News Blake Ferguson arrested in Japan with nose candy

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ha, for all those that are replying to this thread linking ro the bulldogs

You can rest better now, channel 7 news just reported the Blake Ferguson story with vision of Blake scoring against the dogs... well done channel 7
They ALWAYS show players scoring against us, even when the footage is 2-3 years old.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ha, for all those that are replying to this thread linking ro the bulldogs

You can rest better now, channel 7 news just reported the Blake Ferguson story with vision of Blake scoring against the dogs... well done channel 7
They also reported him. "having played for several clubs".... none named :tearsofjoy: If he'd played for a dozen different clubs, and one of them was Canterbury, I know which club would get specifically mentioned...

KoolDavid

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Last edited:

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad Fingerbang this prick should of been locked up years ago

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
And not surprisingly hes sacked and will be on his way home soon. Will any team pick him up, I dunno.

Hes not too smart. Always amazes me most ppl who get caught with drugs, usually get the police attention for doing something else stupid while they are carrying. Then they find the drugs.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently players in that comp in 2020 found with coke got 2 year suspended sentence

KoolDavid

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And not surprisingly hes sacked and will be on his way home soon. Will any team pick him up, I dunno.
lol he ain’t coming “home” anytime soon! He will face the legal system over there.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No wonder the club that he was contracted to apologized profusely to the authorities..Clubs are treated as having a responsibility as well...

Drug scandals are treated very seriously in Japan, which is known globally for its hardline attitude towards illegal drugs.

Drug possession charges for substances such as cocaine and marijuana can carry prison sentences of up to five years in Japan. But it is also common for judges to hand down suspended sentences.

That proved to be the outcome in several drug possession cases that rocked Japanese rugby in 2019 and 2020, and ultimately saw the then-Top League competition shut down for a month to deal with the scandal.
A New Zealand player Steven Yates, who was playing for Toyota Verblitz, was given a suspended two-year prison sentence for possessing cocaine, after prosecutors had sought a 30-month custodial sentence. Another former Verblitz player, Ryota Kabashima, to 14 months in prison, suspended for three years. Both were sacked.

When a third player, Joel Everson, was also arrested and charged - and later sacked - in March 2020, his club the Hino Red Dolphins withdrew from the rest of the season and the Top League suspended its competition to re-educate players on its stance towards drugs.

Given the priority placed on good behaviour and honour in Japanese rugby, Ferguson’s arrest will bring pressure on Cheika at NEC Green Rockets, after he was instrumental in signing the Australian. Cheika only signed with the club last year as well.
“The reason we chased him was because he showed last year he was playing the game at a very high level and he scored some great tries [for Parramatta],” Cheika told the Herald in November.
“He’s a real thinker of the game. The conversations we had with him about rugby, he was inquisitive and asked all the right questions. He’s got ambition, which I like – he’s a footballer who wants to try something new and conquer another challenge.
“I read somewhere he wanted to play for the Wallabies, and I admire that. People might ask, ‘How will he do that’, but you can’t do it if there’s no dream. A player of his calibre can certainly make it. He’s enthusiastic and a strong man who will run hard and tackle hard.”
https://www.smh.com.au/