Black Lives Matter Leader calls for Christian churches to be attacked

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Shaun King, a well known BLM leader states that:

"All murals and stained glass windows of white Jesus and his European mother, and their white friends should also come down. They are a gross form of white supremacy. Created as tools of oppression. Racist Propaganda. They should all come down"

What you see in America is nothing about racism or George Floyd, but it has everything to do with an attempt to destroy western democracies and it's ideals.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It's hard to imagine how America in particular has come to this point, but it makes sense when you consider that American colleges and schools have been teaching american kids for the last 15-20 years that western society is an 'evil white male oppressive patriarchy'. America is now reaping what they sowed into their colleges.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Saint Charbels, Punchbowl - good luck getting into this church!

Interesting, didn't know about Saint Charbel.
The beauty of the universal Church is that it has Saints from all over the world.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

"All murals and stained glass windows of white Jesus and his European mother, and their white friends should also come down. They are a gross form of white supremacy. Created as tools of oppression. Racist Propaganda. They should all come down"

What you see in America is nothing about racism or George Floyd, but it has everything to do with an attempt to destroy western democracies and it's ideals.
As practicing Catholic and some say a devout Christian, I feel that not enough emphases has been put in condemning racisms by all Christian Churches. After all Gods first Commandment is love of God and all mankind, irrespective of Race, Colour or Creed. If this fact is true then the haters will be the first condemned by God. In the past white people were predominately responsible for denigrating people of other races particularly Blacks. Lynching's of Blacks in America by KKK and similar minded people was rampant not that long ago. It appears now that some blacks have decided to retaliate by hating all White people.
The problem lies with the fact that in all at least western societies, enforcing the law without fear or favour is not practiced.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Would you be ok with 'protestors' following through on Sean King's advice and defacing stained glass windows featuring Jesus and his 'white friends'?
Well Jesus's ethnicity and history has been defaced by depicting him as white, wouldnt you think?

Why do they white washed history? White people weren't natives to the middle east back then.

Weren't you crying about editing and changing history?

Why the hypocrisy?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
and what you've quoted is hardly an "attack" on churches

Again you're misrepresenting the blm movement. You've done this way too often, one would think you have an agenda

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
and what you've quoted is hardly an "attack" on churches

Again you're misrepresenting the blm movement. You've done this way too often, one would think you have an agenda
I've been consistent in saying that violence, calls for violence, looting and mobbing are wrong. Shaun King is promoting the defacing and vandalism of religious buildings. I'm not ok with this.

I'm simply pointing out (as I've done previously) that the BLM is not just about black lives. It is about fundamental disagreement with western societies, their democracies and the fundamental beliefs that are inherent to western democracies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
A quite obvious agenda too
I'm happy to be transparent about my agenda and you can attack these ideas as much as you wish.

- Abuse of power (whether it be political or police power or any other kind) is wrong and should be punished appropriately. People (including police) who abuse their power simply create enormous and untold damage to their communities who lose trust in institutions who we all depend on for our safety and our families safety.
- Discriminating on the basis of colour, sexuality or gender or any other immutable characteristic is grossly wrong
- Indiscriminate violence, looting, mobbing is wrong, dangerous and has lead to multiple deaths and ruining of lives (many of which are blacks and minority lives) in the past few weeks
- Dividing people into groups on the basis of skin colour and then setting these groups against each other is tribalism and human history for hundreds of years has proven this to only ever result in the destruction of communities, deaths of many, and worse social outcomes for all.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been consistent in saying that violence, calls for violence, looting and mobbing are wrong. Shaun King is promoting the defacing and vandalism of religious buildings. I'm not ok with this.

I'm simply pointing out (as I've done previously) that the BLM is not just about black lives. It is about fundamental disagreement with western societies, their democracies and the fundamental beliefs that are inherent to western democracies.
Vandalism? So him saying they are inaccurate depictions of history and should be corrected is vandalism?

You're right, they shouldn't change the inherent beliefs of Western society, they should learn their places as slaves to the white man.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You've completely missed you're own point = 6.5 for artistic ability and 7.5 for technique.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Vandalism? So him saying they are inaccurate depictions of history and should be corrected is vandalism?

You're right, they shouldn't change the inherent beliefs of Western society, they should learn their places as slaves to the white man.
It depends whether you believe Shaun Kind is advocating for the peaceful replacement and voluntary removal of pictures of Jesus or whether he is asking the mobs of violent BLM protesters to do it themselves.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Jesus's came from the middle east. Hes an Arab.

End discussion
Lmao so true ey but lets go even further into this, he was Semitic from the Levantine... My people like many others are from there and lo and behold no black people in our families as they aren't native to our land but only alittle further down after Egypt from a place called Africa... Jesus without a doubt had olive to white skin, with brown or black hair with eyes raging from green, blue or hazel or the odd brown as thats the norm for our people even after the Gulf Arabs came to us. Fuck that BLM leader needs to educate himself on regions and genetics lmao, he is also looking pretty light light skinned if you ask me...

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Personally, I grew up going to a catholic church and the colour of Jesus skin was never of significance to me.

I've seen Jesus depicted as white in Southpark. That Jesus character is hilarious and I don't think this is a problem.

I've also seen Jesus depicted as various shades of brown, but I just don't see what point people are attempting to make.

What was significant to me growing up as a Catholic were the ideas and values which I learned and still believe in today.

Of particular significance is the idea that we are inherently flawed but should always attempt to live our lives in the best way possible. I can relate to that, have made huge mistakes in my life but always try to take steps forward to be a better person.