Black friday sales!!! What tv did you buy

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Wahesh

Reaction score
TGG's near me are absolute arseholes.
Have caught them out multiple times bullshitting, fabricating prices etc.
I guess the franchise does come into question. Believe it or not, the good deal I got was from Bankstown LOL.

So... JB HI FI in Bankstown Square said they'd sell me the tv for $2695. It took a little negotiating, but they decided to include free delivery on it.

I decided to go to TGG just to check them out. They said $2695 for the same TV. No big difference in price. They had no problem including delivery in it. Great. Obviously why go back to JB when these guys offered the delivery free. We asked him how much he can give it to us for if we buy it now. He had to check with the manager. He came back and said $2435. Ok... so they took another $60 off. Good. We'll take it. As he was entering it into the system, he put down $2300. I said mate... you made a mistake. He said no, because we didn't fart arse around with him, he gave us a further discount of $130. Sweet. Anyway... he entered it all in and then just before he submitted it, he saw I had a JB HI FI catalog. He whipped everything clear and started again... this time charging us $2190. I'm like... what gives??? He said because I showed him a competitors catalog, he was able to take a further $110 off. THEN on top of us, we wanted a sound bar. We saw one we liked. He gave us a newer, better one, for an even cheaper price than we saw. THEN, he gave us gold warranty meaning we get $60 every year for 5 years in TGG vouchers.

FMD they sold it to us alright LOL.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any WordPress users here? Yoast put a Black Friday banner in the dash and subsequently copped massive backlash including a heap of users disabling the plugin, prompting an apology from the CEO.. suckaz

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I guess the franchise does come into question. Believe it or not, the good deal I got was from Bankstown LOL.

So... JB HI FI in Bankstown Square said they'd sell me the tv for $2695. It took a little negotiating, but they decided to include free delivery on it.

I decided to go to TGG just to check them out. They said $2695 for the same TV. No big difference in price. They had no problem including delivery in it. Great. Obviously why go back to JB when these guys offered the delivery free. We asked him how much he can give it to us for if we buy it now. He had to check with the manager. He came back and said $2435. Ok... so they took another $60 off. Good. We'll take it. As he was entering it into the system, he put down $2300. I said mate... you made a mistake. He said no, because we didn't fart arse around with him, he gave us a further discount of $130. Sweet. Anyway... he entered it all in and then just before he submitted it, he saw I had a JB HI FI catalog. He whipped everything clear and started again... this time charging us $2190. I'm like... what gives??? He said because I showed him a competitors catalog, he was able to take a further $110 off. THEN on top of us, we wanted a sound bar. We saw one we liked. He gave us a newer, better one, for an even cheaper price than we saw. THEN, he gave us gold warranty meaning we get $60 every year for 5 years in TGG vouchers.

FMD they sold it to us alright LOL.
Did he suck your dick?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Ordered a Sony 65X9500G. My Sony 55 is so god damn old, and I have a similar new Sony in my games room which I absolutely love (it is 55").

I find it funny that one of the major negatives on Tech Radar for the TV I bought was sound quality. Who the hell uses the inbuilt speakers on tvs? lol

Was seriously considering an OLED but the extra cost doesn't seem worth it to me at the moment.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Give him another 10 minutes and that may nave been the case.
Sounds like they're desperate for sales.
Wonder why...
It was the exact same tv as JB had, they only gave us $400+ off lol.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
At least they will work for a while when you get them home, unlike LG!
Yet to have one work in this house!
Nothing wrong with lg. I have 3 at my house. One of them is 12 years old and still goes fine.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with lg. I have 3 at my house. One of them is 12 years old and still goes fine.
I got a 7 year on 32 inch Soniq tv in my bedroom. Nothing wrong with it. It cost my $199 and does the job. It basically looks like a giant computer monitor.

Banned
Reaction score
Wow!
Every LG item in this household and a few other have given nothing but grief!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Wow!
Every LG item in this household and a few other have given nothing but grief!
I think it comes down to luck. I thought my Soniq TV would've carked it after 3-4 years - here we are 7 years later the same as day 1.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I didn't actually need anything so didn't do the sale. My main tv I got at last year's boxing day sales 500 off so I was happy with that.