Official Blake Green signs with Bulldogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not going to answer that question because I would've made the signing AGES ago. These fucking monkeys at the club had YEARS to prepare for this, they're the ones that told us we had the "War Chest" yet when the time to deliver arrives they pull off shit like this ffs.

Hill, Price, Anderson, whatever other fucking monkey at the club should be fucking ashamed of this garbage, what a bunch of fucking grubs. Spend big money on a fucking reject DWZ for a position he's clearly not capable of performing in, spend big money on a fucking rubbish Pom while flying overseas on multiple times...but na, let's get the shitty scraps for a key position we've been struggling in for years. Absolute joke.
When has anyone at the club ever said “war chest” etc? They said we’ll be in a position to sign players from 2021.
It wouldn’t matter who we signed. You’ve always been a whinger and always will be

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Needed a half, got a half. Good placeholder.

Let the idiots ramble on but there's fuckall players available so you take what is available and Green is solid
Exactly . Idiots that bag the signing can’t come up with a better solution

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol lyn will be making phone calls to cement gillespie. Arrrre uuuu still available daaaaavid, age doesnt stop this club.lol.
It must be that youth policy they adapted. Anyone under 40.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL 2020: Blake Green signs with Bulldogs as Kieran Foran replacement
Michael Carayannis, The Daily Telegraph
August 26, 2020 3:27pm

Canterbury have signed Blake Green to a one-year deal and will honour the contract despite the veteran rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament for Newcastle last Sunday.
Green is Trent Barrett’s first signing in a homecoming of some sorts for the 33-year-old, who played 18 games for the Bulldogs in 2010.
The Bulldogs moved on Green prior to his injury when it became apparent Kieran Foran would no longer be at the club at season’s end.
Now the pivotal signing has quickly soured following Green’s long-term injury. The two parties have agreed to a one-year deal and both intend on honouring it.

Blake Green will return to Canterbury after spending one season there in 2010.

Blake Green will return to Canterbury after spending one season there in 2010.
The injury will sideline Green for between six to nine months which basically rules him out of the entire pre-season at Belmore. The best-case scenario is that Green is fit in time for round one but that would fall within the seven month mark.
Barrett and Green are familiar with each other after Green spent one season under the new Bulldogs coach at Manly in 2017 before Green wanted out to secure a rich long-term deal at the Warriors.
Green only featured in three games for the Knights after making a mid-season switch to join a record-equalling seventh club. As he has already played for the Bulldogs, the amount of clubs he has played for would remain at seven.

Blake Green will farewell the Newcastle Knights after a short stay. Picture: Ashley Feder/Getty Images

The Bulldogs see him as a key signing given the lack of experience heading into next year. He will partner either Lachlan Lewis or Brandon Wakeham in the halves after Foran rejected the club’s offer of a one year deal.
Green was to have faced his former club the Warriors on Saturday.
Canberra outside back Nick Cotric has been the major purchase for the Bulldogs heading into next year having added England prop Luke Thompson mid-season and re-signed the likes of Adam Elliott, Will Hopoate and Josh Jackson.
Seriously! How do we end this curse? We sign an experienced halfback & then he does his ACL. Who is writing this script? I'm gonna kill him!

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Guess.
Gotta be minimum $350k
That's what Lewis is on.
Plus signed before he was injurred so they would of paid him overs to take him off the market.
$500k for an experienced half is cheap.
Disagree. He's a 34 year old that's not particularly exciting. If you look at all the club's, it's basically us or the Broncos that need playmakers.

That said, we're both guessing.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guess.
Gotta be minimum $350k
That's what Lewis is on.
Plus signed before he was injurred so they would of paid him overs to take him off the market.
$500k for an experienced half is cheap.
If we are paying that much wouldn’t Foran on the same money for a season be a better option?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the uproar is we go sign an even older and now also physically fucked player to replace poppy-half a game, who doesn't have even half the talent our $3m thief had.

I am kind of scared..

Nek minut, a letter from our beloved CEO asking us all to be patient until 2023 when the cap is fully better, and the stars align and all flying pigs are airborne...

If we were going down the stop gap route surely Maloney for a year or two would have been a far better prospect than this flog.
Maloney is being paid 75% of his contract to live in France - he doesn't want to come back and has said it

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think the uproar is we go sign an even older and now also physically fucked player to replace poppy-half a game, who doesn't have even half the talent our $3m thief had.

Nek minut, a letter from our beloved CEO asking us all to be patient until 2023 when the cap is fully better, and the stars align and all flying pigs are airborne...
Pretty sure the plan was to keep the $3m thief. Couldn’t agree to reasonable terms and looks like he’s found another sucker to top up his super. Not much else the club can do the way I see it - we can’t have just kids in the halves next year...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
When has anyone at the club ever said “war chest” etc? They said we’ll be in a position to sign players from 2021.
It wouldn’t matter who we signed. You’ve always been a whinger and always will be
Fuck your mates, ****. Running the club into the ground whole you ***** swallow it whole.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
So correct me If I’m Wrong...

Did they not say in 2021 we would be getting a franchise player like Ponga year or so ago?

So ah? Adam Elliott? Blake green? Maybe Tolman is staying. Would fit our franchise well.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not going to answer that question because I would've made the signing AGES ago. These fucking monkeys at the club had YEARS to prepare for this, they're the ones that told us we had the "War Chest" yet when the time to deliver arrives they pull off shit like this ffs.

Hill, Price, Anderson, whatever other fucking monkey at the club should be fucking ashamed of this garbage, what a bunch of fucking grubs. Spend big money on a fucking reject DWZ for a position he's clearly not capable of performing in, spend big money on a fucking rubbish Pom while flying overseas on multiple times...but na, let's get the shitty scraps for a key position we've been struggling in for years. Absolute joke.
Yeah, you're probably right but we can't get hung up in that. They needed to deal with the here and now

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What other off-contract half would you sign ?
So are you suggesting we signed him because he’s last man standing (sort of on one leg now)?

Or

Are we signing him because we think he will get us closer to a premiership?

We need to build a dynasty through youth and let them grow and have veterans around them and we have enough of them already to go out and get more.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are you suggesting we signed him because he’s last man standing (sort of on one leg now)?

Or

Are we signing him because we think he will get us closer to a premiership?

We need to build a dynasty through youth and let them grow and have veterans around them and we have enough of them already to go out and get more.
Didnt answer the question

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maloney is being paid 75% of his contract to live in France - he doesn't want to come back and has said it
Perhaps, But I would rather pay overs even for 1 year to get Maloney until whatever the real target is available. Seriously mate, I am an optimist that that is a shit signing even if the prick was fit. At least Maloney has big game experience, played and won GFS and SOO. Blake Green is very average and hardly inspiring for our young blokes, sounds more like a knee jerk reaction from the club after Foran told us thanks for all the cash and "see ya"..

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ve got no words for this
Why would you sign Blake Green he's a fucken' veteran sucked in to the bulldogs back fired on them he is out for 9mths what a waste of money foran shits on him I'm looseing interest In my club I've supported now for 40 years I just give up fuck me they have no idea so disappointed with this club they can only attract drift wood looking for retirement money