Official Blake Green signs with Bulldogs

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This is disgraceful. One of our worst recruitment announcements. So let me get this right, we have a supposed war chest and we decide to sign a player we let go years ago, who’s a journeyman for a reason whilst is also now 34 years old and just had a serious injury the answer to get us off the bottom of the ladder?? Of all the ex players we could have brought back and Green is who we get!!!! I’m scratching my head.
I'm scratching my nuts and I'm none the wiser also.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bang on.

He's also someone Barrett won't have to worry about, while he focuses on Wakeham or BBO to see if either can be a first grader.

The other huge thing people are forgetting is that we need to get some leadership in there, you can't just have young blokes. We're losing Foran and apparently Tolman, like them or not, that leaves a leadership vacuum.
Also factor in that Barrett got him going in 2017 at manly I really don’t see the uproar I know we all expect big splashes but I think this is a smart signing

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It would seem Foz has a deal elsewhere if he’s knocked back one year and with Cogger apparently leaving we need a placeholder. There’s just not much out there and I’m sure they tried a few different options before settling on Green. Still other pieces of the puzzle to fill in, I suspect Baz is well aware he’s not going to get his preferred squad for 2021 and will build it over the next two seasons - we’ve only got 7 locked in for 2022 so expect another exodus end of 2021.
Yeah I think you are right mate looks like a few will be let go end of this year and then a few more end of 2021. I also suspect there is more signings and the Green one was only announced as he’s done for the season with no contract for next year so they can announce it without too much concern for others. Foz to Manly is fairly obvious. He’ll get his multi year deal there as he’s strung together a few games now. Shame we couldn’t get the best of him.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also factor in that Barrett got him going in 2017 at manly I really don’t see the uproar I know we all expect big splashes but I think this is a smart signing
Absolutely and if we have 2 halves that are performing better he can be tapped on the shoulder and no big deal

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a one year signing that was made before he ruptured his ACL. Freak accident otherwise it wouldve a well thought out signing. Why is everyone losing their shit as if we signed up after we found out he got injured?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would rather Foran... but wow... can we sign Burton for 2022 and then pressure Penrith to release him next year? Lewis & Green as halves is still going to be very painful next year. Maybe with a good hooker & fullback that could mitigate things a bit..
I hope that's the plan. Sign Burton for 2022 and then hope/pray Penrith release him early. If not, Green is our backup plan if we cant get Burton.

Green, Wakeham and Lewis are all organizing half (if you pretend Lewis is a half) so I don't know who plays 6.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah a few people have said it, and those that still carry-on about why did we sign a player after they had done an ACL... signing was already done (and you can't read). It was going to be announced after the weekends game his Injury while annoying was not one the club could foresee. But yes, obviously the half we are gunning for is not expected to be available until 2022. Which is why they tried to sign Foran to 12 months.

Now lets say Foran goes to Newcastle and has a good year and Green takes 9 months to get on the field. I'm sure lots of you people complaining about Foran and blaming the club for last 3 years would be blaming the club for the stupid decision of signing Green when we already had Foran.

It could not have been known or predicted, a betting man would say Foran would have been odds on to get injured for such a period, not Blake Green.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
This is disgraceful. One of our worst recruitment announcements. So let me get this right, we have a supposed war chest and we decide to sign a player we let go years ago, who’s a journeyman for a reason whilst is also now 34 years old and just had a serious injury the answer to get us off the bottom of the ladder?? Of all the ex players we could have brought back and Green is who we get!!!! I’m scratching my head.
Mate it doesn’t matter how much money you’ve got when there’s very few players available. AND - if we overpaid again like we did on Foran we get ourselves back into the same situation. This is part of emerging from the pain - the cap is fixed for 2021, the coaching sorted, now have to keep the money ready to snare the talent as soon as they’re free.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t care if we got this guy for $1. If we have any aspirations to be a top quality team it’s not going to be with a 34 year old journeyman coming off a knee reconstruction.

So many players break contract, why isn’t we can’t get Burton? We let go of players so easily yet can’t seem to do it in our favour for a change. What’s happened to this club. I’m livid

HippDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok bare with me guys as much as we are disgraced at this signing we gotta ask ourselves have there been any quality on the market this year and also in reggies not playing we can’t uncover any diamonds in the rough if we put a positive spin on it we’ve done pretty well on getting cotric, Thompson and an experienced half who has a good relationship with Barrett in green...... now u name anyone that could be available as “fillers” to get us to 2022 when we have even more ppl coming off contract within our club and also from other clubs which have players in positions we need..... our rebuild isn’t going to be like our 2009-2010 it’s going to be a slower process but be patient ALOT of bad decisions in the past have hurt us for years and things the club couldn’t have predicted

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t care if we got this guy for $1. If we have any aspirations to be a top quality team it’s not going to be with a 34 year old journeyman coming off a knee reconstruction.

So many players break contract, why isn’t we can’t get Burton? We let go of players so easily yet can’t seem to do it in our favour for a change. What’s happened to this club. I’m livid
smoke a J and relax

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its a one year signing that was made before he ruptured his ACL. Freak accident otherwise it wouldve a well thought out signing. Why is everyone losing their shit as if we signed up after we found out he got injured?
Proves the incompetence of the club signing a player at 34 so soon. Should have waited to see if he could play out the year