind him controls a game well so whens he expected back from injury?

Royy

Previously roy18
Reaction score
I hope he was signed for the absolute bare minimum because coming off an acl injury with no pre season at age 34 will mean he’ll have little to no impact next season.

I know he was signed prior to the injury but even so I’m still not a fan. At this stage 2021 isn’t looking good

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plot twist its Hasler wearing a Trent barret mask

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck me unless he is replacing coggar and we keeping the other gimp Foran rehab partners and Andrew mc colough has a raptured acl too gotta be a target and Dugan as well no stranger to the odd medical room why don’t we have a crack at him too this club are stupid when’s our club owner coming out and saying the whole club office is aids and have no idea

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect he's a budget buy and will provide much needed experience. Doesn't hurt to have that for a year. Still hoping that we give Cogger a new contract though.
It’s a waste of cap space. We already have Averillo who we should be trialling in the halves. I’m very disappointed in hearing this news

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Member email:

We would like to confirm the signing of current Newcastle half Blake Green on a one year contract taking him through until the end of the 2021 season.

The contract was signed weeks prior to the injury, but Blake has been a professional and durable player throughout his career and the club is confident that he will return successfully in the 2021 season.

The experienced 33 year-old, who had a previous stint with the Bulldogs in 2010 where he played in 18 matches, will join the Bulldogs next season.

Green has had an extended career in the NRL, having currently played in 175 matches for a number of clubs that included the Melbourne Storm between 2015-16.

In addition, Green has major experience in the Super League having played for Hull Kingston Rovers (2011-12) and Wigan (2013-14), for whom he won the Man of the Match Award in the 2013 Super League Grand Final.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill confirmed the signing of the experienced half:

"Having agreed to terms 3 weeks ago with Blake, we believe that we have secured an excellent player and someone who has performed well wherever he has played.

We are confident that Blake will be able to bring a great deal of experience and leadership to our young group as an excellent game-manager.

We feel that Blake will have a great impact on our squad next season, after undergoing a period of recovery around his current injury."

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not thrilled with this signing but I see it for what it is - a backup option. As people have repeatedly said, 2022 is the year we should be looking forward to. We still have a lot of plodders on our books for next year - Lewis, Napa, Britt, etc - so this is simply a stop gap solution.

We already have Avo, BBO, Wakeham, Lewis (and hopefully Burton) so Green is just there to give the younger halves some guidance and give the team some experience in the spine

I would have prefered Maloney but he said he's not interested in coming back so there were no other experienced playmakers we could have signed for 1 year

Foran would have been better but he doesnt want a 1 year deal. At least Green is more of a game manger which Foz is clearly not so we might be able to win a few more of the close games with Green

I can live with this signing if it means we get Burton for 2022