Official Blake Green signs with Bulldogs

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wouldn’t have been a bad signing for the 1yr if the injury didn’t happen. While he has been signed to replace Foran at 6 and offer some experience in the halves, He could also have covered 7 with Burton at 6 for 2021 which I wouldn’t have minded. Hopefully he recovers quickly, plays well and left a heap of cash in the war chest for some bigger signings.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The only way this could make sense is if Foran is for sure gone and the club just needs a placeholder for a year for a half cause Panthers are playing hardball with releasing Burton early.

On face value I can see why; we need an organising half, he was plaing good footy (before his injury) and at his age he wouldn't need too much time to settle in. However, once you factor in that he will be 34, coming off an ACL injury and would miss the entire pre season and likely the first few rounds then it raises a few eye brows.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wtf... How long does it take to recover from an acl these days? Are these guys joking.. please tell me this is a practical joke....

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn’t have been a bad signing for the 1yr if the injury didn’t happen. While he has been signed to replace Foran at 6 and offer some experience in the halves, He could also have covered 7 with Burton at 6 for 2021 which I wouldn’t have minded. Hopefully he recovers quickly, plays well and left a heap of cash in the war chest for some bigger signings.
Yep agreed . It was a sound signing. Not much else out there.

The club has made some bad decisions the past few years but they have handled this well. Offered Foran a one year deal which was the right thing to do. He rejected it so we got the next best AVAILABLE play maker out there on a 1 year deal.

Yes it sucks he done his ACL but we signed him before that and he has played well this year.

What does everyone expect ??

We can’t just sit around and wait for players like Burton to break their contracts. There is a good chance that won’t happen and we wouldn’t have any halves next year

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
"The Bulldogs moved on Green prior to his injury when it became apparent Kieran Foran would no longer be at the club at season’s end.
Now the pivotal signing has quickly soured following Green’s long-term injury. The two parties have agreed to a one-year deal and both intend on honouring it."

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wtf... How long does it take to recover from an acl these days? Are these guys joking.. please tell me this is a practical joke....
He was signed before that. The club has to honour it.

Hopefully he recovers quickly

Sums up our luck of late. Sign a replacement for our injury prone five eighth and the replacement gets injured before he plays a game with us ‍♂‍♂

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeagreed . It was a sound signing. Not much else out there.

The club has made some bad decisions the past few years but they have handled this well. Offered Foran a one year deal which was the right thing to do. He rejected it so we got the next best AVAILABLE play maker out there on a 1 year deal.

Yes it sucks he done his ACL but we signed him before that and he has played well this year.

What does everyone expect ??

We can’t just sit around and wait for players like Burton to break their contracts. There is a good chance that won’t happen and we wouldn’t have any halves next year
Not only that, but why are so many fans under the impression that signing a 20 year old kid with a handful of NRL games will be an automatic game changer? I like him and want to sign him but let's be realistic with expectations.