Blake Ferguson - Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ferguson is off contract this year and what are peoples thought's of having him in the blue n white?

I personally cannot stand him but his kick returns and hit ups are outstanding and consistently gets the Roosters sets rolling and he knows how to finish off a try

Tonight he made 198m, last week he put 224m on us and against the Tigers he ran for 268m.

Its quiet evident in todays game you need big fast backs especially backs who are strong runners of the ball. Our backs bar Mbye are way behind the pecking order and in my opinion we will be further left behind.

Our halves are a work in progress but they honestly dont come and wont come close to the better halves pairings in the game.

We have Mbye, RFM, Jackson, Klemmer & Woods tied up long term. We really need to be ruthless in our recruiting now for 2019 onwards.

Sadly our outside backs dont punch the numbers nor provide impact like the top tier teams.

addoujspark

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ferguson is off contract this year and what are peoples thought's of having him in the blue n white?

I personally cannot stand him but his kick returns and hit ups are outstanding and consistently gets the Roosters sets rolling and he knows how to finish off a try

Tonight he made 198m, last week he put 224m on us and against the Tigers he ran for 268m.

Its quiet evident in todays game you need big fast backs especially backs who are strong runners of the ball. Our backs bar Mbye are way behind the pecking order and in my opinion we will be further left behind.

Our halves are a work in progress but they honestly dont come and wont come close to the better halves pairings in the game.

We have Mbye, RFM, Jackson, Klemmer & Woods tied up long term. We really need to be ruthless in our recruiting now for 2019 onwards.

Sadly our outside backs dont punch the numbers nor provide impact like the top tier teams.
He's and absolute cockhead can't stand him either but give credit we're it's due his footy is doing all the talking for him ATM playing really good footy depends on what they do with the Morris twins freak of a player but I dno if the dogs would go for a troublesome player like fergo

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Joseph Manu and these type of young kids are the players we should be targetting with a view of a premiership. Blake’s a quality player and won’t come cheap.

The salary cap and the regular increases favour sides who nurture and develop talent because they come on the scene lowly paid and get pay rises as they get discovered.

Our nyc team and juniors have been the poorest since Des came on the scene.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He had a blinder against Newcastle and is developing a lethal combination with Tedesco and Cronk.I doubt uncle Nick will let him slip through his fingers.He'll be awarded with that famous brown paper bag before season is over.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes. Absolutely yes.

Our backs cannot make metres or create any tackle busts if there lives depended on it.

One thing that grinds my gears is our wrestling.

Our wrestling is absolutley horrendous. Teams make big and easy metres down the middle because our lack of wrestling skills and the opposition has all the time in the world to place a kick in our red zone.
With our backs who cannot make metres more often than not, we have our forwards carting the ball up out of our redzone against a compressed defence.

You watch teams like the Storm, Cowboys, Sharks and Roosters who are great wrestling teams, and do not give an inch in the ruck to the opposition. By the time the fullback and outside back take the kick return followed by a hitup they are already at the halfway line on tackle 3 and the forwards arent as gassed having to run back that extra 30-40m like our forwards do.

We definitely need an overhaul of our 2, 3, 4 & 5 because we are well behind.

Definitely a yes to fingerhersome as well as that young chap from the Broncos who can also kick goals.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Joseph Manu and these type of young kids are the players we should be targetting with a view of a premiership. Blake’s a quality player and won’t come cheap.

The salary cap and the regular increases favour sides who nurture and develop talent because they come on the scene lowly paid and get pay rises as they get discovered.

Its depressing that these clubs have outside backs in their juniors who are big and strong while our ones over the years have been built like fucken toothpicks. Templeman, Remis Smith, Montoya and they never look like they will bulk up

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes. Absolutely yes.

Our backs cannot make metres or create any tackle busts if there lives depended on it.

Our wrestling is absolutley horrendous. Teams make big and easy metres down the middle because our lack of wrestling skills and the opposition has all the time in the world to place a kick in our red zone.
With our backs who cannot make metres more often than not, we have our forwards carting the ball up out of our redzone against a compressed defence.

You watch teams like the Storm, Cowboys, Sharks and Roosters who are great wrestling teams, and do not give an inch in the ruck to the opposition. By the time the fullback and outside back take the kick return followed by a hitup they are already at the halfway line on tackle 3 and the forwards arent as gassed having to run back that extra 30-40m like our forwards do.

Definitely a yes to fingerhersome as well as that young chap from the Broncos who can also kick goals.
People have been banging on about our forwards and bench, but i agree with you 100%, our biggest issue is our wrestling and how easily we let the opposition gain metres on us along with our outside backs who go 15m sideways to go forward 1m

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. Absolutely yes.

The young chap from the Broncos is Jamayne Isaako. Off contract and plenty of potential

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Joseph "touched" Manu

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hated him but he's changed my opinion so far this season. If he came at the right price i would take him, however is 29 next year so would only get a few seasons out of him... plus he's still got that connection with Mundine so....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If you're thinking about Blake Ferguson, I'd prefer we went for Kirisome Au'ava.

Both players I hate but Au'ava is younger.

Not that we need any backs.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we should go for Richard Kennar oh wait.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes to Ferguson btw I don’t care how many people he has tried to finger. Better than mansour and the aging Morris bros.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont worry the Roosters will sign him on a cut price deal

Status
Not open for further replies.