BLACK!.... need help!

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I walked barefoot to the clothesline one night it was lightly raining outside and almost stepped on a spider ,so i got a jar and caught it took it inside and poked at it witha pencil the motherfucker stood up fangs out and had a go back at me thats when i realized it was the black death id nearly walked on!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I walked barefoot to the clothesline one night it was lightly raining outside and almost stepped on a spider ,so i got a jar and caught it took it inside and poked at it witha pencil the motherfucker stood up fangs out and had a go back at me thats when i realized it was the black death id nearly walked on!
I just noticed a redback on my arm while moving some shit outside, no pain so I guess it didn't bite.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like a funnel web. Deadliest spider.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
That's buzz's aussie version of tequila with a worm,metho with a funnel web,legend has it the toxicity of buzz's liver is so high he could kill a brown snake with 1 bite
Buzz on his way to the office on a Monday morning.....

He only applied for the job in the first place because he mis-read the advertisement: he thought it said "Must have experience with the DT's".

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
White-tail spiders (the bastards whose venom eats your flesh) are one to avoid. Nastier than a Cummins in the video-ref box.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
White-tail spiders (the bastards whose venom eats your flesh) are one to avoid. Nastier than a Cummins in the video-ref box.
Another myth lol. Their bite is like a bad bee sting.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Funnel-web Spider:
The Funnel-web Spider has always been the Jekyll and Hyde of Australian arachnids. It is very large, (though smaller than other Australian species) very ugly, highly venomous and sometimes aggressive. However, it also possesses one of the sweetest and most melodic singing voices of the entire insect kingdom and are generally jolly and good-natured when they’re not busy killing something.
It’s a real treat hearing them every Spring and Summer morning singing away joyfully from the tops of fences and roofs across suburbia, greeting the sun with their light-hearted tunes before scurrying away back to their cosy burrows. You can also often hear them warbling a merry little refrain to itself as it carries off someone’s cat or Schnauzer (its favourite treat) down into its lair.
It’s hard not to love them!
There are 40 different species of Funnel Web Spider such as the Bankstown Blue, Southern Fluffy, Melbourne Green Silky, the Royal Northern Tiger and the Red-banded Jumping Goliath as well as a wide variety of “boutique” hybrids like the Gorgeous Baboon and the very popular Springer Roughie and Hungry Mo to name but a few.
Most breeds can be domesticated after a fashion and the display hosted by the Australian Funnel Web Breeders Society at the Sydney Royal Easter Show is always well attended with the petting zoo being a popular Easter treat for kiddies of all ages. However, due to some unfortunate past experiences, the event is always scheduled so it doesn’t coincide with important dog, cat or reptile shows...

(Pic)
In this image we have Mrs Mary Pock of Narrabeen on Sydney’s beautiful Northern Beaches receiving the Grand Champion’s prize at the 2019 Australasian nationals with her famous purebred, Sydney Black, “Harold” named after her late husband.
Mrs Pock has also lost three cats and two dogs to her hobby but as she says with a twinkle in her eye, “Why just have two or four legs scuttling about the house when you can enjoy eight!”

From, "Australian Wildlife, the Shocking Truth!"
Available from Boolarong Press.

Attachments