Official Blake Green signs with Bulldogs

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to hand it to you Peter, you're the internal optimist.
Actually I'm not but over the last few years the club has turned me into one.....I'm always looking for friggin miracles. I keep lying to myself that we'll get Staines, Burton, A Hopoate and B. Smith for next year because that's what keeps me going.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he recovers from his ACL at least we will have a half who can control a game plan and has a kicking game. End of the day if we don't have Foran next year, we cannot have a wakeham/Lewis halves pairing. At least it is only for one year.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When it rains it pours mate... I wouldn’t have been that disappointed to sign him for one year before the leg injury... now I’m just hoping a hooker announcement is not too far away. ..
Plot twist he was signed to play hooker :tearsofjoy:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If true we deserve where we are. Pathetic

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who would you have signed?
I'm not going to answer that question because I would've made the signing AGES ago. These fucking monkeys at the club had YEARS to prepare for this, they're the ones that told us we had the "War Chest" yet when the time to deliver arrives they pull off shit like this ffs.

Hill, Price, Anderson, whatever other fucking monkey at the club should be fucking ashamed of this garbage, what a bunch of fucking grubs. Spend big money on a fucking reject DWZ for a position he's clearly not capable of performing in, spend big money on a fucking rubbish Pom while flying overseas on multiple times...but na, let's get the shitty scraps for a key position we've been struggling in for years. Absolute joke.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So how long is an acl these days ? Is it still 12 months?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What are basing that on?
Guess.
Gotta be minimum $350k
That's what Lewis is on.
Plus signed before he was injurred so they would of paid him overs to take him off the market.
$500k for an experienced half is cheap.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not going to answer that question because I would've made the signing AGES ago. These fucking monkeys at the club had YEARS to prepare for this, they're the ones that told us we had the "War Chest" yet when the time to deliver arrives they pull off shit like this ffs.

Hill, Price, Anderson, whatever other fucking monkey at the club should be fucking ashamed of this garbage, what a bunch of fucking grubs. Spend big money on a fucking reject DWZ for a position he's clearly not capable of performing in, spend big money on a fucking rubbish Pom while flying overseas on multiple times...but na, let's get the shitty scraps for a key position we've been struggling in for years. Absolute joke.
quality melt down bro :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With him being out it is looking like Lewis and Cakemam combo LOL

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also factor in that Barrett got him going in 2017 at manly I really don’t see the uproar I know we all expect big splashes but I think this is a smart signing
I think the uproar is we go sign an even older and now also physically fucked player to replace poppy-half a game, who doesn't have even half the talent our $3m thief had.

Have faith Trent has a plan
I am kind of scared..

Mate it doesn’t matter how much money you’ve got when there’s very few players available. AND - if we overpaid again like we did on Foran we get ourselves back into the same situation. This is part of emerging from the pain - the cap is fixed for 2021, the coaching sorted, now have to keep the money ready to snare the talent as soon as they’re free.
Nek minut, a letter from our beloved CEO asking us all to be patient until 2023 when the cap is fully better, and the stars align and all flying pigs are airborne...

Who would you have signed?
If we were going down the stop gap route surely Maloney for a year or two would have been a far better prospect than this flog.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is disgraceful. One of our worst recruitment announcements. So let me get this right, we have a supposed war chest and we decide to sign a player we let go years ago, who’s a journeyman for a reason whilst is also now 34 years old and just had a serious injury the answer to get us off the bottom of the ladder?? Of all the ex players we could have brought back and Green is who we get!!!! I’m scratching my head.
What other off-contract half would you sign ?