Blake Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He cops alot of criticism , some of it rightfully..

His defence is suspect and hes inconsistent but he is the sort of player that can spark something out of nothing like we saw tonight

Similar in many ways to JReynolds in that they both cop it due to inconsistency and relying on energy and passion, but like Reynolds If I was a coach I would have Austin off the bench spot..

The ability to change a game especially at back end of halves or when your behind is a talent.. Many halves have shoddy defence so I still think there is a place for someone like Austin in a NRL 17..

Personally I would love to him off our bench

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's too good to be playing Super League.

Can't believe how quickly and easily a player can get in the bad books when they play under Stuart.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's too good to be playing Super League.

Can't believe how quickly and easily a player can get in the bad books when they play under Stuart.
It was his own fault. They offered him 800k a year last year and he said no he wants more. He was never worth more than that.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What? Is he on crack?
Lol yep, he thought if Ben Hunt can get a Million a year he could also. Then he started playing shit and Canberra pulled the 800k a year offer off the table.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol yep, he thought if Ben Hunt can get a Million a year he could also. Then he started playing shit and Canberra pulled the 800k a year offer off the table.
Talk about delusional and greedy...

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Talk about delusional and greedy...
Badly, especially with him having a family. He should've accepted that $3.2/4 year contract. Could've set him up for life.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was his own fault. They offered him 800k a year last year and he said no he wants more. He was never worth more than that.
Lol You only get 1 Alan Bond offer in your life.. he had his and blew it

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great off the bench, wants more than his worth.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes not a half hes a centre in my opinion and we need a centre

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
"In my head yeah, I'm probably closer than close [to knowing]. I know what's going on but we'll have to sit back and wait and see what's going to happen. It will be this week sometime, we'll make an announcement and I'm really excited for it," he said.

Just created a thread on this, but he's going to announce his future next week.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
"In my head yeah, I'm probably closer than close [to knowing]. I know what's going on but we'll have to sit back and wait and see what's going to happen. It will be this week sometime, we'll make an announcement and I'm really excited for it," he said.

Just created a thread on this, but he's going to announce his future next week.
All the talk is parra

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are second last for a reason... good luck on Austin pulling performances like that consistently for 80 and against the top teams....

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
No thanks, over these inconsistent ***** that turn up every 6-8 games and pull a rabbit out the out for the team to win. Didn't work with Reynolds so what's the point of trying with Austin. Rather save and use our money wisely.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good player and the Raindeers don't even need him, he's consistent enough but lets see if our boys can fix their short kicking game first.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All the talk is parra

Good, they can have him.
Just because he carved us up in a 15 minute stint of the bench doesn't change the fact that he's a selfish player who goes missing for long periods, has an average kicking game and is slightly above average at his best

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des would've given him >$1M per season

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Word is Warrington have throw him a huge deal, as Tyrone Roberts is coming back to Australia.

I'm worried that Raiders will make a big play for Lachlan Lewis to get him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.