News Blake Ferguson arrested in Japan with nose candy

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow, he still locked up! He wouldn't of even spent a night in custody in Australia for having a bag

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Japan seems like a bunch of dickheads oh wow he had a bit of coke get over it you all have as well.. If he was importing 1000’s of kilos okay yeah but who on here hasn’t done a line?
Im all for doing lines with the boys, but their country their rules you don’t go into your mothers house and do lines, shits unpolite isn’t it? And whatever they do it works, most crime free and safe nation in existence so can’t question the methods.

But like I said previously at 99% conviction rate he needs to just cop it on the chin and stop fucking around. He’s not getting out of it.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blake Ferguson opens up on arrest nightmare and 29 nights in Japanese prison

Blake Ferguson was used to trouble and controversy during his rugby league career — but nothing compared to the nightmare of being locked up in Japan.

Footy star Blake Ferguson has revealed the torment of 29 lonely nights inside a Japanese prison where no-one spoke English and he couldn’t contact his family or manager.
The 31-year-old winger had his phone and passport confiscated by Japanese police and a $1.5 million contract torn up by NEC Green Rockets after a shock arrest in January over an alleged restaurant assault and being caught in possession of cocaine.

The former Origin winger is still stranded in Japan awaiting a court appearance on March 3 at which he will plead guilty. His sentence will be handed down 10 days later.

Ferguson has become used to trouble and controversy during a colourful decade-long career in the NRL at the Cronulla Sharks, Canberra Raiders, Sydney Roosters and Parramatta Eels.

But nothing compared to the nightmare of being locked up for a month in the cells at Azabu Police station in Roppongi, a district in Tokyo known for its nightlife entertainment where the fallen NRL star found trouble.

“It’s been really lonely and boring,” Ferguson said in his first interview since the arrest.

“Time goes really slow when you’re locked up for a month.

“I didn’t hear anything from Australia because I didn’t have access to a phone.

No contact with my family and no contact with my manager.

It was just me and some Japanese guys who couldn’t speak English. I read a few books but that was about it. The food was pretty ordinary and I got a really bad back.

“Seriously, the mattress would have been a centimetre thick. I could hardly stand up for a few days. I certainly wouldn’t want to go back.”

Ferguson insists he is not complaining.

“I was never expecting to be placed into a resort,” he said.

“I got myself into this mess and there’s no-one else to blame.

“I had too much to drink and put myself into a really shitty situation.

“Other than that I can’t say much about the case but I’m hopeful it will work out okay.

“I’m going to plead guilty and hopefully they will show some leniency. It’s important that I accept responsibility.”

The emotional pain is far greater than anything else.

Being cut off from his two boys, his daughter and his partner.

“I’m not really scared but I can’t wait to get home to see my kids,” he said.

“It’s been almost six months since I left.

“I’ve desperately missed my little girl, my boys and my partner.

“At least I’m out of the detention centre and I can facetime them every day.

“I’m just hoping to be home for my birthday on the 20th of March.”

This is also about regaining the respect from his loved ones.

“My partner (Dominique) was obviously angry and upset about what I did,” he said.

“I’ll have to earn back her trust. I’ve let down a lot of people, not just my family.”

Ferguson’s agent Sam Ayoub says it’s too early to determine if the former Blues and Kangaroos winger will play NRL this year once he returns to Sydney.

“I don’t know what interest is out there because we haven’t gone to the clubs,” Ayoub said.

Our priority is to get Blake home to his family and then take it from there.”

Ferguson played 249 NRL games before quitting Parramatta at the end of last season for Japanese rugby. He was Dally M winger of the year in 2018.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ferguson’s agent Sam Ayoub says it’s too early to determine if the former Blues and Kangaroos winger will play NRL this year once he returns to Sydney.

“I don’t know what interest is out there because we haven’t gone to the clubs,” Ayoub said.
seriously? what a dumb comment to make. i'd be more concerned about getting out of jail rather than 'playing NRL'. whos to say the NRL will even allow him back? Todd Carney got life banned for far less. Also whos to say he'll even be back in Sydney later this year? they could make an example of him and give him 3 years or something

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LINK: Exiled Ferguson takes up league lifeline

Former NRL star Blake Ferguson has taken up an offer to resurrect his rugby league career by signing with the Leigh Centurions in the Championship.

The second tier English club announced the former Origin winger will join the team for the remainder of the 2022 Championship season.

It's been a tumultuous 12 months for Ferguson who was let go by the Eels after the 2021 season and then had his rugby deal with the NEC Green Rockets in the Japan Top League torn up after he was arrested on allegations of cocaine possession.

Ferguson,32, will join Leigh head coach Adrian Lam, who previously worked with him during his time with the Kangaroos.

"Blake is considered one of the best outside back players in Australia in his prime and it's massive news for our club. "It's a big one," Lam said.

"I've coached him at the Kangaroos and he's not a player you won't notice.

"He's a great finisher and knows his way to the line. It's our job now to give him the ball. He's an explosive player that we need adding to our team and in every game, he gives 100 per cent. He's the ultimate competitor, absolutely hates losing and he leaves nothing in the tank.

"Blake has scored tries at the top echelon of the game on a consistent basis over many years. He represented the Kangaroos as a winger, but he could play centre or fullback. It will take a bit of time for him to adjust to our team, but the players will love having him around and he will soon settle into our environment.

"Blake is a vibrant, positive character and brings life and fun to the group and at the bottom of that he's a good person. He will be a popular member of our squad."

Ferguson will add experience and attacking flair and at 32, is still young enough to have an impact.

The former Eels, Roosters, Sharks and Raiders star played nine Origins for NSW and seven Tests for the Kangaroos, and scored 126 tries in 249 NRL games.